Wildhack pull the trigger Monday or after the Pitt game?? | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack pull the trigger Monday or after the Pitt game??

It seems odd to me - one game decides whether a coach is fired or retained?
No the body of his work decided his fate. It’s not the executioners fault at that point he’s just pulling the lever to drop the floor. The loses and the way he’s coaching is what got him on the chopping block. Do you think we should pile up another year of loses. Would that be enough. What is your tipping point, the entire team enters the portal, we average 1 win, recruiting in the 100 area for rankings, when is enough enough.

How many times can you go down that road. We just did that two years ago and he hired Gilbert. At the end of the day you still have a general who is worse then custard
Not defending it, just doing my best Nostradamus here

Lol his pride is boosted every time he receives a paycheck
Even with a negotiated settlement, Babers will have more than enough money to lead and extremely comfortable life for the rest of his time on the planet. This also assumes he wouldn’t get an assistant coach gig somewhere. I can’t imagine the money I’d worth the daily grind of this situation.

English? What exactly are you asking?

Do you not think there have been a lot of negatives? There have also been positives, but those negatives would land most ADs in the hot seat.
And the Women's Basketball program will take a long time to rebuild. Should have gotten a new coach this year, and been able to recruit high school players now.
Have lost at least 2 years of recruiting by keeping a lame duck coach.
2022, and 2023 players have pretty much made up their minds. That means when you get a new coach 2024 is the earliest group you can get in with.

Isn't Sean Lewis the ideal prospect: affordable, had success at SU, current success as a head coach, getable (hopefully)?
Nooooooo. We need a guy with a proven long term track record. Dino came in with a resume or instantly upgrading a team. What he did when he came in was great but we learned he isn’t able to build a team long term.

Bringing in a lower level head coach is problematic, because he likely brings his entire staff. Then, we have to wait 3 years to see who can't cut the mustard at the P5 level. Would rather get a former HC, preferably with the relationships and cache, to build a top notch staff. Doug Marrone is a good coach, but in hindsight, that was a helleva staff he put together.

Last edited:
Isn't Sean Lewis the ideal prospect: affordable, had success at SU, current success as a head coach, getable (hopefully)?

Not at all. We need a HC who can connect with Northeastern High School HCs. That is how we will get the depth and quality that is needed.

Guys who would fit that: Marrone, Moorhead, Mullen, Cignetti. Added advantage I think all of those guys wouldn't be looking to leave at the 1st sign of success.

Not at all. We need a HC who can connect with Northeastern High School HCs. That is how we will get the depth and quality that is needed.

Guys who would fit that: Marrone, Moorhead, Mullen, Cignetti. Added advantage I think all of those guys wouldn't be looking to leave at the 1st sign of success.
I would take any one of those names right now

IMO,
  • If we are considering bringing in a new HC we need:
A great recruiter
Someone who would keep our D coordinator and focus on O and QB development or
Someone who has been successful on both sides of the ball
Someone who can convince key players to remain with the program.
Someone who can build from both transfers and typical recruiting
Someone prepared to upgrade our infield product in his first season.
Someone who will inspire fans to show up to games and support the team.
Someone effective in garnishing donor support.

Yes this is a high expectation and yes we deserve this all!
When we settle for what we believe we deserve we are never happy!

IMO,
A great recruiter

Jim Mora?

IMO,
A great recruiter

Nick Saban isn’t coming to Syracuse.

Why the love for Schmidt? He has had more to work with this year and we still can't pass block. If you clean house, you clean house.
He’s a young assistant, he’s been nominated for a national award, and while we had a 6 deep 2 deep the line looked more competent than it has in years. All that in his first year. There isn’t as much talent or players ready due to youth beyond that top 6 so as we’ve incurred injuries the line has started to noticeably struggle.

Nooooooo. We need a guy with a proven long term track record. Dino came in with a resume or instantly upgrading a team. What he did when he came in was great but we learned he isn’t able to build a team long term.
Dino came in with a resume of continuing sucess with someone else’s players and then leaving. Lewis took arguably one of the top 5 worse teams in the nation and brought them to 2 bowls with they only had 3 ever before and is one win away from their second ever divisional win

I'm not sure about firing Dino and replacing him with a guy as directly from his coaching tree as you can get.

Not saying it won't happen or shouldn't be considered but I have a hard time seeing the pockets behind the football program being cool with paying a buyout just to hire a guy who has Dino roots.

I would take any one of those names right now
There are most likely 25 if not more potential head coaches that have as good if not better chance to do better than Dino next year.
NFL assistant coaches
OC and DC from top programs
Successful FCS coaches
Older and or

There is absolutely no way they are going to fire Dino, but bring in his OC. They would go total restart...again

Which Cignetti? Frank or Curt?

You don’t fire Dino to hire Lewis. I’ve been saying this since the summer. It will never, ever happen so move on.

Same thing with promoting White. Sure our defense is improved and has kept us in games but still isn’t very good. Better off keeping Dino at that point.

My list would start with: Clawson (make him say no), Chadwell, Moorhead, Tony Elliot, Josh Gattis, Charles Huff, Jim McElwain, Curt Cignetti

Would be absolutely SHOCKED if Marrone is even approached for the job. He pissed a lot of people off when he left.

We never could afford Saban; he was here as an assistant and he wouldn’t come if we could afford him.
We did have Coach Mac who demonstrated that we can win here. We need another type like him with a quicker turn around period than Coach Mac had.

The right one is out there let’s hope the university‘ s search for the right one brings that one to The Hill, when it happens!

He doesn't care and more importantly he most likely isnt able to look at himself in the mirror. Dino has been a job jumper his entire career. He has never built a program. This is new territory for him. Im sure in his mind he is still one step away from Coaching USC.
Delusion is a good shield.
Why continue to assassinate Dino's character? You can hate the on the on field results, but all the other stuff is just unnecessary and childish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom