Wildhack pull the trigger Monday or after the Pitt game?? | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack pull the trigger Monday or after the Pitt game??

Why is there almost zero blame on the WR?
Sure QB play has not been good
People yell for Benson then he drops a few catchable balls
Queeley looked confused or gave up on the route
S Johnson not sure where he’s gone
Alford shows flashes but appears to be playing hurt
We don’t have a true number 1 and at best have a boarder line 2 receiver with a few spare parts we throw out and hope for something

Only chance of this working next year is if we hit the portal hard for major offense overall and yes it’s crazy we can’t get good WR to come here our of high school
queeley seems to get benched often for a veteran

I’d like to say I thought that as well but as someone pointed out with the stats prior to the game. It’s been a pretty common thing for this team to be blown out in numerous games in the last 5/6 years.
Considering the importance of winning yesterday, the entire approach was wholly unacceptable and honestly just a nightmare to watch for fans who just want something to go right and feel right.

We cant let Pitt blow us out. Season ticket pricing surely is going up next year because of the gold domers and we’re not going to have anyone interested in purchasing.

This is bordering a catastrophe for our program as a p5

Considering the importance of winning yesterday, the entire approach was wholly unacceptable and honestly just a nightmare to watch for fans who just want something to go right and feel right.

We cant let Pitt blow us out. Season ticket pricing surely is going up next year because of the gold domers and we’re not going to have anyone interested in purchasing.

This is bordering a catastrophe for our program as a p5
they will keep the ticket part of seats the same price up the donation aspect

bd3.jpg

And yes it was sophomoric...
My sense of humor died the last 2 weekends.

Simply put, they didn’t have a viable alternative.

Which, since you’ve spent your career working on contracts, I can reasonably presume you know but are choosing to ignore.
That is a ridiculous comment. Explain why they didn't have a viable alternative.

If Cuse wins this weekend, as unlikely as that may seem, Dino stays.
Should Cuse lose...I'd make every effort to keep White and Schmidt as these guys seem
to have a grip/good reputation on what they do.
But when you look at the players who have left the program/left the recruiting class
and the poor class CUSE has coming in and now the seeming collapse of this season,
there is momentum building for Dino to be shown the door...and rightly so.
I mean last game of the season...senior day...bowl game riding on the outcome
and we won't get 33k in the stands.
THAT IS WEAK...illustrating a program that can't/won't be supported by fans.
33k? We won't have 20.

I’m on board with new HC, OC, and retaining some key components if we can like White, Schmidt and a few other assistants. If we win Saturday, I think Dino gets one more year, if we lose, time to move on.

I think you have to negotiate a buyout if we fall Saturday. It sends a pretty bad message to walk into another season with a HC who has had a losing record in 5 of 6 seasons and the last 3.

That's up to the new coach. A new broom sweeps clean.

I dont care if we go the cheap route.
Fire Dino.
Give White a 4 year deal at 2m a year.
Announce 44 to Tucker
Announce plans for the new athletic complex.
White will do a much better job than Dino. Heck how could he do any worse.
We retain most of the staff and build off the only part of the team that is showing a pulse.

Keep schmidt and hire a new O staff.
We would be much better off than continuing with Dino who isn't doing more than collecting his pay check.

Or agree to a long payout term
That only happens if the coach agrees to that. Based on buyouts seemingly happening at every school it suggests that is not a typical or accepted construct by the coaches.

Syracuse was drawing 35-37K in 1991, in a 10-2 season, to games against Vanderbilt and ECU. I’d argue the fans were never actually there in the first place, so paying big money in the hopes they “come back” would be pretty foolish.
Okay and those are butts in Seats numbers not the bloated numbers you see now. I was at the games in the 80s and 90s and those crowds were lot larger then today. How many actual ppl will
Be at the game Saturday,15-20k at most. Do your math, hon much revenue are they losing by drawing 15-20k less. Add together tickets, parking, food, drinks, merchandise. It’s a huge number I bet that 10million buyout isn’t so bad if you hire someone that turns it around to those numbers again.

At the very least Gilbert needs to be fired as soon as last play happens Saturday. As a matter of fact his bags should be packed and left next to the door of the coaches box.
I will personally buy him a pair of new cowboy boots as a parting gift

Fire Dino.
Announce 44 to Tucker
We retain most of the staff and build off the only part of the team that is showing a pulse.

We would be much better off than continuing with Dino who isn't doing more than collecting his pay check.
Agree with this.

Fire Dino.
Announce 44 to Tucker

Why the love for Schmidt? He has had more to work with this year and we still can't pass block. If you clean house, you clean house.

At the very least Gilbert needs to be fired as soon as last play happens Saturday. As a matter of fact his bags should be packed and left next to the door of the coaches box.
I think that is what will happen. Dino will meet with JW, JW will give the “you can stay but make changes” speech. We aren’t dumping White obviously so the change will come on the offensive side. Then DB better bring in at least 2 receivers, a QB, at least 2 DLs from the portal.

didnt want to start a new thread but there is a realistic chance at 5-7 our apr will be good enough to go bowling as there could be as many as 6 5 and 7 bowl teams.

Here is a thread tracking it

I think that is what will happen. Dino will meet with JW, JW will give the “you can stay but make changes” speech. We aren’t dumping White obviously so the change will come on the offensive side. Then DB better bring in at least 2 receivers, a QB, at least 2 DLs from the portal.
How many times can you go down that road. We just did that two years ago and he hired Gilbert. At the end of the day you still have a general who is worse then custard

didnt want to start a new thread but there is a realistic chance at 5-7 our apr will be good enough to go bowling as there could be as many as 6 5 and 7 bowl teams.

Here is a thread tracking it

That shouldn’t be the qualifier to retain Dino. If this was 1985 and there was only a handful of bowls then yes great job. But there is now a bowl in every big city in the country. The minimal effort to retain a coaching job at Syracuse should be .500

At what point does Babers’s pride come into play? He knows as well as we do that he’s going to lose everyone good player on this team if he’s a lame duck coach and he knows her will have zero respect from the players. Who wants to operate in an environment like that? Where they know they are a laughing stock with no zero respect? Would he take a negotiated settlement to walk away this year? I mean he can’t be enjoying this… right?

If that’s true he has a strong case with that game and this one.
Honestly if Pitt is this bad I’m fine with it
Will be tough to fire Dino if we pull out the Pitt game and go bowling
It seems odd to me - one game decides whether a coach is fired or retained?

At what point does Babers’s pride come into play? He knows as well as we do that he’s going to lose everyone good player on this team if he’s a lame duck coach and he knows her will have zero respect from the players. Who wants to operate in an environment like that? Where they know they are a laughing stock with no zero respect? Would he take a negotiated settlement to walk away this year? I mean he can’t be enjoying this… right?
Lol his pride is boosted every time he receives a paycheck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom