Wildhack | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack

People make decisions based on many factors. When it comes to recruits picking a school who knows. It could be one of a million things. Something as trivial as a bad flight experience or being in a spat with your girlfriend while your visiting.
I seriously doubt that what is posted on a fan board holds much weight. Not saying it isnt a factor but i seriously doubt it matters much at all.
When it comes to existing players im sure it matters.
Ive spoken to TDs Dad a few times and he came across as a father who really loves his Son. Of course he was going to be defensive and combative with his post. Its his kid.
Heck JB is way worse with his kids.
I get Bees point and im guilty of being a broken record on issues but i seriously doubt what is posted here makes much if any difference in the decision making process of a recruit.

Ive spoken to TDs Dad a few times and he came across as a father who really loves his Son. Of course he was going to be defensive and combative with his post. Its his kid.
If my kid were playing, I'd be the biggest jerk in the world when it came to spinning his performance. I would only see his strengths, I would either overlook his weaknesses or I too would privately (and I emphasize "privately") blame some of it on his surrounding cast. That is natural. It is also true that the parents of successful athletes often live vicariously through their kids and become insufferable in the process. We have friends whose son was a high school AA, was recruited by everyone, played at a P5 school, was told he would end up in the NFL, blew out his knee, and eventually was relegated to special teams. Their other son is a very successful professional, but they rarely talk about him. They talk about the football son as though he ended up 1st team AA and in fact is still lighting it up on the gridiron. He is about 38 years old. So sports parents can get a little squirrelly that way. I totally get it and I would be that guy on hyper-jerk mode if it were me. I'm sure there are a few of you who already feel that way about me. Ha! You haven't seen anything.

What I would NOT do...and where I drew the line with TD's dad...is I would never publicly throw his teammates under the bus. It was even more of a travesty when you consider that the QB is the de-facto team leader, at least on offense. What you ended up with is the father of your "team leader" ripping almost everyone on your unit and publicly blaming both TD's non-self-inflicted problems...as well as his self-inflicted shortcomings...on everyone else. It rendered Dino's whole "la familia" thing a mere marketing slogan.

It is one thing to have those feeling and maybe even express them to friends. It is quite another to continuously do it in a public forum, especially one that is read by your son's teammates, their parents, as well as fans who root for ALL the guys wearing Orange.

I do think Benny can be a lot more consistent as the season wears on. He’s trending in that direction.
Today wasn’t good for him, he wasn’t as close to being as active as he was against Miami. That said, we do zero favors for him on the offensive end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom