Will Tucker play in our bowl game? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Will Tucker play in our bowl game?

Will Tucker play in our bowl game, or opt out?

• Yes he will play

Votes: 98 46.7%
  • No he will not play

Votes: 112 53.3%

• Total voters
They were missing two guys. We will never know how we would have done if they had all of their guys. Now, I don't care. I'm glad we won and who did or didn't play, is their problem. But it had to hurt their chances.
We also didn’t have Alton Robinson. That is a fact that didn’t get mentioned much at the time.

Nah disagree on this one. With whatever group endeavor ones a part of, the sum and interests of the group supercedes the individual, or, as Spock said “the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one” whether sports or war or some companies. Especially when that group provided you the opportunity to achieve success and/or the hope to achieve future individual successes.

Yeah old school antiquated quaint notion of Who moved my cheese there otherwise known as the old adage of "taking one for the team!"
Jake Butt is the poster child for why one should sit out a meaningless bowl game.

Jake Butt is the poster child for why one should sit out a meaningless bowl game.
I get annoyed with the “meaningless” misnomer. When we get a 32-team playoff then you can say that. Was the Hall of Fame, Peach, Fiesta and Camping World and Gator Bowl meaningless when we had the 2-team playoff? This attitude is why players opt out. Each game should matter. You’re on scholarship. i didn’t realize they signed up to play only when it was convenient.

We also didn’t have Alton Robinson. That is a fact that didn’t get mentioned much at the time.
Josh Black was also suspended from Camping World Bowl, he was in DL rotation as a freshman and integral part of that group. And Trill and another DB ( I think it was Iffie) were injured. Carl Jones and Allan Strizinger stepped up and were great in that game. And Taj got injured in the first half and never came back. So we were down guys too.

Last edited:
Just asking...does an NFL team who is thinking of drafting Tucker factor in the fact that he is afraid of getting hurt?

Think carefully about it before you decide to respond here.

it destroyed Christian McCaffery’s career so you have a great point
I forgot that Tucker is anywhere near CMac's ability, strength, speed, desire, return or receiving ability. My bad.

Ok. It doesn't change my opinion. What does a 7th rounder get? What does a ufa make? How much is a regret worth?
These are individual decisions and all aspects of the decision should be considered.
And what's to say if he got injured in the game that he couldn't still have a good pro career? I've seen Willis McGahee mentioned on here as a cautionary tale, but no one seems to mention he was still a #1 draft pick and had a very good NFL career after rehabbing from about as bad a knee injury as an athlete can get.

After Jake Butt at Michigan crumbled down the world changed on that for a lot of fans.

Cold day on a grass baseball field with possible elements against a middling B1G opponent? Not sure that’s a good use of NIL funds

I get annoyed with the “meaningless” misnomer. When we get a 32-team playoff then you can say that. Was the Hall of Fame, Peach, Fiesta and Camping World and Gator Bowl meaningless when we had the 2-team playoff? This attitude is why players opt out. Each game should matter. You’re on scholarship. i didn’t realize they signed up to play only when it was convenient.
They opt out because the risk isn’t worth the one game. NFL paycheck vs scholarship are you for real right now

most coaches are *for* it because they know it’s not worth the risk

Yeah...mean eyes and frown face before a game is equal to 10 desire points

Don’t forget the way he throws both his arms up on the bench and kind of leans back, like, whatever. That’s 15 points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom