Wiggins drama | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Wiggins drama

I really don't see the drama in all of this as far as the kid causing it goes. He doesn't do any interviews or anything, he's not going to show up in a burberry suit wearing a rolex in a nationally televised announcement (how that one wasn't dissected by the media I will never understand). Why does everyone say this kid is a drama queen? He is actually committing earlier then he has to!

Quite frankly if I were this kids "handler" I would tell him to not go to college at all. Sign a huge sneaker contract with Nike and either train or play overseas, he will make more money off endorsements his first few years anyway.

If he cuts a UK into his hair I'm going to heave. Can't stand the way some of these kids drag this out to grandstand. Hope he goes to FSU or Kanasas.

I really don't see the drama in all of this as far as the kid causing it goes. He doesn't do any interviews or anything, he's not going to show up in a burberry suit wearing a rolex in a nationally televised announcement (how that one wasn't dissected by the media I will never understand). Why does everyone say this kid is a drama queen? He is actually committing earlier then he has to!

Quite frankly if I were this kids "handler" I would tell him to not go to college at all. Sign a huge sneaker contract with Nike and either train or play overseas, he will make more money off endorsements his first few years anyway.
I was actually thinking over the last few weeks, that maybe the reason for him taking forever to decide is because maybe the Wiggins family was looking at overseas options. Which makes sense if he isn't in love with any of his college choices.

If UK doesn't land Wiggins, then they'll blame it on salary cap issuesView attachment 3518.
Kentucky already used up its amnesty on Archie Goodwin I know they will pay the luxury tax, but I doubt they can fit another max contract for Andrew Wiggins without letting a couple more players go.

As long as he doesn't go to Kentucky college basketball will be atleast somewhat open to anybody next year. If Wiggins goes to Kentucky, it will take a couple of injuries to that program for them not to win the NC, and I don't wish injuries any kids. Wiggins to Kansas or North Carolina doesn't make them the overwhelming Number 1 like it would for Kentucky, and Florida State probably just becomes a Sweet 16 team if he goes there.

The kid doesn't like media attention, not that I can blame him.

This seems more in line with his personality.

Hopefully he becomes at ease with his choice and has much success.

Nobody pays more than calipari.jpg

I was actually thinking over the last few weeks, that maybe the reason for him taking forever to decide is because maybe the Wiggins family was looking at overseas options. Which makes sense if he isn't in love with any of his college choices.

I'm shocked we don't see this more and Wiggins would have been a perfect candidate seeing as there will be a sneaker contract bidding war on him. After seeing kids in both football and basketball in recent years go back to school and cost themselves millions (aka Matt Barkley) I'm fully sold on the fact that these kids need to get the cash when it's there for the taking. It's noble to stay in school but if you are a lock top ten pick or in the unique sneaker contract situation Wiggins is in I think you have to go pro.

I really don't see the drama in all of this as far as the kid causing it goes. He doesn't do any interviews or anything, he's not going to show up in a burberry suit wearing a rolex in a nationally televised announcement (how that one wasn't dissected by the media I will never understand).

Who did that? (I know I will say "duh" when I hear it, I just can't remember this right now)

Who did that? (I know I will say "duh" when I hear it, I just can't remember this right now)
That would be me, the OP.
The bolded part and the interview link doesn't seem too humble.

"This started off with him being some quiet, humble kid. Seems to me, if he was really like that, he would have gotten it over with to avoid the pressure that most of these kids feel.

But even with the media asking him the same questions over and over, he still milks it.
Don't believe me? Listen to what he says when asked if he were to go to Kenturkey.
Does he seem humble in this interview? I can't tell if he's genuine or not.
http://www.themarsreel.com/andrew-wiggins-if-i-went-to-kentucky-wed-win-it-all-for-sure/"

Brandon Jennings and Jeremy Tyler went to europe but they weren't on the same level as Wiggins, not sure if they got sneaker contracts or not. Wiggins could get a euro contract AND a huge sneaker deal.

It's basically a guessing game with everybody and I doubt anyone really knows where Wiggins is leaning. I think we can all agree that everybody outside of UK, KU, and UNC hope that he does indeed pick FSU.
That's for sure. Although, I think the best possible outcome is for him to have his announcement televised and just after he announces he gets a call from Cal (ala Terrence Jones), and he decides to put him on speaker for the whole veiwing world to witness, and Cal goes in to great detail of what he will give him and how he will get it to him and how he shouldn't be worried, because they do it all the time, just ask Nerlens, Dakari, the Harrisons and about a dozen other guys...wait, am I on speaker?

That would be me, the OP.
The bolded part and the interview link doesn't seem too humble.

"This started off with him being some quiet, humble kid. Seems to me, if he was really like that, he would have gotten it over with to avoid the pressure that most of these kids feel.

But even with the media asking him the same questions over and over, he still milks it.
Don't believe me? Listen to what he says when asked if he were to go to Kenturkey.
Does he seem humble in this interview? I can't tell if he's genuine or not.
http://www.themarsreel.com/andrew-wiggins-if-i-went-to-kentucky-wed-win-it-all-for-sure/"

I meant who wore a rolex, etc during their college announcement. (Unless you also did that, in which case bully for you, sir!!)

I wore a swatch watch.
:)
Hot pink with fluorescent lime green protector!!

You guys are talking my language now. That is all I wanted for my bday when I was in middle school. I got it and there isn't a soul on this planet that could have told me I wasn't the coolest thing. Throw in a pair of bass loafers! stufffire

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom