Wildhack | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack

People are absolutely smoking dope if they think anybody in a decision making capacity would spend one second here for anything other than morbid entertainment.

Recruits and parents? Absolutely. It makes me wonder how much damage is done to the program when people see how much self loathing vitriol is a core value of the Syracuse fan base.
Round 2 at this.
This message board has zero effect on recruiting and if it does then I don’t want any player that would base their athletic future on 1-5% of Syracuse fanbase.

Self loathing vitriol?
How about sick of the status quo being accepted.
Our football program has had 3 bowl seasons in the last 10 years.
It’s amazing that fans still give the program the support it does. That isn’t self loathing vitriol. That is fans wanting a decent program.

Basketball has been broken because part of this fanbase thinks the HC is bigger than the program. Legitimate criticism gets you labeled a hater. That isn’t self loathing vitriol. I am sorry if a portion of this fanbase are just a bunch of disloyal idiots for wanting hope and change. If the issues can be debated in depth. I could do it and do it well without anything but legitimate opinion and facts to back it up.

That isn’t self loathing vitriol.

People are absolutely smoking dope if they think anybody in a decision making capacity would spend one second here for anything other than morbid entertainment.

Recruits and parents? Absolutely. It makes me wonder how much damage is done to the program when people see how much self loathing vitriol is a core value of the Syracuse fan base.

On one hand, you have those that spew how much parents and recruits read this board and that it may influence their critical decisions in some capacity. And, on other hand, some of those same folks spewing out the other end, how the SU brass, athletic department, powers that be, etc, give .0000001% credence to anything said here relative to such critical decisions. It's really quite the enigma ;)

Round 2 at this.
This message board has zero effect on recruiting and if it does then I don’t want any player that would base their athletic future on 1-5% of Syracuse fanbase.

Self loathing vitriol?
How about sick of the status quo being accepted.
Our football program has had 3 bowl seasons in the last 10 years.
It’s amazing that fans still give the program the support it does. That isn’t self loathing vitriol. That is fans wanting a decent program.

Basketball has been broken because part of this fanbase thinks the HC is bigger than the program. Legitimate criticism gets you labeled a hater. That isn’t self loathing vitriol. I am sorry if a portion of this fanbase are just a bunch of disloyal idiots for wanting hope and change. If the issues can be debated in depth. I could do it and do it well without anything but legitimate opinion and facts to back it up.

That isn’t self loathing vitriol.
Spot on, Kentucky kills it in recruiting, if anyone thinks this board is that bad, and I don't, check out their board.

obviously we the fans are biased and desperately want the program to excel. That voice has gotten stronger over the last few years.

I doubt recruits and their parents would be affected by the fan talk on this board one way or another, every fan board at every school will have this same feel, whether it's Rutgers or Duke.

I mean, all they have to do is to look at a few of JB's pressers and that's would do more to raise their eyebrows then the fan talk here.

obviously we the fans are biased and desperately want the program to excel. That voice has gotten stronger over the last few years.

I doubt recruits and their parents would be affected by the fan talk on this board one way or another, every fan board at every school will have this same feel, whether it's Rutgers or Duke.

I mean, all they have to do is to look at a few of JB's pressers and that's would do more to raise their eyebrows then the fan talk here.

Nobody in this thread said recruits make their decisions based on this board or any social media. But the fact is, some recruits and their parents do read this board and other social media. What if I told you a parent whose kid did go here knew by handle who they thought were aholes? That’s pretty sad, I don’t care what school it is.

Not you, but I also think it’s cute some people think they know if and who reads the board from SU.

If I were the AD, I would check out this board. Just to read what the core fanbase is thinking. I wouldn't put a ton of weight in to it, but I would surely use it as a tool to understand what the fanbase wants.

Does anyone read social media posts/reviews about the company they work for?

I know I do. A lot of the time it's garbage, but at least I know where we need to improve from a customer standpoint.

And we as fans are customers.

Nobody in this thread said recruits make their decisions based on this board or any social media. But the fact is, some recruits and their parents do read this board and other social media. What if I told you a parent whose kid did go here knew by handle who they thought were aholes? That’s pretty sad, I don’t care what school it is.

Not you, but I also think it’s cute some people think they know if and who reads the board from SU.

Interesting. So, for argument sake, if indeed recruits don't make their decisions to come to SU based upon this board, or any social media, and, the SU powers that be don't either, what does it truly matter then? Why the fuss? Perhaps, they know it's a fan forum, and most (if not all) fan forums act relatively in a similar manner and is foremost entertainment, etc.

Actually, from my experience, if there are differences relative to the vast majority of fan forums, it's in the way in which the administrators chose to moderate, censor, etc.

I would say please say hello to Mr. Devito and send our regards.

It’s pretty obvious what Wildhack has to do here. I’ve been saying for a few years now JB needs to step down, etc…love JB for what he has done for this program but you have to know when it’s your time. Problem is JB is arrogant and stubborn and believes he has the right to step down whenever he wants. To a degree he has earned that but not one person is above the program or athletic department and it’s to the point where JB is forcing Wildhack’s hand.

Before 2015 look at where we were as a program. Bringing in stud players, NBA producing machine, top 10/15 program perennially, competing for 1-3 seeds in the NCAA tourney, 30k attendance, etc…at some point this coaching staff and program became okay with being a constant bubble team and being okay with unexpected NCAA tourney runs. Boeheim says “it doesn’t matter what we do in the regular season it matters what we do in the postseason” and that a good season is determined by your postseason. Sooooo why can’t we have a good regular season and post season? Isn’t that the expectation for elite programs and where we were before 2015?

Let’s be honest, since 2015 for the most part we have had average teams, and I’d say we have a below average coaching staff right now. Wildhack has to make a move this off season because this program is trending downwards we are currently in territory where we have not been since the 60’s…..the 60’s…the freaking 60’s. And we as a fan base are suppose to be okay with that? Boeheim is losing the fan base, losing some former players and his results have been bad for the last 5-8 years…Wildhack has to know that…

My last point. If JB retired in 2016/2017 or whatever like he said he was going too…do you think the new coach would still be around if these were the results he was giving us since 2017? We are a .500 team right now and that coach would be on the hot seat at best
He’s either earned the right or he hasn’t. It’s one of the few circumstances we’re nuance doesn’t apply. Anyone who says JB’s earned the right to leave on his own terms and follows it with a “but” doesn’t actually believe he’s earned the right. So just say that.

This is like the voice over for the trailer to the worst 30 for 30 in the history of the world.

There have been thousands of parents of Syracuse athletes, specific to football and basketball. With that big of a quantity you can always peel off a single example to try to prove a point. But what is actually sad is that is definitely not the norm, but you have no issue using it to push your feelings on this.

This is like the voice over for the trailer to the worst 30 for 30 in the history of the world.

There have been thousands of parents of Syracuse athletes, specific to football and basketball. With that big of a quantity you can always peel off a single example to try to prove a point. But what is actually sad is that is definitely not the norm, but you have no issue using it to push your feelings on this.
I am sure Trevor Cooney’s parents having to read this board strike to deep to that poster.
And I am serious. One thing I will respect towards that moderator is he is being genuine with concern for those parents of that player.

With that said our fanbase is not even close to being the reason we lose a lot of recruits.

Currently playing players parents probably have it worse than recruits.

Interesting. So, for argument sake, if indeed recruits don't make their decisions to come to SU based upon this board, or any social media, and, the SU powers that be don't either, what does it truly matter then? Why the fuss? Perhaps, they know it's a fan forum, and most (if not all) fan forums act relatively in a similar manner and is foremost entertainment, etc.

Actually, from my experience, if there are differences relative to the vast majority of fan forums, it's in the way in which the administrators chose to moderate, censor, etc.

Who said if indeed they don’t. Nobody knows.

I’m guessing Boeheim playing friends and family to a 7-7 record would affect a recruits decision to go/not to go to Syracuse more than a fan board but what do I know...just my opinion

Arguing something nobody said?

Bad guess. Never spoke to the guy.

No I do not have an issue pushing that some here don’t know how to differentiate between trashing and critiquing. And no, I’m not talking about you.

Not singling him out but its a two way street, I have seen parents and friends of players post a lot of junk about us and coaches on social media.

Arguing something nobody said?
“Recruits and parents? Absolutely. It makes me wonder how much damage is done to the program when people see how much self loathing vitriol is a core value of the Syracuse fan base.”

recruits and parents. How would it affect the program in regards recruits and parents other than them not coming here.

please spin away

Is this true? I thought it was cuserunner, because he wanted others to call in to the JB show and ask his questions.

First sentence yes, second no obviously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom