Wildhack pull the trigger Monday or after the Pitt game?? | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack pull the trigger Monday or after the Pitt game??

I dont care if we go the cheap route.
Fire Dino.
Give White a 4 year deal at 2m a year.
Announce 44 to Tucker
Announce plans for the new athletic complex.
White will do a much better job than Dino. Heck how could he do any worse.
We retain most of the staff and build off the only part of the team that is showing a pulse.

Keep schmidt and hire a new O staff.
We would be much better off than continuing with Dino who isn't doing more than collecting his pay check.
I guarantee one of those things happens. 1000%. ;)

is going bowling is your goal ? well we ain't ranked and we ain't feared by nobody. let's fix the latter two and the first will follow...

If you think SU is hopeless then there’s really no downside to churning through coaches every 3-4 seasons and hoping one miraculously hits. Otherwise, what status quo are we protecting exactly?

I suspect Dino is retained, but I’m not at all afraid of moving on. It’s been six years, he’s nothing special. He had one excellent year, and I appreciate that. But lots of mediocre coaches have managed to catch lightning in a bottle for a season. Mike McCarthy won a Super Bowl, after all. Crazy stuff happens.

If we move on and the next guy doesn’t pan out, what have we lost really?

Thank you on the NJ numbers.

I cannot imagine the BOT signing off on those type of dollars.
I'd be surprised if they did, Mullen is a pipe dream that likely stays as one but with the way we've been playing on the field we need something to dream about.

I'd really be surprised if he had interest prior to numbers being discussed but if he did I think we'd be foolish to pass him up because of 2-3 million dollars. If Dan Mullen was our coach next year would I be crazy to see not only a bowl game but like a floor of 7 wins?

He took transfers at UF I'm sure he'd have 10-15 here and the man can flat out coach. Then you add in he's in the ACC, facing ACC coaches and ACC talent and I'd think he would kill it here. But again I'd be shocked if he was interested and if I was a betting man I'd say he ends up at USC.

find joe moorhead from 5 years ago when he was the HC at Fordham. I just think if your going to make a change and hey I get it for those that want Dino canned, I don’t necessarily agree but go find a coach that’s an up and comer. Buying out Dino and throwing another HUGE some of money at a coach is a real stretch.
moorhead is going to get bigger offers, he seems to be a leader for the UW job
I wanted Joe when we hired Dino but was thrilled we landed Dino. Lets all hope for a great showing on Saturday.

Why exactly did that happen. Is it because he chose loyalty over the program and hung onto bad coaches too long. Let’s also add in the huge swing and miss of a hire Gilbert is.
Dinos has a healthy ego. Hes going to have a very difficult time going outside his comfort zone on the O side.
Things started going bad when Lewis left.
Lewis was more important to Dino than Hop was to JB

I have never been so ready for a clean slate. HCDB does not have what it takes to win in Syracuse. I am willing to roll the dice and see what we get with a new HC hire.
Given the last 20 years or so, does anyone have what it takes to win at SU

If you think SU is hopeless then there’s really no downside to churning through coaches every 3-4 seasons and hoping one miraculously hits. Otherwise, what status quo are we protecting exactly?

I suspect Dino is retained, but I’m not at all afraid of moving on. It’s been six years, he’s nothing special. He had one excellent year, and I appreciate that. But lots of mediocre coaches have managed to catch lightning in a bottle for a season. Mike McCarthy won a Super Bowl, after all. Crazy stuff happens.

If we move on and the next guy doesn’t pan out, what have we lost really?
Totally agree. I’d also ask the supporters if not now, when?

Totally agree. I’d also ask the supporters if not now, when?
I get the feeling people are afraid we return to a GumpRob-esque status. To that I say, so what? Is there really a huge difference between being a 3 win program and a 5 win program. It all nets out the same: irrelevance.

It’s just so weird to me that people would be so hopeless, and yet want to retain the coach that seems to have shown he’s incapable of being anything more than mediocre.

I get the feeling people are afraid we return to a GumpRob-esque status. To that I say, so what? Is there really a huge difference between being a 3 win program and a 5 win program. It all nets out the same: irrelevance.

It’s just so weird to me that people would be so hopeless, and yet want to retain the coach that seems to have shown he’s incapable of being anything more than mediocre.

I've said it about a dozen times now but there's a Group of Dino supporters that aren't going to call for him to be replaced no matter what happens. 1 winning season in 6 years and people are defending him like we're trying to push out Kirk Ferentz

Given the last 20 years or so, does anyone have what it takes to win at SU
That’s the question I keep asking and I’m beginning to believe the answer is no. In a few years we will want the next coach fired as well. It will take a very special coach to win here consistently. Many are going to dispute but the last 20 years prove otherwise

I don’t know the win versus VT and BC were nice. Difference between 3 and 5. I’m not the guy to answer though as I don’t think anyone can win here consistently. don’t care who you hire ( for the most part)

Here is what it comes down to
Drop Dino = Another 3 4 years to build his system (new HC) and get his players ( no the transfer portal isn’t the magic program fixer)
Your chances of a success are well below 500 regardless of how well you research because you can’t predict how someone will do. There is a list of a million names of great young coaches that fail.

I personally have seen enough good things that I would stay with Dino another year as will JW I believe. Nobody has been any more depressed then me the last two weeks including the costs of air fare / food / car rental …… to get to Carter-Finley

This is a well thought out and articulate post, the problem is you can literally post this in perpetuity with Babers. If he goes 5-7 next year or 4-8 it will be the same rationale, excuses, and "lack of wanting to start over" that we heard last year and this year. Bottom line is we're in year 6 with 1 winning season, zero D1 P5 skill players outside of Tucker and a QB who literally can't throw the ball and has 100 yards total in his last 3 games. When is enough, enough??.

Jamey Chadwell

Probably have no chance but damn I’d take a shot with him

Gumprod was painful bc it was close to the success of P and proved that P wasn’t as bad as the lobbyists suggested. Made people look foolish

At this point we stink no matter what the decision is. That’s where I land and I feel like Dino represents my alma mader well. Seems to be a good steward of a terrible program. May get us to a bowl but if not he’s not a raving lunatic like shafer was

I’m with scooch in that I’m exhausted by SU football. Whatever happens is ok w me. I’m watching but w zero expectations. It’s still entertaining to me.

I’ll also add having a guy last through down years is a positive to me. May help the school PR wise NOT be a SEC meat grinder.

I've said it about a dozen times now but there's a Group of Dino supporters that aren't going to call for him to be replaced no matter what happens. 1 winning season in 6 years and people are defending him like we're trying to push out Kirk Ferentz
Not for nothing but it’s the same group that defended Coach P at the tail end of his tenure following 3 horrible recruiting classes and 3 mediocre seasons.

I guess no guarantees either way but would have been fun to watch. maybe he’d come back? He’s the OC at GB but doesn’t call plays.
I agree no guarantee but there would have been a little more staff continuity, offense identity would have remained the same, and Hackett has done okay given a chance at a higher level.

I think Hackett would have kept us in the 5-8 win range.

I’m hindsight Shafer might’ve been better than Babers but I know for sure Tim Lester > than Gilbert. Lester by the way beat both Pitt (44-41) and the divine Sean Lewis at Kent St (64-31) this season.
Again agreed. If Eric was healthy two years, who knows?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseAlum07

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom