Will Covid force Notre Dame to join ACC as a full member? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Will Covid force Notre Dame to join ACC as a full member?

ND playing Clemson is huge for the ACC. If there are no CCGs you might have 5 P5 undefeateds. No chance Clemson gets in just beating ACC cupcakes. Didn't know they were scheduled to meet.

Undefeated Clemson could also easily be left out for a strong 1 loss team from the SEC who played a gauntlet of good teams.

Considering how much the rest of the conference sucks I'd maybe accommodate Clemson specifically with their 8 scheduled games and let them play 2 vs ND and SCe.

ND playing Clemson is huge for the ACC. If there are no CCGs you might have 5 P5 undefeateds. No chance Clemson gets in just beating ACC cupcakes. Didn't know they were scheduled to meet.

Undefeated Clemson could also easily be left out for a strong 1 loss team from the SEC who played a gauntlet of good teams.

Considering how much the rest of the conference sucks I'd maybe accommodate Clemson specifically with their 8 scheduled games and let them play 2 vs ND and SCe.
Clemson played 1 ranked team last year and still was third in the playoff last year.
The committee knows they are legit if they are undefeated they are making the CFB.
The weak schedule just doesn’t allow them to lose a game they shouldn’t.

Having to play Notre Dame on the road in November is a tough spot for them. The conference should be looking out for Clemson as they carry the football banner till the coastal and FSU get their chit together.

I don’t want ND in ACC for football unless they want in.

"The University of Miami (FL) will lose their contest against Michigan State and according to their athletic director, would be plenty excited to replace the Spartans with Notre Dame.

“If the opportunity for a match up with ND is presented, we would be thrilled to have that game added to our 2020 schedule.” Blake James – University of Miami Athletic Director to the Miami Herald."

It would be hilarious if Notre Dame had to play at Syracuse this year when no fans would be allowed.
Stanford at Notre Dame October 10th was cancelled by the PAC-12 last week.
2 ACC teams have bye on October 10th the rest have conference games.

Virginia and Syracuse it’s likely one of them replace Stanford. If we have to
play at ND next year we better get something.
UVa is scheduled to host ND in 2021. (There's been an unsaid prod that if you want to see them next year, buy season tickets this year.) I've seen about an equal number of speculative items that the game could get moved up to this season to give ND another game or that having it scheduled for next year puts us out of the running.

UVa is scheduled to host ND in 2021. (There's been an unsaid prod that if you want to see them next year, buy season tickets this year.) I've seen about an equal number of speculative items that the game could get moved up to this season to give ND another game or that having it scheduled for next year puts us out of the running.
Since you guys are losing your Georgia game in Atlanta by all means take the slot against Notre Dame in October.

Since you guys are losing your Georgia game in Atlanta by all means take the slot against Notre Dame in October.
I'm in the "willing to help out ND" camp, so I'd have no problem if they did that. The disappointing thing, though, is that we'd probably lose a game with over 50K in our stadium (assuming a loosening of restrictions in 2021).

I'm in the "willing to help out ND" camp, so I'd have no problem if they did that. The disappointing thing, though, is that we'd probably lose a game with over 50K in our stadium (assuming a loosening of restrictions in 2021).
I don’t expect anyone to think what I do on the subject as it’s all subjective.
I believe the football conference should take care of football members.

Notre Dame isn’t a football member let their athletic department take care of its football problem.

Notre Dame isn’t going to do the ACC any favors without it being put on paper.

Thus my mindset is don’t help the parasite anymore. You are in or out by choice and if you are out then you live with the consequences.

Swofford is showing how the ACC leadership is basically the old Big East without more hybrid members. So while I defend on how some stuff I think Swofford is showing how weak the conference is and that the long game with the Big XII-ACC fight for the last of the Big 4 isn’t as one sided as perception.

Notre Dame isn’t a football member let their athletic department take care of its football problem.

Thus my mindset is don’t help the parasite anymore. You are in or out by choice and if you are out then you live with the consequences.

Swofford is showing how the ACC leadership is basically the old Big East without more hybrid members. So while I defend on how some stuff I think Swofford is showing how weak the conference is and that the long game with the Big XII-ACC fight for the last of the Big 4 isn’t as one sided as perception.
I would be really mad if we end up playing ND in an empty dome this season. We have waited for 17 years for ND to come back, have played there twice and in the NYC area 3 times and no game at the dome.

No issues if this game is not counted as a home game in the ND rotation. We have already been skipped twice in my mind. No more.

I would be really mad if we end up playing ND in an empty dome this season. We have waited for 17 years for ND to come back, have played there twice and in the NYC area 3 times and no game at the dome.

No issues if this game is not counted as a home game in the ND rotation. We have already been skipped twice in my mind. No more.

Yeah, good point -- this is the year to play AT Notre Dame! ;)

again, when the big dogs leave the ncaa, they are going to negotiate their own tv contracts.

conferences will go back to being regional.

The Super College Football League will add up all the P5 $$, all the G5 $$ and figure out how to distribute it.

Alabama, Florida, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio St, Michigan and Wisconsin etc are the dogs, the conferences are the tails.

ND is the shlit on left on your elderly neighbors yard.

they will take whatever is offered to them for inclusion.

again, when the big dogs leave the ncaa, they are going to negotiate their own tv contracts.

conferences will go back to being regional.

The Super College Football League will add up all the P5 $$, all the G5 $$ and figure out how to distribute it.

Alabama, Florida, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio St, Michigan and Wisconsin etc are the dogs, the conferences are the tails.

ND is the shlit on left on your elderly neighbors yard.

they will take whatever is offered to them for inclusion.
Would Microsoft have split up if the DOJ didn’t sue them for anti-trust violations in the 1990s?

Are Amazon/Google/Apple going to split up on their own?

No:

The SEC and Big Ten are not going to get smaller.
The PAC-12 is safe due to location.

The ACC and Big XII are the ones fighting for the last seat.

As long as UNC remains happy and Clemson and Florida State gets their needs pacified the ACC is safe.
The Big XII is being held up by Texas.
Oklahoma has value but not enough to take Oklahoma State as well according to the PAC-12.
Kansas has value.
West Virginia has value.

Iowa State, Baylor, Texas Tech, Kansas State are fillers with not much value but they are in the P5 for now.

The ACC has more schools with value than the Big XII.

Notre Dame will eventually join the Big Ten or ACC. However power conferences are not going to get smaller. Too much money would be lost from TV.

Alabama loves their schedule they play 3 tomato cans at home, one big time neutral site game then at least 7 of 8 conference games within driving distance from their campus. They wouldn’t want to be independent.

The only school that is semi interested in being like Notre Dame is Texas. However because they get to keep their Longhorn Network money they are happy with their current situation.

Would Microsoft have split up if the DOJ didn’t sue them for anti-trust violations in the 1990s?

Are Amazon/Google/Apple going to split up on their own?

No:

The SEC and Big Ten are not going to get smaller.
The PAC-12 is safe due to location.

The ACC and Big XII are the ones fighting for the last seat.

As long as UNC remains happy and Clemson and Florida State gets their needs pacified the ACC is safe.
The Big XII is being held up by Texas.
Oklahoma has value but not enough to take Oklahoma State as well according to the PAC-12.
Kansas has value.
West Virginia has value.

Iowa State, Baylor, Texas Tech, Kansas State are fillers with not much value but they are in the P5 for now.

The ACC has more schools with value than the Big XII.

they are the NFL's minor league, its time to really get paid like it and dictate who can play.

Notre Dame will eventually join the Big Ten or ACC. However power conferences are not going to get smaller. Too much money would be lost from TV.

Alabama loves their schedule they play 3 tomato cans at home, one big time neutral site game then at least 7 of 8 conference games within driving distance from their campus. They wouldn’t want to be independent.

The only school that is semi interested in being like Notre Dame is Texas. However because they get to keep their Longhorn Network money they are happy with their current situation.
if there was a guy other than jobs who created the iphone/ipad etc, then he would leave apple and do it himself.

Texas doesnt need the big 12.

ohio st and michigan dont need the b1g.

fsu & clemson dont need the acc.

bama, florida, georgia??? they dont need any affliation either.

you are thinking too small.

these programs are the NFL's minor league, its time they get paid like it.

the invites to their party will be much coveted...

if there was a guy other than jobs who created the iphone/ipad etc, then he would leave apple and do it himself.

Texas doesnt need the big 12.

ohio st and michigan dont need the big.

fsu & clemson dont need the acc.

bama, florida, georgia??? they dont need any affliation either.

you are thinking too small.
They make a lot of money right now in the Big Ten and SEC. They aren’t going to get smaller. They won’t make as much. Each state brings cable boxes and network money from those states.

They make a lot of money right now in the Big Ten and SEC. They aren’t going to get smaller. They won’t make as much. Each state brings cable boxes and network money from those states.
nd has proven for years they could make more.

conferences are so 20th and early 21st century...

nd has proven for years they could make more.

conferences are so 20th and early 21st century...
ND is one of the few schools that can do it and they had to make a deal with the ACC to continue their independence.

They gave up full independence and have 5 of their 12 games scheduled for them.

Notre Dame will be forced into the Big Ten or ACC eventually.
Alabama doesn’t want to do what Notre Dame does.
They like playing Arkansas, LSU, Auburn, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Tennessee and one other SEC East school year each year.
It’s easy travel and they have a history with them.

Same for Michigan/Ohio State with Purdue, Minnesota, Northwestern types.

ND is one of the few schools that can do it and they had to make a deal with the ACC to continue their independence.

They gave up full independence and have 5 of their 12 games scheduled for them.

Notre Dame will be forced into the Big Ten or ACC eventually.
Alabama doesn’t want to do what Notre Dame does.
They like playing Arkansas, LSU, Auburn, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Tennessee and one other SEC East school year each year.
It’s easy travel and they have a history with them.

Same for Michigan/Ohio State with Purdue, Minnesota, Northwestern types.
youre still not getting it.

when the power schools leave the NCAA, all bets are off.

the conferences as you know it, will no longer be necessary.

everyone will want equal $$ or the real cream of the crop will want more than the bottom feeders.

the only way to do this is to eliminate any conf affiliation.

go 8x9 or 9x9 and as a group, negotiate with everyone like the NFL does.

they could even do A,B,C & D tiers for $$.

let B-D jockey for payouts.

youre still not getting it.

when the power schools leave the NCAA, all bets are off.

the conferences as you know it, will no longer be necessary.

everyone will want equal $$ or the real cream of the crop will want more than the bottom feeders.

the only way to do this is to eliminate any conf affiliation.

go 8x9 or 9x9 and as a group, negotiate with everyone like the NFL does.

they could even do A,B,C & D tiers for $$.

let B-D jockey for payouts.
I love ya Kaiser but this is just not going to happen.
These conferences have so much equity put into their conference networks the SEC, Big Ten, and ACC they aren’t going to do what you are saying.

I love ya Kaiser but this is just not going to happen.
These conferences have so much equity put into their conference networks the SEC, Big Ten, and ACC they aren’t going to do what you are saying.
they should.''

my plan is better.

we will see.

Well, FWIW, I'm 100% in your camp on your thinking. If hypocrisy was a statue, it would be the institution that epitomizes it like no other, Notre Dame. This view coming from a 100% Italian who was born & raised Roman Catholic, as well as having family members that basically worship it.

Kaiser, I see your point. But Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State are printing money, recruiting who they want, and are basically penciled into the playoff every year. Sure, a year or two out of five they may not make it...but why on Earth would they want to change? They are running the show now.

Change may be inevitable, but I would be surprised if anything like what you are saying comes along in the next five, maybe ten years. Stanford just dropped Olympic sports. FSU is in financial trouble (cutting costs). In the middle of the Corona Hurricane, these schools aren't going to throw the oars overboard and rock the boat even more.

Regarding Notre Dame... I never understood why so many let their supposed 'special status' cause such rancour. I've met about two dozen ND grads in my lifetime and all are really nice people. Sure, there are a bunch of nut job fans out there but, oh well, I feel the ND nut jobs are less nuttier than the UPS, TX, and Michigan (and, for whatever reason, the UConn nutjobs).

If my neighbor's garden dries up but mine flourishes, why should I not offer some tomatoes? Even if his dog comes over and does his business in it from time to time. Guess from which plant your tomatoes are coming? I think that the ACC/ND deal is a win-win. I think that the private institutions should stick together...the Syracuses, Pitts, BCs, UVas, VTs, WFs, GTs that would be left behind. If it means riding in the draft of ND, so be it. Is it perfect? Find me something that is. But I think that both sides are satisfied with what each is getting out of the deal.

Regarding Notre Dame... I never understood why so many let their supposed 'special status' cause such rancour. I've met about two dozen ND grads in my lifetime and all are really nice people. Sure, there are a bunch of nut job fans out there but, oh well, I feel the ND nut jobs are less nuttier than the UPS, TX, and Michigan (and, for whatever reason, the UConn nutjobs).

If my neighbor's garden dries up but mine flourishes, why should I not offer some tomatoes? Even if his dog comes over and does his business in it from time to time. Guess from which plant your tomatoes are coming? I think that the ACC/ND deal is a win-win. I think that the private institutions should stick together...the Syracuses, Pitts, BCs, UVas, VTs, WFs, GTs that would be left behind. If it means riding in the draft of ND, so be it. Is it perfect? Find me something that is. But I think that both sides are satisfied with what each is getting out of the deal.
Before I give an answer and I wanted to put the Walter White say my name gif are you a Syracuse fan? So I know what to say in response.

I like Syracuse but they aren't my 'main squeeze'. Neither is ND, so feel free. I won't be offended. It is a Syracuse board, after all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom