Why Wouldn't Dino Stay? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Why Wouldn't Dino Stay?

This whole conversation is insane. Dino hasn't been on campus for 18 months and he's 8-11 to date. Best case scenario is 500 after two years.

The team is obviously on an upward trajectory, but is any team (let alone a UCLA or Tennessee) going to hire a coach that might not even go to a bowl game in two seasons? There is a good chance we don't win 2 more this year. The Clemson game is an all-time achievement, but that doesn't erase the MTSU loss.

And why would Dino leave when he can be pretty much guaranteed a job at SU with a bowl every few years and average 6 or 7 wins a year? He's better off staying put, competing with the best rather than risk being canned at an SEC and being relegated to the MAC after not winning enough for the boosters. If he keeps this up here he is basically guaranteed to make at least 20 million by the time he retires at 65.

Did Coach Mac get looks from college teams after we beat Nebraska or after the Sugar Bowl? Coach P w the Gator Bowl or after we beat Miami 66-13? Reason is because those coaches weren't out there sniffing around at every job opening

Coaches drive the bus on whether they want to be in the picture for jobs. Tom O'Brien habitually did this. Jeff Jagodzisnki got fired for just thinking about going to the Jets.

Dino is either directing his agent to do this or to put the brakes on any speculation. My suspicion, not knowing the guy, is he hasn't made that call yet. But if he's feeling like Syracuse can get him to his bigger job, u will see the real football writers w their "Sources saying" that X and Y jobs would be perfect for Dino. It's how it works.

Here's a thought thats gone through my head while admiring Dino's presence infront of the camera and mic.

I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed here at SU, eventually retired after a successful career and then was hired on by espn... or anyone else.

Did Coach Mac get looks from college teams after we beat Nebraska or after the Sugar Bowl? Coach P w the Gator Bowl or after we beat Miami 66-13? Reason is because those coaches weren't out there sniffing around at every job opening

The only time I can remember P's name being mentioned for another job was when ND hired and fired George O'Leary, and then brought in Ty Willingham for an interview. If he said no, supposedly P was the next in line.

Coaches drive the bus on whether they want to be in the picture for jobs. Tom O'Brien habitually did this. Jeff Jagodzisnki got fired for just thinking about going to the Jets.

Dino is either directing his agent to do this or to put the brakes on any speculation. My suspicion, not knowing the guy, is he hasn't made that call yet. But if he's feeling like Syracuse can get him to his bigger job, u will see the real football writers w their "Sources saying" that X and Y jobs would be perfect for Dino. It's how it works.

different era

Andrea Adelson from ESPN on Axe was pushing the paranoia as well. Saying that all the big time schools now know about Dino, with Axe egging her on to more or less state that Cuse will have a very tough time keeping him. It made me very mad to say the least, just for the whole nature of the convo, in addition to the fact that neither believed Syracuse could keep a decent HC. BS

Andrea Adelson from ESPN on Axe was pushing the paranoia as well. Saying that all the big time schools now know about Dino, with Axe egging her on to more or less state that Cuse will have a very tough time keeping him. It made me very mad to say the least, just for the whole nature of the convo, in addition to the fact that neither believed Syracuse could keep a decent HC. BS

wonder what andrea adelson's predictions were this year.

i honestly can't wait to see who the first journo is to ask Dino the question. will it be tweedle dee or tweedle dumb?

Look these so called media clowns read this board and the insecure ones here fuel the fire with non stop Dino is gone or this recruit is gone B.S.. And there is a lot of insecure ones on this board.

I wish the mods here would take every post that infects many different threads and do what Jake did and put into one thread and name it right.

Getting carried away a little? He won a big game. He won one last year. SU could lose the rest of their games. Then who would want him? See how it plays out for crying out loud.

Yeah, Syracuse and the surrounding area is very reasonable for house PURCHASE values, but insanely exorbitant taxes.

(absorbent tax rate - LOL. That's a great error! :p)

My 2700 sf colonial in Putnam county (just north of Westchester, which has insanely expensive property values AND taxes) sold for more than either DOCTOR Gross' or FHCSMFS's houses did (and those places look like mansions compared to ours) -

but their property & school taxes were more than TWO AND A HALF TIMES HIGHER. :confused:

Whisky Tango Foxtrot?!???!!! That. Is. INSANE.
we have the same size house, my taxes are $9k/year in the suburbs.

Mike and Mike just speculated on Dino Babers to Tennessee with their assumed coaching vacancy.

Paul Finebaum gushed about Dino and said "Tennessee has a laundry list they'll look at but Dino Babers will get a big job".

We better make sure Syracuse is that "big job" and that he's right where he needs to be.

These guys really don’t know anything about Syracuse or Dino Babers. Their hot take football predictions mean about as much as those of a Rutgers message board poster.

marrone left and this was his "dream job". YES it could definitely happen again.

Marrone didn’t have ACC level facilities and support for his program, and he’s an NFL guy(Babers isn’t).

marrone left and this was his "dream job". YES it could definitely happen again.

TGD isn't here and hopefully there aren't folks in authority openly working for his removal.

Axe is such a tool.

Aside from the money, the SEC isn't attractive right now. Saban has costed all the other SEC coaches their jobs, and will be around for a few more years

Anyone who thinks a "big" program is going to offer their job to Dino after this year is nuts. We are most likely going 7-6 or 6-7 , and ADs aren't going to put their jobs on the line to hire him. Even if he really wanted to go, hiring Babers is not a hire a P5 program can sell, not yet anyway.

"Hey guys, sorry Butch Jones didn't work out. Don't worry though, I just hired the guy who went 11-14 at Syracuse. Remember to keep those donations coming!"

That Axe article today is so frustrating. Let me call people who cover college football nationally and see if they think he’ll leave. Just makes this whole school seem so insecure and small time.

Is there an editor in the house?

That Axe article today is so frustrating. Let me call people who cover college football nationally and see if they think he’ll leave. Just makes this whole school seem so insecure and small time.

Is there an editor in the house?

Agreed. One big win and the local media can't wait to talk about Babers getting poached. It's pathetic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom