Why Wouldn't Dino Stay? | Syracusefan.com

Why Wouldn't Dino Stay?

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
Everyone wants to give me the reasons why he won't stay, but why shouldn't he stay? Consider this:

- Syracuse plays in the best division in College Football
- Syracuse has the opportunity to play against Clemson, Florida State and Louisville every single year
- Syracuse has a home field advantage that nobody else has (even when it isn't filled to capacity), both in terms of noise and in terms of controlled weather -- which is super important for this offense
- We have shown a willingness to invest in the program, even if others think there should be more (IPF, new locker room, new marketing/video staff, support staff, etc.)
- There are plans to invest more in the program -- even if nobody else sees it publicly
- There really is no pressure at Syracuse, as compared to an SEC school -- alums, donors and fans are absolutely ruthless at those schools. While there are some negative nancies in Syracuse (and I can be one, as we all can), it doesn't even compare to what is out there at these other schools

It was said on this board before that a high profile coach that everyone wanted to get as our head coach believed that you could win a national title at Syracuse.

While it won't happen every year and probably won't ever happen, I truly believe you can win big at SU. I mean, Dino's top win prior to coming to Syracuse was over a bad Maryland team or maybe a San Diego State team that went to the Idaho Bowl in 2013.

He's been thrust into this position because he came to Syracuse, and I am hopeful that he sees the positives of this situation and not just the shiny objects that could be thrown at him by other schools. Call me a homer or crazy but this situation feels different to me -- I really think we could be starting something special with our football program.

Everyone wants to give me the reasons why he won't stay, but why shouldn't he stay? Consider this:

- Syracuse plays in the best division in College Football
- Syracuse has the opportunity to play against Clemson, Florida State and Louisville every single year
- Syracuse has a home field advantage that nobody else has (even when it isn't filled to capacity), both in terms of noise and in terms of controlled weather -- which is super important for this offense
- We have shown a willingness to invest in the program, even if others think there should be more (IPF, new locker room, new marketing/video staff, support staff, etc.)
- There are plans to invest more in the program -- even if nobody else sees it publicly
- There really is no pressure at Syracuse, as compared to an SEC school -- alums, donors and fans are absolutely ruthless at those schools. While there are some negative nancies in Syracuse (and I can be one, as we all can), it doesn't even compare to what is out there at these other schools

It was said on this board before that a high profile coach that everyone wanted to get as our head coach believed that you could win a national title at Syracuse.

While it won't happen every year and probably won't ever happen, I truly believe you can win big at SU. I mean, Dino's top win prior to coming to Syracuse was over a bad Maryland team or maybe a San Diego State team that went to the Idaho Bowl in 2013.

He's been thrust into this position because he came to Syracuse, and I am hopeful that he sees the positives of this situation and not just the shiny objects that could be thrown at him by other schools. Call me a homer or crazy but this situation feels different to me -- I really think we could be starting something special with our football program.

As long as Wildhack, Syverud, the BoT and Babers are on the same page with the vision and investment for the program, I have no doubt Babers will stay until a godfather offer comes in from a truly elite program.

I don't think we'd lose him to a Tennessee-type program. Just my opinion.

As long as Wildhack, Syverud, the BoT and Babers are on the same page with the vision and investment for the program, I have no doubt Babers will stay until a godfather offer comes in from a truly elite program.

I don't think we'd lose him to a Tennessee-type program. Just my opinion.

BOT and "Doctor" Tucker are the main potential reasons he might leave, if a Godfather-type offer came in.

It seems like Dino, JW, Syverud, and *some* of the BOT members are on the same page.
That's a GREAT start.

Dabo's new house...lol

22365161_10214565025620148_339290458101164773_n.jpg

I can think of two million reasons he mighty not stay. Chance to double his salary and compete for a national title. He gone.

I bet he goes to Tennessee.

Last edited:
BOT and "Doctor" Tucker are the main potential reasons he might leave, if a Godfather-type offer came in.

It seems like Dino, JW, Syverud, and *some* of the BOT members are on the same page.
That's a GREAT start.
Has Dino or anyone gone on record stating they have a problem with Dr Tucker? I know people speculate alot here but I'm curious to as why he would leave because of Dr Tucker? Dino comes across as the type of guy who would not want to risk a players long term health and safety but I could be off base here.

Maybe he'll want a new challenge in 4 years. I hope not, but who knows if he's at the point in his life when he wants to stay put?

I can think of two million reasons he mighty not stay. Chance to double his salary and compete for a national title. He gone.

I can’t wait till this gets brought up next year with Dino still rocking it here.
Tennessee is a huge overall hall and would put Dino into or close to 60 before they are good again.

That's a GREAT start.

What has the BOT done or not done since Dino has been here that would cause him to leave?

I think he's going to stay. And I think we'll have to open up the coffers to incent him to do so.

Two million dollars isn't insubstantial, but it is far from insurmountable, because a packed Dome will more than offset the increase in salary for Dino and his staff. The AD can [and will] get this done.

I hope I’m wrong about that more than anything I’ve ever posted here.
I'm trying to think of a way to put this. Dino is an HC in one of the best P5 conferences in the country. He has the opportunity at SU to create a dynasty like Coach Ben and Mac.
Take a look around the P5 and tell me how many black HCs you see. Just because job openings occur doesn't mean he will be hired away. Unfortunately we still have a ways to go in this country.

th

I think he leaves eventually, I just hope he stays longer than 2 years this time to see his cake fully bake here. When you are as good as a coach as he is, its got to be tough to turn down a head coaching gig at one of the big boy schools, where your resources are unlimited and coaching abilities get maximized. Not to mention, a fat salary. I sure hope he stays thru next year as I think it has the potential to be a very good one.

Agreed. And if he turns this program around and wins at a high level, he will be revered in this community the same way that Coach Mac and Ben are. ESPECIALLY if he ushers in an era of sustained excellence where we're playing an exciting brand of football to watch and contending for top 25 consistently. Which I have believed from the moment we hired him that he will be able to do.

He'll get paid, and deservedly so. And the fans will pack the Dome again.

It’s a new day. Nobody smart cares about these good Ol boy back in the day programs with a bunch of stupid fans with nothing better to do than drive around the country in RV’s and run the coach out of town.

UT is where coaches go to die, now. Dino is smart and not a conventional guy or a good ol’ boy.

He would have to completely rebuild Tennessee just like he's rebuilding us and that would take him back two years at already 56 years old.

The SEC really isn't all it's cracked up to be and the ACC has caught it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom