Wildhack pull the trigger Monday or after the Pitt game?? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack pull the trigger Monday or after the Pitt game??

End of the day winning seasons are what matters, and Dino realistically had an opportunity to have winning seasons in 2017, 2019, and now in 2021, and it’s just not acceptable to whiff on 3 of 4 seasons where you had a clear path to a bowl. 2016 was a transition year and 2020 was a Covid dumpster fire, but other than that we had a good opportunity to make bowls in the other years and have only seen 1 if he whiffs Saturday vs. Pitt.

I have never been so ready for a clean slate. HCDB does not have what it takes to win in Syracuse. I am willing to roll the dice and see what we get with a new HC hire.
Three clean slates in 20 years; where’s that gotten us? In any event Dino is going nowhere this year.

No positives to firing him this year, the fans you have now will be there regardless. Save the money, let him coach one more year then make a splash hire when there are less high profile jobs available.
What high profile jobs are out there right now? And how do we know there won’t be more next year

Has Marrone picked up the batphone yet?
not taking any calls. he's happy where he is. Gotham city and the bat cave is his dream job.

Dinos buyout….every respectable coach telling Marrone not to rejoin this dumpster fire….Any other obstacle?

He’s the other issue. If Marrone comes back then it’s the exact same move those imbeciles in Piscataway made. We’re better than that I thought.
Better than Rutgers, really? We are a complete mess and Rutgers beat us at home this year. Remind me, how many wins do we have?

We would be bowl eligible if we beat the imbeciles from Piscataway at home. Both programs currently have an awful football team if we’re being totally honest

No positives to firing him this year, the fans you have now will be there regardless. Save the money, let him coach one more year then make a splash hire when there are less high profile jobs available.
If we lose by a lot to Pitt I will have lost all hope and will consider not going to games next season. I can count on one hand the number of games I have missed the last 25 years.

IF we take a beatdown like this again next week we have no choice as the offense is getting worse not better game by game. In year 6 we should have bcs quality wr's at least as the system was sold as being a machine on offense

What high profile jobs are out there right now? And how do we know there won’t be more next year
Well for starters: Florida will be soon, VT is, USC, LSU meaning at the very least 4 Syracuse type level jobs will be open as coaches leave those roles.

Dinos buyout….every respectable coach telling Marrone not to rejoin this dumpster fire….Any other obstacle?

He’s the other issue. If Marrone comes back then it’s the exact same move those imbeciles in Piscataway made. We’re better than that I
Uh start with USC and LSU, then segue to Washington and VT.

We’re not making a splash hire even if we had no buyout to pay. We’re likely looking at a rising FCS coach or a FCS coach with a sizable resume of experience.

If we lose by a lot to Pitt I will have lost all hope and will consider not going to games next season. I can count on one hand the number of games I have missed the last 25 years.

You had more hope during the GRob years?

Well for starters: Florida will be soon, VT is, USC, LSU meaning at the very least 4 Syracuse type level jobs will be open as coaches leave those roles.
That happens every year though. FSU, Louisville, Miami, West Virginia, GA Tech, Texas, Maryland, Nebraska, Arizona, Florida, Auburn, Bama could all open up next year.

That happens every year though. FSU, Louisville, Miami, West Virginia, GA Tech, Texas, Maryland, Nebraska, Arizona, Florida, Auburn, Bama could all open up next year.
bama isnt going to open until saban retires

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom