Who's watching this 30 for 30 doc? | Syracusefan.com

Who's watching this 30 for 30 doc?

On NC State's 1983 run and Jimmy V? Really good stuff.

I am. Really interesting to see the players recounting the 83 tournament today. Thurl Bailey--forgot how good he was.

I am NOT an NC State fan, but man, what a run they had that tournament.

awesome stuff. Almost like they were preordained or something. Amazing at every turn.

Thought his 1993 10 year NC anniversary speech at NC St. was even better than the ESPYs.

I remember they kept referencing 3 point shooters. Wasn't the three point shot not around till 87?

I believe in certain conferences, the 3 pt shot was in play.

Like the 6 foul rule in the Big east back in the day

I am. Really interesting to see the players recounting the 83 tournament today. Thurl Bailey--forgot how good he was.

I saw them beat WVU in an early season matchup at the Meadowlands. Not sure what the other game was but it was a doubleheader. I was closely following their run because I had seen them in person.

It's really good. I watch a lot of Jazz games and Thurl Bailey does the halftime and post game commentary and Sidney Lowe is one of their assistant coaches. It's amazing how many times they should have lost but didn't.

I remember they kept referencing 3 point shooters. Wasn't the three point shot not around till 87?

It actually was a short 3 point shot. Probably 18 feet. If that.

This game with no 3s, no shot clock, and no double bonus

It's like a a different game. Look at 87 and wonder what wouldve been with double bonus.

30 for 30's are always good, and I loved this one. I wondered how they'd fill the entire two hours, and was worried when it began with a funeral-- and it wasn't Jimmy's. But it straightened out and I really enjoyed it. Such a wild ride!

It actually was a short 3 point shot. Probably 18 feet. If that.

IT WAS TINY! that was the 1st thing I noticed.

I am sure, if that were around today - scott wood would make 50+% of those, minimum.

This game with no 3s, no shot clock, and no double bonus

It's like a a different game. Look at 87 and wonder what wouldve been with double bonus.

the double bonus thing got me. I had never heard that was a time pre-double bonus. I would foul on every single play under 5 min and dare the other team to make the FT.

the double bonus thing got me. I had never heard that was a time pre-double bonus. I would foul on every single play under 5 min and dare the other team to make the FT.

I remember the no double bonus. Every FT had you on pins and needles.

The only thing that I thought that would have made it better (well 2 things)

1. They should have talked more about Lorenzo Charles. Guy was a beast and given the fact that he passed away they should have spent a little time on him. They almost overlooked him altogether.

2. They should have done something at the end that showed what each guy is doing now. I know what Whittenberg, Lowe and Bailey did and are doing but they could have incorporated it like they did at the end of the Fab 5 one.

Again not nitpicking because this was really well done.

I remember the no double bonus. Every FT had you on pins and needles.

The only thing that I thought that would have made it better (well 2 things)

1. They should have talked more about Lorenzo Charles. Guy was a beast and given the fact that he passed away they should have spent a little time on him. They almost overlooked him altogether.

2. They should have done something at the end that showed what each guy is doing now. I know what Whittenberg, Lowe and Bailey did and are doing but they could have incorporated it like they did at the end of the Fab 5 one.

Again not nitpicking because this was really well done.

Lowe could be going to jail. And they really made Valvano out to be a saint... which more than likely wasnt the case.

I LOVE JIMMY V. fricken love him. but to have the ncaa investigator say he didnt pay players or fix grades was just awkward IMO. And even more awkward was having the original WWWes (Sonny Vaccaro) vouching for him.

to continue on Jimmy V being made out to be a saint... within 2 minutes - they went from wittenberg saying Jimmy V was so popular and in demand for interviews and speaking engagements that he forgot to actually coach basketball to Coach K saying that "everyone was trying to bring him down"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom