Will Tucker play in our bowl game? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Will Tucker play in our bowl game?

Will Tucker play in our bowl game, or opt out?

• Yes he will play

Votes: 98 46.7%
  • No he will not play

Votes: 112 53.3%

• Total voters
Yeah, I'm that guy who lets facts define my agenda, and not vice versa.
You’re saying that Tucker didn’t give maximum effort this season; setting aside how uncharitable that is to say, there’s no way you could know that to state it as if it’s a fact.

On top of that, it’s virtually common knowledge that either he was hurt (my personal opinion) or not being utilized to the best of his abilities.

No one here is going to take you seriously when you say stuff like you’re saying. This isn’t a Facebook comment section or something.

There kind of different
Yeah, I know. Everybody should do what they think is best.

It does suck though. But it’s a brutal game, so I get it.

The more and more I think about it, after hearing GS comments, I wonder if Anae will run out a balanced attack with both Tucker and Allen. This would also reduce the likelihood of Tucker getting hurt, best of both worlds.

If you were set to have job in 3 months that paid 10x what you currently make *unless* you get an accident you’d prob call in sick lol
I get it. I’m just saying all P5 schools should start treating this as a business arrangement and draw up a contract that requires playing in bowls. Have them earn 1 paid game off per year to build equity.

The more and more I think about it, after hearing GS comments, I wonder if Anae will run out a balanced attack with both Tucker and Allen. This would also reduce the likelihood of Tucker getting hurt, best of both worlds.
Hes played hurt all year. Finally got close to better and finished strong. Unless he were coming back he shouldn't play. He has proven himself. I want him to get to 100% and have a great rookie season

I get it. I’m just saying all P5 schools should start treating this as a business arrangement and draw up a contract that requires playing in bowls. Have them earn 1 paid game off per year to build equity.
What does that even mean, one paid game off per year?

so Tucker (since he’s the subject of this thread) could choose to opt out Clemson since thats the most physical team we will play? Or we as a staff hold him out of a Wagner game because there’s no point in him playing in that game to win?

what happens if the team doesn’t make a bowl game and the kid already took his “paid game off” does that mean next year the team has to make a bowl and he doesn’t get the game off Anywhere in the season?

all crazy talk IMO. At the end of the day, these guys are student athletes and only the absolute elite players across the country (who are at the end of their careers) can afford to take the game off to protect themselves. Any contract you want to put into place with that kid won’t really apply anyways since their next contract with the NFL will supersede anything you put into place and encourage kids to break deals made with the university. As far as I know (which is not far…) NIL deals can’t have any conditions related to play on the field, so you can’t mandate stars play that way either.

at the end of the day, we should consider ourselves lucky to have guys good enough they can even consider opting out of the game. If they do we celebrate the heck out of them And cheer them on through the draft process. If they suit up, we cheer them on like they always have and cross our fingers, toes and everything else that they have the best game of their lives and stay healthy too. The kids in a position to make that choice have done so much for this university and for its fans by the time we reach this moment, they have the right to choose.

we as fans often forget these people dont “work” for us. It’s a privilege to watch these kids play and to root for them. They have every right to not attend our school of choice and even if they do initially they have the right to transfer out. We don’t “own” these players and it’s not our ”right” that they Go out and perform for us wearing our colors. It’s a privilege to see these kids play for us when almost all of them have choices to be somewhere else. we as super fans will always feels more connected to the team and the university than the vast majority of potential players (and even several of the actual players). That leads many of us to think our personal wants and needs matter more than anyone else.

If we turn on our very best players and don’t support their choices in situations like this, why should we be any more likely to “deserve” other elite talents to come and play here for our personal enjoyment?

Last edited:
I'm not going to pretend I wouldn't love to see Tucker play in this game. As a fan, I definitely would. But it's not my future, so I get it. If he doesn't play, I'm excited to get a preview of what next year might look like.

Either way, there will be 11 Syracuse players on the field on every play that I'm excited to cheer for.

I'm not going to pretend I wouldn't love to see Tucker play in this game. As a fan, I definitely would. But it's not my future, so I get it. If he doesn't play, I'm excited to get a preview of what next year might look like.

Either way, there will be 11 Syracuse players on the field on every play that I'm excited to cheer for.
I will be pleased if it is always 11, and not 10 or 12 on some plays

A rb has no reason to play imo if they are on nfl radars

I always think of McGahee ripping up his knee.

Sit it out Tuck and get ready for nfl
IDK. I remember reading on here how NFL GMs would think less of Christian McCaffrey when he sat, and it would hurt his draft stock. Seemed so well reasoned.

Aye, It’s his choice , I support his decision either way. He has a lot of information regarding his draft status that we are not privy too.

These guys are making a business decision. As they should. If they decide to play, great. If they don't, I won't give it a second thought.
And it’s not just the fear of being injured. It’s taking a month away from training for the combine. Very different activity than prepping for a game. Don’t like it, but fully understand the decision

My goalposts are rock solid where I put them in the first place.

Desire is measured by Tucker basically mailing it in most of the season.
I read this board every day to prove to myself that the post I laughed at yesterday is not the most ignorant thing I will read in my life. Thank you for making today a success.

Pinstripe-Bowl-2022-320x400.jpg

Where is Tucker? I now tend to believe he will not be playing. That accounts for the +7 Line. Damn. I bet the moneyline before seeing this. Oh well. GO CUSE

Pinstripe-Bowl-2022-320x400.jpg

Where is Tucker? I now tend to believe he will not be playing. That accounts for the +7 Line. Damn. I bet the moneyline before seeing this. Oh well. GO CUSE
Tucker hasn't been close to 100%. I think Allen will impress when he gets his sea legs.

You’re saying that Tucker didn’t give maximum effort this season; setting aside how uncharitable that is to say, there’s no way you could know that to state it as if it’s a fact.

On top of that, it’s virtually common knowledge that either he was hurt (my personal opinion) or not being utilized to the best of his abilities.

No one here is going to take you seriously when you say stuff like you’re saying. This isn’t a Facebook comment section or something.

No doubt. But that's a probable product of those 'no ones' also taking themselves too seriously here.

It may not be a "Facebook comment section," but it's certainly a social media medium of sorts...many similarities.

Last edited:
These guys are making a business decision. As they should. If they decide to play, great. If they don't, I won't give it a second thought.
You are this || close to defending a guy not playing in his contract year and letting the resume stand.

Granted, college is different, the good guys are only making a few million and guys like him likely a few 100k…not TT he real big bucks, but where does it stop?

If OBJ and the Rams didn’t make the SuperBowl, he’s on a multi year deal with them and not on tour, not even working out, hoping he can come some team into paying him.

I think you need to visit here before you post again.

Or here.

Or here.

Facts are good.

Especially when you actually know what a "fact" is.
It’s a FACT he played v BC!!

Why on gods green earth would he play in that game than this one? If that’s his last game, then shouldn’t he sat that out too???

It’s a never ending paradox.

And sense when did this site ever care about ‘facts’??

98% don’t even realize they’re moving their own goalposts everyday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom