Why dont we recruit nationally | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Why dont we recruit nationally

This team went 25-0 with canadian, ny, maryland, PA and i believe nj kids.

The starting lineup right now has players from Canada, Slovakia, Mali, metro DC and NJ.

It isn't like we have 5 players from upstate NY.

Didn't they get a big time recruit from Alaska a few years ago?

Who's "they"? Football? Basketball? Not that I'm aware of, but my life is a drunken haze and I could have missed something.

Who's "they"? Football? Basketball? Not that I'm aware of, but my life is a drunken haze and I could have missed something.
Tra Langdon. he was known as the Alaskan assassin

Tra Langdon. he was known as the Alaskan assassin

Ahh, yea.. He went to East

By "they" I thought you meant Syracuse (because that's what we're talking about) and by "few" I thought you were talking about the last few years (or at least the last 20)

Last edited:
Ahh, yea.. He went to East

By "they" I thought you meant Syracuse (because that's what we're talking about) and by "few" I thought you were talking about the last few years (or at least the last 20)
You wrote that Duke doesn't recruit Alaska. lol If Alaska has someone worth recruiting, they go there.

Didn’t Kansas go to Alaska for Chalmers as well?

You wrote that Duke doesn't recruit Alaska. lol If Alaska has someone worth recruiting, they go there.

“Dude doesn’t even”

Meant JB, because that’s who the OP was talking about. Should have used sarcasm font, but forgot about it

We had Oklahoma coaches at the state tourney a couple years ago

I dont care if all of players come from JD as long as we win. My point is that we are a National Brand. We can recruit and should recruit the best players regardless of location. Cast a wider net. Listen to the interview with Wildhack. He gets it.

Actually, Duke recruits Alaska very well (when they have players there)

Further north, even colder. :(

Fairbanks

Was there for two weeks back in 2000 in the summer. Had a great time. Saw moose and ate moose burgers. The whole extended daylight was something to get used to for sure. I was getting done with commitments inside but when we left around 10/1030PM it was still bright out.

I dont care if all of players come from JD as long as we win. My point is that we are a National Brand. We can recruit and should recruit the best players regardless of location. Cast a wider net. Listen to the interview with Wildhack. He gets it.

That was a good interview. Will be interesting. I wonder if Boeheim agrees with him.

Good point, but we aren't even recruiting our own state well. We've missed on a ton of players recently in New York(Huerter/Randolph/Wright/Nick Richards/I Washington). We have a top 5 team if we signed all of those players

Good point, but we aren't even recruiting our own state well. We've missed on a ton of players recently in New York(Huerter/Randolph/Wright/Nick Richards/I Washington). We have a top 5 team if we signed all of those players

You kinda need the players to want to play here too - you can't 'miss' on players who aren't actually interested, or whom we aren't interested in, or for whom we didn't have an available scholarship at the time.
And even if we're interested, and they're interested, they may still choose to go away for college.

Serious question because I don 't follow hoops recruiting outside of SU...does Nova recruit nationally?

I feel like the only programs that really do are Kentucky, Duke, UNC, and Kansas (on a consistent basis).

That was a good interview. Will be interesting. I wonder if Boeheim agrees with him.
Jim used to take advantage of CA. I have no idea why he doesn't go big. If not for Griff Baz wouldn't be orange. Kinda scary really. Now that his kid is done playing prep ball maybe jb spreads it out some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom