Will there be a season?

• Yes. We'll have a full season.

Votes: 18 7.4%
  • No. Moving on to Spring.

Votes: 154 63.6%
  • Yes, But it will be cut short.

Votes: 70 28.9%

• Total voters
Pac 12 player boycott/demands picking up steam? (they'll cancel for this alone)

oh good. First, the article say's it's being organized by Cal Berkeley players - eye roll.

What the players are looking for:

1. 50/50 Revenue Share – this is something that may be impossible to get with the current circumstances, but may be something to discuss as a future possibility. Maybe the Pac-12 could accelerate the sponsorship (using players name and likeness) opportunity they have been discussing as an alternate to this proposal. Let them make money off of their name and likeness already!
  2. Six years insurance upon graduation – We can see this being doable.
  3. Better Covid-19 testing and protocols – This is a must. Maybe since the Pac-12 hasn’t cancelled the season yet, the players will want the conference to better protect them and not just assume they players won’t have a voice. They need a voice in their own safety, health and wellbeing. The push to make money to save sports lies on the backs of these football players who will be risking their health to save the school. In the desperation, their best interests may not be a the top of the list.

Good luck to them. Here's what happens when you make demands and sit things out. You're simply let go.

NYS travel ban is up to 31 states. I understand that they've put rules in place, but why not just include everyone at this point.

I hope Cuomo has at least apologized to Rhode Island by now.

I don't see how SU is going to make it work outside of online for the fall semester.

NYS travel ban is up to 31 states. I understand that they've put rules in place, but why not just include everyone at this point.

I don't see how SU is going to make it work outside of online for the fall semester.
Yes. I thought the email a couple days ago was from 21? states... Either way, that was 2000 students from "hot" states that will have to find a place, other than their dorm, to quarantine for 14 days in Cuse.

Yes. I thought the email a couple days ago was from 21? states... Either way, that was 2000 students from "hot" states that will have to find a place, other than their dorm, to quarantine for 14 days in Cuse.

Congratulations to Minnesota. About time they did something right.

Virginia? Outside of VA Beach there isn't much to report.

I posted a similar thread about 2 months ago -- I'm not sure where that went.

In any event, a lot of people have changed their tune.

Hope it happens but it's looking less and less likely. Best chance is for a spring season.

Congratulations to Minnesota. About time they did something right.
So the 2000 students that need to find a quarantine location, now have a bunch more with the same problem.

So the 2000 students that need to find a quarantine location, now have a bunch more with the same problem.
I’m sure they can find some place in NY to quarantine...

1595425322668.jpeg

oh good. First, the article say's it's being organized by Cal Berkeley players - eye roll.

What the players are looking for:

1. 50/50 Revenue Share – this is something that may be impossible to get with the current circumstances, but may be something to discuss as a future possibility. Maybe the Pac-12 could accelerate the sponsorship (using players name and likeness) opportunity they have been discussing as an alternate to this proposal. Let them make money off of their name and likeness already!
  2. Six years insurance upon graduation – We can see this being doable.
  3. Better Covid-19 testing and protocols – This is a must. Maybe since the Pac-12 hasn’t cancelled the season yet, the players will want the conference to better protect them and not just assume they players won’t have a voice. They need a voice in their own safety, health and wellbeing. The push to make money to save sports lies on the backs of these football players who will be risking their health to save the school. In the desperation, their best interests may not be a the top of the list.

Good luck to them. Here's what happens when you make demands and sit things out. You're simply let go.
On the radio show I heard discussing this, it was noted that the Pac12 lost over 6 million last year.

I heard some teams are strongly in favor of a boycott. Others are split and some are strongly against it.

The timing is not great.

State ordinances may take the decision out of the NCAAs hands.

College students supposed to quarantine upon arrival? How? Where?!?

College students supposed to quarantine upon arrival? How? Where?!?

maybe. There’s the possibility of a waiver coming for college students if they’re tested on arrival.

Pete Thamel gets off writing negative stories.
He just wants clicks and that is fhe worst form of writing.

We get your opinion Pete just say please click on my stories.

Fall college football is likely doomed but it’s in the red zone and they are on defense. Still writing aricles that the 2021 season could be in jeopardy as well is just fear mongering. People need realism in their reporting.

My biggest concern is the same as it has been on a societal level in a number of areas. We keep nudging the goalposts in such a way that we are always in a fire drill. We are always a very short time from a benchmark that we are likely to miss which will necessitate moving something else.

I really wish the FBS would just commit to Spring football now. Everything happens as it typically would just, obviously, later. And there is a far better chance fans are allowed in, and a far better chance fans that would be allowed in will be safer. And if that doesnt change, then its a lateral move at worst.

first you have to figure out how many kids never left or live in the area. its probably 20-30%. Most schools Fr will be isolated in many cases with more singles than ever.

I dont quite understand if they are tested before they come and tested after they get here why quarantining is added as a step.. it makes sense for people who are not getting tested but kids are in many cases so there is no value once the test results are here beyond the few days of waitting in results.

My biggest concern is the same as it has been on a societal level in a number of areas. We keep nudging the goalposts in such a way that we are always in a fire drill. We are always a very short time from a benchmark that we are likely to miss which will necessitate moving something else.

I really wish the FBS would just commit to Spring football now. Everything happens as it typically would just, obviously, later. And there is a far better chance fans are allowed in, and a far better chance fans that would be allowed in will be safer. And if that doesnt change, then its a lateral move at worst.
For the logistics alone, Spring football would be interesting. I'm not just talking about SU bball/fball/lax field transitions; I'd be intrigued to see how some schools that actually have nastier winters than Syracuse (i.e. Minnesota, Wisconsin) deal with home games. Obviously we are good to go with our impenetrable winter fortress.

With a possible "vaccine" by the end of year, and a decent amount of availability in Q1? Spring football is the pandemic call.

With so many players expecting to bail in a spring season? Fall is the football call. Spring-Too many games in a year, large # of players wont play.

I shall remain hopeful for Fall, but I think the virus wins this one... My best case is we get a handful of fall games, and finish up in spring.

no fans, no bowl games(except for playoff games), incredibly high risk. they need to move the season to the spring, where nothing is guaranteed by any stretch of the imagination but at least there is some chance that some new normal can make it a better and safer season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom