Will JB ever make it to an ACC game? | Syracusefan.com

Will JB ever make it to an ACC game?

netman99

Scout Team
I know the consensus is that SU had to make a move for football. However the ACC is not inviting SU or Pitt for football. The ACC expansion a few years ago has not panned out and the expansion has HURT their basketball mojo big time. Obviously since the mergers a few years ago the Big East has surpassed the ACC in all facits of basketball. The bball attendance for almost all ACC schools. even Duke, has declined. The ACC is going after SU and Pitt to help basketball not football. SU and Pitt are helping bail the ACC out. Dumb move.

This is a reactionary move by the ACC. I think it is the wrong move for SU. ACC football will still be second class.

So what does the future look like? In my opinion,
- ACC basketball will improve some
- ACC football will remain mediocre
- Big East will replace SU and Pitt with equally mediocre football teams
- Big East will remain the premiere college basketball conferance, may even add Kansas and be better
- And SU will be 2012 version of Boston College.. How many BC fans are wishing they stayed in the Big East?
- Finally, I think JB will pack it in before SU steps on an ACC court. I don't think he approved this move. I doubt he was even consulted.

ACC football is always going to be second class compared to the B10 and SEC. There simply where no teams out there that they could have reasonably gotten. They did the best they could and in the process really improved the basketball side.

JB shouldn't be consulted. This is about the future of Syracuse sports. JB will be here another couple years.

JB shouldn't be consulted. This is about the future of Syracuse sports. JB will be here another couple years.
Maybe he should be consulted because of his knowledge and out of respect.

JB was against going in to the Big east in the first place. He was also against playing in the Carrier Dome.Terrific basketball coach. Visionary, not so much.

JB was against going in to the Big east in the first place. He was also against playing in the Carrier Dome.Terrific basketball coach. Visionary, not so much.

^^^This^^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom