Will Weitsman’s NIL | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Will Weitsman’s NIL

Has there been consideration to starting a Syracusefan.com NIL collective? This would be separate from the Fine Mess NIL. I dont know how many "members" there are here, but crowdsharing is the easiest way to get a pretty healthy pool of funding together, assuming we could get organized.
I will invest $444 to this said collective :)

I will invest $444 to this said collective :)
I'd think we could get to $20k pretty easily which, isnt necessarily a lot, but could be enough to keep a role playing starter on the football team or basketball team from "getting itchy."

I'd think we could get to $20k pretty easily which, isnt necessarily a lot, but could be enough to keep a role playing starter on the football team or basketball team from "getting itchy."
Certainly possible, but not easy. For reference, the Fine Mess SyraCRUZ initiative paid out the following this year funded by donations and merchandise sales:

Enrique Cruz - $7716 (includes $816 in free and discounted merchandise in lieu of cash)
Chris Elmore - $2150
Benny Williams - $625
Joe Girard - $625
Riley Figueiras - $600
Dyaisha Fair - $500
Olivia Owens - $500

Total payments to student athletes- $12,716

We are carrying a balance of $7,039 into 2023 so have some heavy lifting to do to replicate these numbers.

Total funds raised (including profits from merchandise sales) - $19,754. And it was far from easy!

Certainly possible, but not easy. For reference, the Fine Mess SyraCRUZ initiative paid out the following this year funded by donations and merchandise sales:

Enrique Cruz - $7716 (includes $816 in free and discounted merchandise in lieu of cash)
Chris Elmore - $2150
Benny Williams - $625
Joe Girard - $625
Riley Figueiras - $600
Dyaisha Fair - $500
Olivia Owens - $500

We are carrying a balance of $7,039 into 2023 so have some heavy lifting to do to replicate these numbers.

Total funds raised (including profits from merchandise sales) - $19,754. And it was far from easy!
Thank you again for all of your hard work and dedication.

Chris Elmore - $2150
Benny Williams - $625
Joe Girard - $625
Riley Figueiras - $600
Dyaisha Fair - $500
Olivia Owens - $500

You folks did a great job and it is an excellent idea. It would be neat if some of the other large tailgates adopted the model.

The model I am thinking of would be more simplistic than the one the Fine Mess used (I think). I figured if we legit started something, you could probably get around 25 members who would drop $444 ( $11,000). If another 50 members dropped $100 that brings us to ($16,000+ already). We could ask the player(s) contracted to do live chats on the Board, ask them to appear at non profits locally we are a part of, etc.

I'm obviously just thinking out loud, but I am sure more tuned-in individuals could really come up with something workable. A subscription based model could be easier. Focusing all resources on one athlete could be easier.

Last edited:
You folks did a great job and it is an excellent idea. It would be neat if some of the other large tailgates adopted the model.

The model I am thinking of would be more simplistic than the one the Fine Mess used (I think). I figured if we legit started something, you could probably get around 25 members who would drop $444 ( $11,000). If another 50 members dropped $100 that brings us to ($16,000+ already). We could ask the player(s) contracted to do live chats on the Board, ask them to appear at non profits locally we are a part of, etc.

I'm obviously just thinking out loud, but I am sure more tuned-in individuals could really come up with something workable. A subscription based model could be easier. Focusing all resources on one athlete could be easier.
Turn it into an NIL subscription.
  • $44/month - access to one tailgate and two Zooms with a player
  • $99/month - the above plus photo taken with player and one piece of NIL gear
  • $144/month - the above plus….you get the idea

Listen to this man ^^^

Iowa is doing a similar thing with their NIL. There are various tiers depending on how much you contribute - in person and virtual meet and greets, weekly interviews, VIP backstage passes. I'd be interested if SU did something like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom