Wildhack | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack

“Recruits and parents? Absolutely. It makes me wonder how much damage is done to the program when people see how much self loathing vitriol is a core value of the Syracuse fan base.”

recruits and parents. How would it affect the program in regards recruits and parents other than them not coming here.

please spin away
He shouldn’t have said recruits.
It should have been parents of current players.

I agree it would be rough for some parents to read this board at times.
I don’t think parents of recruits would use this board as a reason to decide their kids or own athletic future.

“Recruits and parents? Absolutely. It makes me wonder how much damage is done to the program when people see how much self loathing vitriol is a core value of the Syracuse fan base.”

recruits and parents. How would it affect the program in regards recruits and parents other than them not coming here.

please spin away

LOL. I didn’t even respond to that post. I responded to one talking about who reads or posts on the board. Nice try though.

please spin away
Self loathing goes on in every fanbase, There are Alabama fans that have called for Saban to be fired after a loss.

OK, OK...you got me!! I've been outed. I am John Wildhack. ;)

Little Women S6 GIF by TrueReal

LOL. I didn’t even respond to that post. I responded to one talking about who reads or posts on the board. Nice try though.
Yikes...You’ve lost it, man.

My initial post literally didn’t reference you at all.
it wasn’t in response to your post. This is all in your head.

Sure...any board, any program
I don’t disagree with you. It’s personal for him and I don’t hesitate to go back at him but I think some parents reading stuff is hard when you know the peopl.

I don’t think our fanbase is hurting recruiting though. Go read Tiger-droppings. They are nuts.

Playing basketball or football at a P5 school makes you a public figure. It just does. People are going to talk about you, good and bad. I'm not saying that means players should be subjected to vile personal attacks, they clearly shouldn't, and our mods do a great job on that stuff. But criticism of performance is fair game. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Sure...any board, any program

Go to Twitter or Facebook and see when any program posts results of a loss and look at the comments.

We're just doing our part in the larger universe.

You want to be part of big time sports, well it comes with the territory. It's like they said in Wreck It Ralph 2, you never read the comments!

He shouldn’t have said recruits.
It should have been parents of current players.

I agree it would be rough for some parents to read this board at times.
I don’t think parents of recruits would use this board as a reason to decide their kids or own athletic future.

You guys keep trying to say we lose recruits. Nobody in this thread said that so you’re just trying to spin it to support some weird argument.

Yikes...You’ve lost it, man.

My initial post literally didn’t reference you at all.
it wasn’t in response to your post. This is all in your head.

Lol again. You’re the one that said soon away in your attempt to put words in peoples mouths.

I don’t disagree with you. It’s personal for him and I don’t hesitate to go back at him but I think some parents reading stuff is hard when you know the peopl.

I don’t think our fanbase is hurting recruiting though. Go read Tiger-droppings. They are nuts.
No kidding. Every SEC board and almost every other P5 football board is wayyyyyyyyyyy worse on a daily basis. The people that pretend our board is bad and going to cost us recruits/players are in a safe little bubble of ignorance. My wife is an Aggie and the things that go on over there on a good day are worse than ours on the worst day. Sure seems to be costing them a lot of players.

Self loathing goes on in every fanbase, There are Alabama fans that have called for Saban to be fired after a loss.

And there’s about 500 posts here saying JB should retire or be let go. Not even the type of posts I’m talking about.

No kidding. Every SEC board and almost every other P5 football board is wayyyyyyyyyyy worse on a daily basis. The people that pretend our board is bad and going to cost us recruits/players are in a safe little bubble of ignorance. My wife is an Aggie and the things that go on over there on a good day are worse than ours on the worst day.

Another one saying this board is costing us recruits. I don’t know and neither do you and nobody said that here. Some of you don’t even know how to respond without making something it wasn’t. And the big difference between this board and many other social media that people forget, this is not a public board. It’s a private board. Anything and everything doesn’t go.

Reactions: cto
I’m saying this all sincerity. I have no idea what you are talking about. I think it’s best I just put you on ignore and we can both go from there.

You need to scroll up. You responded to me.

Post in thread 'Wildhack'
Wildhack

Another one saying this board is costing us recruits. I don’t know and neither do you and nobody said that here. Some of you don’t even know how to respond without making something it wasn’t. And the big difference between this board and many other social media that people forget, this is kit a public board. It’s a private board. Anything and everything doesn’t go.

Are you truly being honest with yourself here? I mean, you're hanging your hat on "nobody" said that here. Perhaps, that's true, verbatim. However, what do you honestly believe is being 'implied' when you and/or other folks specifically spew that parents, recruits, etc. read this board?

Are you truly being honest with yourself here? I mean, you're hanging your hat on "nobody" said that here. Perhaps, that's true, verbatim, however, what do you honestly believe is being 'implied' when you and/or other folks specifically spew that parents, recruits, etc. read this board?
EXACTLY.

Another one saying this board is costing us recruits. I don’t know and neither do you and nobody said that here. Some of you don’t even know how to respond without making something it wasn’t. And the big difference between this board and many other social media that people forget, this is kit a public board. It’s a private board. Anything and everything doesn’t go.
I can play that game too. I used the phrase "going to" not did.

and it's 1, 2, 3, what're we fighting for?
don't ask me, I don't give a damn

Are you truly being honest with yourself here? I mean, you're hanging your hat on "nobody" said that here. Perhaps, that's true, verbatim. However, what do you honestly believe is being 'implied' when you and/or other folks specifically spew that parents, recruits, etc. read this board?

I responded to a post about who reads and posts here. I added parents and recruits which is a fact. As to what you and others want to make it, again, none of us know how it impacts their thoughts. But it’s a fact it’s not a good look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom