Wildhack | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack

If the programs were in good shape the overall temperature on this board would be a LOT better.

Our programs aren’t in good shape.

Parents shouldn’t read this board.
Recruits if they don’t want to come here because of some posters here then goodbye. It means our coaches suck at recruiting.

It is 100% a fact somebody in the AD scours the internet and all sites to get a temperature on the fanbase.
Wildhack isn’t an idiot and let him affect what he thinks but it’s information gathering.

I’m guessing Boeheim playing friends and family to a 7-7 record would affect a recruits decision to go/not to go to Syracuse more than a fan board but what do I know...just my opinion

And yet - we’ve got 5 pretty decent croots signed up to come play here next year, in spite of that.

Also - the “friends and family” band is getting broken up after this season (blessedly) ends,
since Jimmy will have exhausted his eligibility, and Jackson is on record numerous times that this is also his last season.

Cole? I dunno, dude is like 24 already, he might wanna take his PhD and bolt.

Joe will likely be back (and could theoretically play for TWO more seasons), but with no Buddy around, prolly half his minutes come at SG, where he belongs.

If the programs were in good shape the overall temperature on this board would be a LOT better.

Recruits if they don’t want to come here because of some posters here then goodbye. It means our coaches suck at recruiting.

It is 100% a fact somebody in the AD scours the internet and all sites to get a temperature on the fanbase.
Wildhack isn’t an idiot and let him affect what he thinks but it’s information gathering.

I’ve told numerous parents to not read the board, or any social media. Some say they just can’t help themselves.

Wildhack,O Wildhack, When will you bring our blues skies back. Wildhack, O Wildhack, The old Orange mojo is what we lack. Wildhack, O Wildhack, There's work to do, get outta the sack. Wildhack, O Wildhack, Get the job done or it's off to Hackensack...

I responded to a post about who reads and posts here. I added parents and recruits which is a fact. As to what you and others want to make it, again, none of us know how it impacts their thoughts. But it’s a fact it’s not a good look.

I think the broader spirit of the debate is that it's unlikely that neither the parents, recruits or SU brass give any legit credence to what is said here. So, the "fact" that they read it really doesn't matter much, if at all, into their critical thinking trait, etc.

In regards to the "fact" it is not a "good look," that actually is your opinion. I mean, since all/vast majority of fan forums are very parallel in nature, etc., one can conclude it's simply the status quo, and, in contrast to your "not a good look" view? Opining, dang, these guys are extremely passionate about their sports teams, bleeding orange in every way possible, simply desiring and yearning for their team(s) to be successful?

Think Ben (Jimmy Fallon) in the movie 'Fever Pitch': "Clearly it's not just a game! If it was, then obviously I wouldn't care about it this much! Twenty-three years. Do you still care about anything you cared about twenty-three years ago? How about ten? How about five? Name me a single thing that you cared about for twenty-three years."

That kind of passion! :)

As to your sentiment of; what I or others want to make it, speaking for myself, nothing more than that. :)

OK, OK...you got me!! I've been outed. I am John Wildhack. ;)

Little Women S6 GIF by TrueReal
i-am-john-wildhack.jpg

I think the broader spirit of the debate is that it's unlikely that neither the parents, recruits or SU brass give any legit credence to what is said here. So, the "fact" that they read it really doesn't matter much, if at all, into their critical thinking trait, etc.

In regards to the "fact" it is not a "good look," that actually is your opinion. I mean, since all/vast majority of fan forums are very parallel in nature, etc., one can conclude it's simply the status quo, and, in contrast to your "not a good look" view? Opining, dang, these guys are extremely passionate about their sports teams, bleeding orange in every way possible, simply desiring and yearning for their team(s) to be successful?

Think Ben (Jimmy Fallon) in the movie 'Fever Pitch': "Clearly it's not just a game! If it was, then obviously I wouldn't care about it this much! Twenty-three years. Do you still care about anything you cared about twenty-three years ago? How about ten? How about five? Name me a single thing that you cared about for twenty-three years."

That kind of passion! :)

As to your sentiment of; what I or others want to make it, speaking for myself, nothing more than that. :)

SU brass gives little to no credence to it. But you nor I know what a player or parent are thinking and how it impacts them. As to not a good look, that’s not my opinion. That’s a fact from parents I have talked too. It’s also why we recommend to them not to read stuff.

SU brass gives little to no credence to it. But you nor I know what a player or parent are thinking and how it impacts them. As to not a good look, that’s not my opinion. That’s a fact from parents I have talked too. It’s also why we recommend to them not to read stuff.
Forgive me for being pedantic, but, would an opinion of another, in fact, not be a fact but, in fact, be an opinion?

"Not a good look"... so if the kid went to any other program in the P5, is there going to be a "good look"? Maybe at the national champion THAT YEAR - and even then, I'm sure there's a fair number of posts that have called out players, coaches, administrators, etc.

Bottom line is if parents want to have kids in the spotlight and playing big-time sports, they need to understand the unintentional consequences. And that is not me saying it's right to call out student-athletes. That is me saying that it is going to happen, no matter where the kid goes.

To take it a step further, if a student-athlete is playing football and basketball, my assumption is that the goal is the NFL/NBA. If that is truly the goal, then what do they really expect to happen if their child attains the goal?

On one hand, you have those that spew how much parents and recruits read this board and that it may influence their critical decisions in some capacity. And, on other hand, some of those same folks spewing out the other end, how the SU brass, athletic department, powers that be, etc, give .0000001% credence to anything said here relative to such critical decisions. It's really quite the enigma ;)

You think professional executive decision makers responsible for tens of millions of dollars worth of value have the same decision making priorities and skills as random people who won a lottery to have kids with D1 athletic talent??

Forgive me for being pedantic, but, would an opinion of another, in fact, not be a fact but, in fact, be an opinion?

No

Wildhack’s handle is known.
It was something along the lines of JWILD44.
It wasn’t hard to figure it was him.

@JWILD44 please confirm.

If what's posted on this site is a bad look to parents of recruits/players, then what they see on Twitter must make them curl up in the fetal position and never leave the house. SyracuseFan.com is like a warm, sunny day compared to the unrelenting sh!tstorm of that cesspool.

Criticism goes along with the territory of being a big time Athlete pro or college. If it bothers them.that much don't listen to sports talk radio go on social media or internet forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom