Where is Taurean...? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Where is Taurean...?

Possibly her history as a helicopter parent. She and her son gave the coaching staff some headaches last season, especially in the early going.

Oh yeah I know about his mom. There was some poster who was doing a whole psychological profile and analysis of Taurean during the whole recruiting saga though and I was just wondering if that was where he was going with that.

Francis' pod indirectly touches on TT a little. It does appear that either Francis or his source (or both) would not be surprised if TT was not at SU next year - and that it doesn't necessarily mean he'd go to the NBA either. I'm not saying this summer has anything to do with it, but him "being off the grid" in addition to the chatter of him leaving after this year doesn't bode well for this year.

Francis' pod indirectly touches on TT a little. It does appear that either Francis or his source (or both) would not be surprised if TT was not at SU next year - and that it doesn't necessarily mean he'd go to the NBA either. I'm not saying this summer has anything to do with it, but him "being off the grid" in addition to the chatter of him leaving after this year doesn't bode well for this year.

Wonder if he not going to play this year to be eligible the next year at his transfer school. He sure seemed to love his teammates. Hope he stays strong and guts it out here!

We sure have signed a bunch of forwards. Sidebe and 7'2" at center if needed.

Possibly her history as a helicopter parent. She and her son gave the coaching staff some headaches last season, especially in the early going.
It was all year. This dude will be gone soon.

Hate even speculating about TT. Does seem he will leave after this year, at best. Just don't want to ruin the chemistry. We have a lot of talent. Young, yes, but still capable of getting into the Tourney. This year is probably building towards '18-'19, but I never throw a year out. If he's not all in, then let the young guys loose.

That said, I have no clue. I'm hoping he's working out with a trainer like someone said. Along with that article someone brought up from after last year that has him saying he needs to improve, etc. Just want him to be apart of the team as he improves.

This is why I love HW, MM, OB, Sid. Hughes, Buddy, and Baze too. They bleed Orange. Marek too, in a different way, as I think he will put his all in for SU. Not sure how much he knows about Cuse basketball. Not forgetting about Tyus, or Geno. The two most important to me.

Just need players dedicated to the program, and winning. The personal accomplishments will come along with that. Dion, and MCW were disgruntled their first year, but bought in and it paid off. Hope TT does the same.

I have heard that TT is disgruntled and he's likely to bounce after this coming season but have people really heard there's a possibility he won't be at SU this fall? I've heard that he does not want to transfer because he wants to go pro ASAP and thus wouldn't want to sit out a year at another school.

I have heard that TT is disgruntled and he's likely to bounce after this coming season but have people really heard there's a possibility he won't be at SU this fall? I've heard that he does not want to transfer because he wants to go pro ASAP and thus wouldn't want to sit out a year at another school.
Yep

Disgruntled about what? When is the last time a freshman center got more run than him, especially one that played defense that bad?

Taurean clearly has and will continue to march to the beat of his own drum but I am so confused on what hes mad about. Cant be playing time. He got plenty of touches and will see that expand even more this year. Is it because his coaches actually want to see effort on defense and smart plays (not taking jumpers consistently just inside the 3 pt line). I dont know what it is but I always got a weird vibe about him since his recruitment. Hopefully he wakes up because pro ball is not any easier and coaches will expect the same things our staff expects if not more.

Disgruntled about what? When is the last time a freshman center got more run than him, especially one that played defense that bad?

It really is odd. The guy played no defense and jacked up shots whenever he felt like it, and still stayed on the court a lot. It can't be a playing time issue.

We've heard he doesn't like zone, which seems ridiculous...why would you come here in the first place? Is that all? Does he delusionally think he's a point forward and wants the ball in his hands constantly? Is it simply a personality conflict and he isn't mature enough to get passed that? I'm stumped.

yeah this one is unfortunate - he's a kid who, if his head was screwed on right, would be a force to reckon with... whatever the circumstances are, it's just kind of sad

On the surface he's the second best returning player on a perennially strong bball program in the best league, staring at a year where most would expect him to really make a name for himself. What college bball player wouldn't be thrilled to be in that position and fired up for the season?

It's allegedly a few things. Not liking the criticism of his defense by JB. Not liking the 2-3 (which really makes zero sense, he knew what he was signing up for). And a general personality clash with JB. Basically, TT doesn't take kindly to getting barked at. Even that doesn't add up to me because TT played for a few years under another legendary coach, Bob Hurley, who is no shrinking violet. I don't think it was a playing time issue but perhaps TT is pissed he was pulled sometimes for his defense.

I was told the staff is very unhappy Thompson has not been at the preseason workouts. I haven't heard TT's mom is an issue lately. She and TT want the same thing: for TT to get to the NBA ASAP (duh) and realize transferring makes zero sense to accomplish that.

It really is odd. The guy played no defense and jacked up shots whenever he felt like it, and still stayed on the court a lot. It can't be a playing time issue.

We've heard he doesn't like zone, which seems ridiculous...why would you come here in the first place? Is that all? Does he delusionally think he's a point forward and wants the ball in his hands constantly? Is it simply a personality conflict and he isn't mature enough to get passed that? I'm stumped.

Yeah, good questions. Could very well be that he wants to be a point forward type and have the offense run through him, lol. Re: zone, maybe he preferred to truly go to MSU but the mom stonewalled wanting him closer to home. Who knows. I'm still not convinced how successful he will be once defenses actually start paying attention to him.

Yeah, good questions. Could very well be that he wants to be a point forward type and have the offense run through him, lol. Re: zone, maybe he preferred to truly go to MSU but the mom stonewalled wanting him closer to home. Who knows. I'm still not convinced how successful he will be once defenses actually start paying attention to him.

Yeah, I think this is pretty much spot on. I also am skeptical about his game. He needs a lot more off the bounce to keep defenses honest. He's pretty one-dimensional with flashes of a few other things outside of a very solid jumper from 17 feet in.

It's allegedly a few things. Not liking the criticism of his defense by JB. Not liking the 2-3 (which really makes zero sense, he knew what he was signing up for). And a general personality clash with JB. Basically, TT doesn't take kindly to getting barked at. Even that doesn't add up to me because TT played for a few years under another legendary coach, Bob Hurley, who is no shrinking violet. I don't think it was a playing time issue but perhaps TT is pissed he was pulled sometimes for his defense.

I was told the staff is very unhappy Thompson has not been at the preseason workouts. I haven't heard TT's mom is an issue lately. She and TT want the same thing: for TT to get to the NBA ASAP (duh) and realize transferring makes zero sense to accomplish that.

So the simple answer to all his problems seems to be: play some friggin defense. Then the coach leaves you alone and you don't get pulled out.

Yeah, I think this is pretty much spot on. I also am skeptical about his game. He needs a lot more off the bounce to keep defenses honest. He's pretty one-dimensional with flashes of a few other things outside of a very solid jumper from 17 feet in.

True, and if you are going to be a below the rim player you need to be strong especially in the lower body and not be rooted out of position easily like he does. Guys Zach Randolph and Sullinger are those types of PFs. Millsap too.

I can understand having a personality clash with JB. I don't think his style is right for everyone. However, if he is mad about a coach telling him to play defense, there is no hope for him in the NBA. Scoring machines get away with poor defense, but still get criticized. Does he think he is in that category?

It's too bad. He's the most gifted inside player we've had in a while. Here's hoping he decides to use it this year before he goes.

Last edited:
Taurean clearly has and will continue to march to the beat of his own drum but I am so confused on what hes mad about. Cant be playing time. He got plenty of touches and will see that expand even more this year. Is it because his coaches actually want to see effort on defense and smart plays (not taking jumpers consistently just inside the 3 pt line). I dont know what it is but I always got a weird vibe about him since his recruitment. Hopefully he wakes up because pro ball is not any easier and coaches will expect the same things our staff expects if not more.
He is a perfect Euro player, which is where he will wind up, IMO.
Not athletic enough for the Association.

He is a perfect Euro player, which is where he will wind up, IMO.
Not athletic enough for the Association.

This is what I don't understand, players who want the money fast could already go this route. Proves to me that college ball is a two way street, a symbiotic relationship , where not just one party, but both benefit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom