Winter Workouts begin: Monday 2/8/2021 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Winter Workouts begin: Monday 2/8/2021

Shred is a stud. He will be very difficult to keep off the field. Hes 5 inches and 25 pounds bigger than Tommy. Throws a good ball, runs like deer and is fearless. Kids got game. Hes playing.
5 inches taller? Fact check as he is not 6’7” Tommy is a big kid 6’2” 215 is solid. My son took a pic together they are same size legit and not program height or weight.

5 inches taller? Fact check as he is not 6’7” Tommy is a big kid 6’2” 215 is solid. My son took a pic together they are same size legit and not program height or weight.
Tommy isn't 6'2. 6 at best. Hopefully TD elevates his game now that he has real comp for the job.

Tommy isn't 6'2. 6 at best. Hopefully TD elevates his game now that he has real comp for the job.

He is 6’2“ met him in hotel before Clemson game. My son is 6’2”, 210 without shoes IMG_2349.jpg, they list at 6’4” in baseball. Met Joe Montana and he is really short, they both make Doug Flutie look like tiny. TD is plenty big enough to play in the NFL. Lawrence measured 6’5” 213 at combine, skinny.

He is 6’2“ met him in hotel before Clemson game. My son is 6’2”, 210 without shoesView attachment 196396, they list at 6’4” in baseball. Met Joe Montana and he is really short, they both make Doug Flutie look like tiny. TD is plenty big enough to play in the NFL. Lawrence measured 6’5” 213 at combine, skinny.
Very cool of TD to take a snapshot with your kid.

He is 6’2“ met him in hotel before Clemson game. My son is 6’2”, 210 without shoesView attachment 196396, they list at 6’4” in baseball. Met Joe Montana and he is really short, they both make Doug Flutie look like tiny. TD is plenty big enough to play in the NFL. Lawrence measured 6’5” 213 at combine, skinny.
The thing is, if Devito was a legitimate 6’2” they would list him at 6’3”.
Dungey was listed at 6’4” and at the pro day measured 6’2.75”.
My guess maybe 6’1.25” which is close enough to 6’2”.

Great pic. Tommy looks all of 6'2 . My mistake. Thx

TD could be 6’5 but unless he fixes the issues he has displayed over the last couple of years it won’t matter. (I will not go in details of his issues because it’s been said countless times) It would be great if he steps up his game but if not at least we have a full qb room to possibly help the team be successful.

He has things to fix. but I wonder how Peyton Manning would have done behind this oline.. TD looks like Vick compared to Peyton. Maybe Peyton figures out where to go faster but he still is gonna take a ton of sacks the way we blocked the last couple of yrs.

Yeah, I think the “official” heights are always in shoes.
And maybe for football players - in cleats.

GMac was “listed” at 6’2”.
I stood right next to him at the Melo center a few years back, and I’m 5’10” (on a good day ;) ) and he is maybe an inch or at most 2” taller than me.
(both of us in shoes, naturally).

Stevie Thompson & Paul Harris are two others with famously exaggerated “listed” heights.

He has things to fix. but I wonder how Peyton Manning would have done behind this oline.. TD looks like Vick compared to Peyton. Maybe Peyton figures out where to go faster but he still is gonna take a ton of sacks the way we blocked the last couple of yrs.

Well being that Welch, Rex, and Morgan were sacked at half the rate that TD was, I think Peyton would have been fine. Rex alone last year had more than 2x the attempts and half the sacks. TD was part of the issue. Put his talent in Rex and we look a lot better.

Well being that Welch, Rex, and Morgan were sacked at half the rate that TD was, I think Peyton would have been fine. Rex alone last year had more than 2x the attempts and half the sacks. TD was part of the issue. Put his talent in Rex and we look a lot better.
Agreed. Tommy has all the arm talent in the world. What he lacks is feel.

I stood right next to him at the Melo center a few years back, and I’m 5’10” (on a good day ;) ) and he is maybe an inch or at most 2” taller than me.

Stevie Thompson & Paul Harris are two others with famously exaggerated “listed” heights.
So if you are really 5’8” and TD is a inch taller he is now 5’9”? Schafer is now 6’0”. You guys are delusional.

I'm pretty sure most Babers heights are accurate, and in bare feet. There are some tall guys that are over their listed heights by up to 1/2 inch, and they just truncate the end instead of rounding up. I suppose they could also round up for guys they wish were taller, but they are all give or take 1/2 inch, barefoot.

I'm pretty sure most Babers heights are accurate, and in bare feet. There are some tall guys that are over their listed heights by up to 1/2 inch, and they just truncate the end instead of rounding up. I suppose they could also round up for guys they wish were taller, but they are all give or take 1/2 inch, barefoot.
Yes basketball they tend to round up more or beef up guys like GMAC, JG3

Yes basketball they tend to round up more or beef up guys like GMAC, JG3
I always thought basketball heights were rounded up and in sneakers. My limited experience had my HS hoops height at 6'4, and I'm definitely not 6'4 barefoot. Lol. I was the same height as every other " 6'4 " guy I played against, because none of us were.

Babers football heights seem mostly accurate.

Last edited:
So if you are really 5’8” and TD is a inch taller he is now 5’9”? Schafer is now 6’0”. You guys are delusional.
What are you talking about? Nobody said Devito was 5’9”.
But here is another anecdotal height comparison.
I don’t know if he’s 6’, 6’1, 6’2 or whatever and it doesn’t matter to me because he’s a baller no matter what his height is. But my son is 6’2 and I’m 6’1 1/2. We stood behind Tommy at the OIP near SU and we were both taller than Tommy. Also remember, quite often football players are measured with cleats on.

Is there some kind of public {or even private) list of who’s participating in these workouts? A list indicative of who’s on the team. Curious Orange minds want to know.
Jordan, Howard, Nunn, Bleich, Adams et al.
Any injuries preventing participation?

Is there some kind of public {or even private) list of who’s participating in these workouts? A list indicative of who’s on the team. Curious Orange minds want to know.
Jordan, Howard, Nunn, Bleich, Adams et al.
Any injuries preventing participation?
Jordan transferred out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom