wildcard matchup | Syracusefan.com

wildcard matchup

KellySyracuse

Living Legend
who wins this one between Yankees and Houston?

Yankees. I think they'll win but not sure how much farther they'll make it in the playoffs. People need to start hitting the ball and someone has to cover CCs ass

who wins this one between Yankees and Houston?

Yankees. I think they'll win but not sure how much farther they'll make it in the playoffs. People need to start hitting the ball and someone has to cover CCs ass

It would take the whole team to cover CC's ass.

I need to see Keuchal pitch on 3 days rest. If he was on normal rest I think Houston would win but with him on 3 day rests and Miller/Betances able to pitch 4 innings I think NYY wins unless Tanaka bombs.

MLB is such a joke. Relying on a gimmick for their Wild Card.

Does anyone actually like a one game playoff? With a 5 man pitching rotation, MLB is built for 7 game series, not this nonsensical one game play off.

They should shave 8 games off the season and make the wild card playoff best of 3 at the higher seed home field and make LDS best of 7.
The TV revenue from more playoff games would likely offset the lost 8 regular season games lost.

MLB is such a joke. Relying on a gimmick for their Wild Card.

Does anyone actually like a one game playoff? With a 5 man pitching rotation, MLB is built for 7 game series, not this nonsensical one game play off.

I like it when the Yanks lose... Does that count?

I actually have no problem with it. These teams aren't good enough through their work during the regular season to earn the spot in the playoffs. The one thing I think they need to do however, is reseed after the play-in games are done. The NL is problematic this year because the wild card teams are actually better than the other two division winners.

I actually have no problem with it. These teams aren't good enough through their work during the regular season to earn the spot in the playoffs. The one thing I think they need to do however, is reseed after the play-in games are done. The NL is problematic this year because the wild card teams are actually better than the other two division winners.
Haha, I'm a Yankees fan but not die hard. My parents are so I follow them by extension. I just think baseball is absurdly boring to begin with aside from the Playoffs and then somehow they go a make the Playoffs all gimmicky with this one game battle of the Wild Cards. Just like how I hate the NCAA Tourney from a Syracuse fan perspective and think its a gimmick.

Haha, I'm a Yankees fan but not die hard. My parents are so I follow them by extension. I just think baseball is absurdly boring to begin with aside from the Playoffs and then somehow they go a make the Playoffs all gimmicky with this one game battle of the Wild Cards. Just like how I hate the NCAA Tourney from a Syracuse fan perspective and think its a gimmick.

It's a conundrum. You yourself say baseball is boring, and the MLB folks have heard that, so they put in place a "gimmick" like this wild card game to get folks like you back to watching, but you don't like that either. Seems like a no win situation for them. See what I mean.

How can you hate the NCAA Tourney? That's the best thing there is in sports. Unless you are talking about the play-in games or something.

It's a conundrum. You yourself say baseball is boring, and the MLB folks have heard that, so they put in place a "gimmick" like this wild card game to get folks like you back to watching, but you don't like that either. Seems like a no win situation for them. See what I mean.

How can you hate the NCAA Tourney? That's the best thing there is in sports. Unless you are talking about the play-in games or something.
I hate it from a Syracuse Fan perspective because I don't like how we can lose to inferior teams in a one game showcase, knowing that we'd beat them 4 out 5 times. I just think it's gimmicky and the reason why a team like UCONN a few years ago is able to win it all with some lucky breaks and favorable matchups.

If I didn't have a horse in the race, I'd probably love it, but since Syracuse is usually in the tourney I get bitter about the fact our season ends on a cold shooting night to the Butlers of the world.

I hate it from a Syracuse Fan perspective because I don't like how we can lose to inferior teams in a one game showcase, knowing that we'd beat them 4 out 5 times. I just think it's gimmicky and the reason why a team like UCONN a few years ago is able to win it all with some lucky breaks and favorable matchups.

If I didn't have a horse in the race, I'd probably love it, but since Syracuse is usually in the tourney I get bitter about the fact our season ends on a cold shooting night to the Butlers of the world.

I hear you but that's why it's great. And why we as SU fans really can't say anything since we got to play in Albany in 2003.

I hear you but that's why it's great. And why we as SU fans really can't say anything since we got to play in Albany in 2003.
True, but we also had an all time HOF great in Melo and an all time college great in GMac. We may have been a 3 seed with a nice draw but we had some serious talent. It wasn't the midget guard/lucky bounce show all the way to the Championship.

The Giants and the Royals were both wild cards last year and ended up in the world series. I don't agree with your statement that they weren't good enough during the season to get there. There are plenty of teams that get better after the all star break, especially when they can expand their rosters or have the opportunity to buy players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom