Wildhack pull the trigger Monday or after the Pitt game?? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack pull the trigger Monday or after the Pitt game??

^ ^ ^
little-mary-sunshine-15jvshvp.pi2.jpg
^ ^ ^

;)
I try to stay positive but am drained, feel a lot like O Extreme.

What has he botched besides the women’s basketball situation? The 44 thing was gross fault. He made the deal with the families.
Lax was a train wreck. And honestly, the Women's BB team situation was a complete disaster. Wildhacks staff was part of that screwup

I also expect to be having this exact same conversation 4-5 years from now about Dino's replacement. If Miami (OH) is the "Cradle of Coaches", then Syracuse is the "Cemetery". Nobody survives. :(

This isn’t directed at you personally but if we believe that, why even follow and devote so much time to following SU FB. I just want to believe we can get a good coach here that can at least make us average most years. I can’t believe we can’t find a coach that can do better than a losing record 5/6 years. If that’s the best we can do, why overpay someone to do that. Just pay someone on the board a few hundred thousand to be a perennial loser. You don’t need to pay more than you ever have to accomplish that.

What’s funny is that many of the pseudo ADs here who know that Dino should be fired are probably the ones who two years ago were screaming “EXTEND THE MAN” and “PAY THE MAN”.
He did need to have his contract extended.
The issue is you should never enter into an agreement that you cant handle the downside.

The administration went all in on Dino which i and most on this board were all for.

Personally i was thrilled as i truly believed that SU had finally found a great coach. One who would energize the program. The problem is the administration didnt plan for the flip side of the buyout. By not having tge resources, or the will to eat the buyout they have boxed themselves by forcing what im sure they thought would be a nice consolation prize in the event Dino decided to take another job.

At this point the program is in a very bad place.
If Dino doesn't win Saturday he is a lame duck coach and the program is dead in the water unless he turns the program around next year which at this point is highly doubtful.

This isn’t directed at you personally but if we believe that, why even follow and devote so much time to following SU FB. I just want to believe we can get a good coach here that can at least make us average most years. I can’t believe we can’t find a coach that can do better than a losing record 5/6 years. If that’s the best we can do, why overpay someone to do that. Just pay someone on the board a few hundred thousand to be a perennial loser. You don’t need to pay more than you ever have to accomplish that.
I really think this university is still in the we are the only horse in town mode. Sure they pay more sure they did the remodel but the lack of any type of growth since p was fired has shown me that they just don’t care. It’s just about a check. They are running a business and the program makes money. When it doesn’t they will find another Bandaid. The remodel is nice but it’s still a spit shine on a turd. We still have crap seating, narrow concourses, cobbled locker rooms,… we have a coach with one winning season in 6 years who thinks he’s playing some secret game of chess with who I don’t know. We are a laughing stock temple esq team being held back by the university. Why spend all this money and stick with the status quo of losing. I don’t care if they need to hire and fire a guy every year until they find someone. I’m done feeling like I have been punched in the stomach after every game. I’m done watching a coach stand and smirk as his rubbish receivers drop balls. I’m done watching a line let every player pound these qbs. I’m done with Dino telling me he is going to put his guys in an oven and watch them grow. You can’t teach talent. This staff is so incompetent they can’t even bring ppl in to run their own offense. It’s laughable and frankly I’m shocked there are still any diehards left. And lastly don’t give me the university didn’t have money to make changes, it’s a laughable concept at best and its just an excuse to accept this crap they march out on the field weekly. This university needs an enema. Clean out the entire ad. Bring in a football first marketing guy, someone who actually gets it. Then let him do what wildhack can’t do. Clean the stench out. Show babers the door and let him count the money he hasn’t earned. Then bring in a guy until we get one that sticks.

The issue is you should never enter into an agreement that you cant handle the downside.

The administration went all in on Dino which i and most on this board were all for.

Personally i was thrilled as i truly believed that SU had finally found a great coach. One who would energize the program. The problem is the administration didnt plan for the flip side of the buyout. By not having tge resources, or the will to eat the buyout they have boxed themselves by forcing what im sure they thought would be a nice consolation prize in the event Dino decided to take another job.

If Dino doesn't win Saturday he is a lame duck coach and the program is dead in the water unless he turns the program around next year which at this point is highly doubtful.
doesnt lame duck coach mean he is only has 1 year left on the contract, which i dont think is accurate as i think he has 2 as it waas reported a 6 yr deal after 2018

Dino vs Pitt

2016 at Pitt 61-76
+ scored 61 points with our backup QB
- gave up 76 points. Trailed by as many as 29.

2017 27-24
+ Led by as many as 11

2018 at Pitt 37-44 OT
- After being up 14 trailed by 10 points at one point. Had two 4th Q leads that we couldn't hold.

2019 20-27
- Game was not as close as the final score. We trailed by 18 at half.

2020 at Pitt 10-21
- Dino quit down 11 and not using any TOs the last 4 mins of the game.

The final scores have been relatively close. Although two of those weren't as close as the final score. I think a 2020 like performance is enough to give me some hope for next year. A 2019 like performance would give me little hope for next season. Personally I would move on but I think SU would definitely keep him. If we play like we did against Louisville or NC State, I do not see how SU can keep him. It certainly won't keep me going to games.

I really think this university is still in the we are the only horse in town mode. Sure they pay more sure they did the remodel but the lack of any type of growth since p was fired has shown me that they just don’t care. It’s just about a check. They are running a business and the program makes money. When it doesn’t they will find another Bandaid. The remodel is nice but it’s still a spit shine on a turd. We still have crap seating, narrow concourses, cobbled locker rooms,… we have a coach with one winning season in 6 years who thinks he’s playing some secret game of chess with who I don’t know. We are a laughing stock temple esq team being held back by the university. Why spend all this money and stick with the status quo of losing. I don’t care if they need to hire and fire a guy every year until they find someone. I’m done feeling like I have been punched in the stomach after every game. I’m done watching a coach stand and smirk as his rubbish receivers drop balls. I’m done watching a line let every player pound these qbs. I’m done with Dino telling me he is going to put his guys in an oven and watch them grow. You can’t teach talent. This staff is so incompetent they can’t even bring ppl in to run their own offense. It’s laughable and frankly I’m shocked there are still any diehards left. And lastly don’t give me the university didn’t have money to make changes, it’s a laughable concept at best and its just an excuse to accept this crap they march out on the field weekly. This university needs an enema. Clean out the entire ad. Bring in a football first marketing guy, someone who actually gets it. Then let him do what wildhack can’t do. Clean the stench out. Show babers the door and let him count the money he hasn’t earned. Then bring in a guy until we get one that sticks.
Great post.
What i find sad is reading the post of many on this board who i know are huge SU fans but seem to have surrendered.

Nobody should be defending Dino at this point.

We are six years deep and he has had one winning season.

His teams are unprepared, undisciplined, and getting blown out before halftime.

His poor decisions have cost the team between 1 and 3 loses.

He is staring at the worst recruiting class during his tenor.

Dino is a failure as a D1 coach. At any other school in the ACC he would be fired.

There is no defending him. Zero reasons other than to save money for him to be brought back.

doesnt lame duck coach mean he is only has 1 year left on the contract, which i dont think is accurate as i think he has 2 as it waas reported a 6 yr deal after 2018
At best it means he is a short term coach with no support from the administration. Dino is in hospice. Its not if just when.

What, exactly, would "planning for the downside" have looked like?

That feels like a really easy thing to say, a virtually impossible thing to do in a world of limited resources. I'd pretty much guarantee your answer will be something that couldn't have been done, or something that no responsible leadership at the university would have signed up for.

Why is there almost zero blame on the WR?
Sure QB play has not been good
People yell for Benson then he drops a few catchable balls
Queeley looked confused or gave up on the route
S Johnson not sure where he’s gone
Alford shows flashes but appears to be playing hurt
We don’t have a true number 1 and at best have a boarder line 2 receiver with a few spare parts we throw out and hope for something

Only chance of this working next year is if we hit the portal hard for major offense overall and yes it’s crazy we can’t get good WR to come here our of high school

I think we can agree that Dino's best work came with someone elses QB recruit. While i think its Silly to think that his job should be decided by a single game this week (Pitt), 6 years in he's 15-34 in conf (likely to be 15-35) with one bowl. And that bowl came becuase of one Mr. Dungey.

If 6 years of past performance is any indicator, it's unlikely Dino will turn it around next season, and we'll simply be looking at another year of 4-5 wins. I say we breathe new life into this thing and move on.

That feels like a really easy thing to say, a virtually impossible thing to do in a world of limited resources. I'd pretty much guarantee your answer will be something that couldn't have been done, or something that no responsible leadership at the university would have signed up for.
Structuring the contract on the back end to give yourself an out. We didn’t do that.

Why is there almost zero blame on the WR?
Sure QB play has not been good
People yell for Benson then he drops a few catchable balls
Queeley looked confused or gave up on the route
S Johnson not sure where he’s gone
Alford shows flashes but appears to be playing hurt
We don’t have a true number 1 and at best have a boarder line 2 receiver with a few spare parts we throw out and hope for something

Only chance of this working next year is if we hit the portal hard for major offense overall and yes it’s crazy we can’t get good WR to come here our of high school
I mean I’ve said routinely that wideout would be a huge issue, and that was with Harris here. We have a team filled with WR3s. I like the potential of Alford.

Planning for the downside is having the money to buyout the contract. Do you normally charge big ticket items without knowing how to pay for them.

Regardless if su wants to make a change and cares about it’s team then 10 million or whatever the buyout isn’t insurmountable even for a private university. There is almost no chance in a turnaround with this staff. Even if a miracle happens next weekend Dino has shown me nothing in 6 years. The fact of the matter is you are what your record is and he has a losing record.

Fire him now but only if we can get moore head. There’s no value in cleaning the slate unless you have the guy you want.

Where is Moorheads family? Hes moved around quite a bit, PSU 2015-2017, Miss 2017-2020, Oregon 2020-Present. I see he's getting a whisper for the Washington job. Does he have a young family? Do they want to move to Central NY?

If that is the case...Saban isn't even safe
Saban isn’t safe. It’s Alabama football. 2 down years and he would be gone. A down year isn’t 5 wins, it’s more like 7 for bama to make a change. If bama played like we do they would have torn down the university and rebuilt it.

Where is Moorheads family? Hes moved around quite a bit, PSU 2015-2017, Miss 2017-2020, Oregon 2020-Present. I see he's getting a whisper for the Washington job. Does he have a young family? Do they want to move to Central NY?
For $6M they’ll move to china

The bigger issue ADJW & Dino will run into if Dino returns from ‘22 is everyone and their mother will know he’s basically a dead man walking.

May be very tough for White, Schmidt, Monroe to stick around if other options present themselves knowing Dino is on his 9th life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom