Wildhack pull the trigger Monday or after the Pitt game?? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack pull the trigger Monday or after the Pitt game??

IMO, if we beat Pitt, Dino should definitely keep his job. Going from 1-10 to 6-6 is a big improvement.

If we play a strong Pitt team very close, I would still probably keep him for one more year.

If Pitt comes in and totally humiliates us like Louisville and NC State did, I would fire him.

This was the easiest schedule imaginable. Easy non-conference games. Clemson is down. FSU is down. If he can’t go to a bowl this year, then when will it happen?

Selfishly, unless Marrone is whispering sweet nothings on the other end of the batphone then I am resigned to another year with Babers. Say we fire Babers, Marrone is smart enough not to come back, where do we turn? Some hot shot NFL Coordinator? Been there. Some continuity hire(For what reason i don't know)? Done that. No, I got it. Some hot name from the lower levels? Oh yea, that didn't work either. Well we aren't getting any established HC's from another successful school to leave. We can't even be like Penn St or USC, and keep it in the family because we are the unlucky school where none of the former players become big time coaches...except HCDM. I really don't think I can do another rebuild. You're going to tell me we have to give another guy 3 more years of patience before we see he isn't going to work out either? If we could have been competitive against L'ville and Nc St i could have lived with another year of Babers, but those losses were just so bad and reflective of a poorly coached team with poor team chemistry I can see cutting bait.

So my official stance is reluctantly keep Dino if we can't sweet talk Marrone into coming back and trying to save the program.

I’m in the give dino one more year save your money and make a real deal we are serious power 5 d-1 hire the next year. I don’t think this is the year with the current coaching carousel line up . All I ask is to be a Kansas state it’s not like our expectations are out of this world . If you can get us to a bowl game every year you will be seen as a god and have total job security.

Last edited:
The biggest arguments for keeping Dino have been, we have sucked before so who cares, it's not like we are going to hire anyone better, and if Dino can't turn it around nobody can...

Not once have I heard let's keep Dino because he is a good coach
Not once have I heard let's keep Dino so we can keep the team together
Not once have I heard let's keep Dino because he can recruit
Not once have I heard let's keep Dino because he puts an interesting product on the field
Not once have I heard let's keep Dino because he is a great in-game manager

There is literally no good reason to keep Dino if we are supposed to be a serious P5 program.

Wildhack said before the game he’s happy with the improvement he’s seen this year. Doesn’t sound like someone ready to make a coaching change.
I want to know what koolaid he drinks. With the crap happening with the womens basketball team he should have been hired. That alone tells me all we need to know about any possible coaching change.

I was done after the Rutgers game and I was a huge Dino fan. But I was resigned to the fact that Dino gets another year. And still am at this point. I don’t see us swallowing that buyout.
Agree. I was a big fan early on. However I do not know any coach with 5 loosing seasons in 6 years that keeps his job. SU is continuing to loose fans and alumni support. The only real fans left are the die hards and those are starting to leave. Not sure how long it will take the program to recover with another year with DB if we even can. Getting to feel like the Robinson area again. Maybe not as many blow outs but with protracted loosing with no end in sight. Sucks as a die hard fan.

I really don't think I can do another rebuild.
Honestly I was there for a bit too, but realized we're getting re-build results as it sits right now anyways. Blowout losses, losing record in conference and overall, and bottom of the conference recruiting classes. Only thing that changes really is some added new hope and chance of excitement.

I can be sold a hell of a lot easier right now on hope and change from some grass is greener unknown new hire than I can Dino turning a corner with the program.

I was told today that ticket prices next year are dramatically increasing because Notre Dame is coming in. We have the money for the buyout!!
…no one goes to games

Neither has any interest in coming to SU. It will be a lower level coach, especially if they have to buy out Dino. Marrone can go rub salt after what he did the last time.
"after what he did last time" yikes.

at least colgate was a good team last year that was in the upper 25 % of the teams
Colgate ain’t all that. They lost to Cornell by 10. They may be a tournament team due to their weak a$$ conference but they aren’t in the upper 25%. NC St as much as I hate them are a top 20 team.

A loss to Pitt next week would the perfect time to fire Dino he has had 6 years to turn this program around and has been paid quite to do so his record is horrible and he has lost control of the ship, If he stays you will see many players hit the portal, when ( Arku ) bolted the other day with 2 games to go that to me said a lot. His coaching and recruiting is not ( ACC ) caliber by any means he is very stubborn and in another world when being questioned at his press conferences , if he is retained we will be even worse next year, bite the damn bullet structure a buyout contract and hire a new coach we have nothing to loose.

Dino will be back, doesn’t matter, our football program is in a 0 gain situation . If we dump Dino we’re looking at Another 3or 4 year ( time to get my system in place) re building with attendance declining we’re screwed . My patience has reached the end. I am beginning to believe I’ll be long gone before we’re ever a good program again. The social media will be completely toxic in the coming weeks without doubt. But at least there is hoops ……. Oh wait !!!!!

Colgate ain’t all that. They lost to Cornell by 10. They may be a tournament team due to their weak a$$ conference but they aren’t in the upper 25%. NC St as much as I hate them are a top 20 team.
last year they were pretty good

I was content with 5 wins and he stays until we started looking like we have these past games and presumably next week. I figured if we at least looked decent and there was promise give him another shot. We’ve regressed instead and that just can’t happen.

Still can’t actually form the words but when it happens, it’ll be necessary.

I was content with 5 wins and he stays until we started looking like we have these past games and presumably next week. I figured if we at least looked decent and there was promise give him another shot. We’ve regressed instead and that just can’t happen.

Still can’t actually form the words but when it happens, it’ll be necessary.
You still are not funny
And you throw terrible….

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom