Winter Workouts begin: Monday 2/8/2021 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Winter Workouts begin: Monday 2/8/2021

What are you talking about? Nobody said Devito was 5’9”.
But here is another anecdotal height comparison.
Poster said he was 5’10” on a good day with shoes, meaning he is really 5’8” he then said he saw Devito in person was a inch or two taller than him. Was just doing simple math...

I never understood why anyone would overstate heights and weights. Although back in the day you might get a look from some hoop scout if you were listed at 2-3” above your true height.

I advised my nephews a couple of years ago to understate their stats, and maybe they would have the element of surprise on their side. I can tell you listing yourself at 5’11” when you are 6’2” can cause some surprises and match up adjustments, at least at the high school level.

Schwartzwalder did it all the time with weights (always understated)...not so much height. Back then you got measured bare feet and in shorts for weight.

Poster said he was 5’10” on a good day with shoes, meaning he is really 5’8” he then said he saw Devito in person was a inch or two taller than him. Was just doing simple math...
Simple math, but wrong word problem. He was talking about GMac.

Funny thing is, GMAC measured just about as advertised. I think he was officially measured at 6'1+" after being listed at 6'2" in the program.

Alright, I’ve had it up to here (about 6’10” is as high as I can reach) with this discussion on measurables and their (in)accuracies. Anybody got some real news? ;-)
I don’t have news but want to discuss some specifics on this team and the leaders in various categories.

Strongest

My money is on Wil Froumy or Josh Black,

Fastest

I think Jordan is the guy, assuming he stays. If he doesn’t, who is the fastest now?

Nykeim has left the building. It isn’t him. Trill is gone too. He had to be up there.

Luke Benson had to be close but he has put on so much weight beefing up for TE, I don’t think it is him.

Pena looks like he can fly. Maybe Sherod Johnson or Neil Nunn?

Anyone know for sure?

Pound for pound? Jarveon Howard is probably tops, followed by Bolinsky/Lutz.

I'd guess Josh black with the biggest squat. Bleich had the biggest bench out of HS, but im pretty sure Froumy has passed him. I assume Bleich has lost some squat due to injury.

Speed is obviously Jawhar. Past him, theyre all very close at the top.

Ok then GMAC is 5’9”...
Come on you’re not even trying. This is what was said and it turns out 721 was correct.

GMac was “listed” at 6’2”.
I stood right next to him at the Melo center a few years back, and I’m 5’10” (on a good day ;) ) and he is maybe an inch or at most 2” taller than me.
(both of us in shoes, naturally).

Funny thing is, GMAC measured just about as advertised. I think he was officially measured at 6'1+" after being listed at 6'2" in the program.
5’11 and 3/4”
One of the great things to come out of the NBA's predraft camp in Orlando is the actual heights and weights of the prospects. We get to see who had been flubbing their actual numbers throughout college. It's a fun look at fractions of inches (put on the Internet by both DraftExpress.com and ESPN's Chad Ford) that can mean a lot on draft night.

I've always suspected the 6-2 was a smidge generous, and turns out, it was. In Orlando, Gerry McNamara measured 5-foot-11 3/4 without shoes and 6-0 1/2 with shoes. That, coupled with his recurring injury, does not help his draft stock at all.

Come on you’re not even trying. This is what was said and it turns out 721 was correct.
Don’t disagree on Gmac being 6‘, common in hoops to inflate was being sarcastic. My original point was about folks saying TD was maybe 6’ he was clearly his listed size.

Don’t disagree on Gmac being 6‘, common in hoops to inflate was being sarcastic. My original point was about folks saying TD was maybe 6’ he was clearly his listed size.
Not clear at all. It’s a matter of opinion and conjecture until TD has a pro day in a few years.

Schwartzwalder did it all the time with weights (always understated)...not so much height. Back then you got measured bare feet and in shorts for weight.
Well I’m glad they at least had shorts on. Some of this imagery might be TMI.

I ask you, who here goes to their annual physical and doesn’t leave their shoes on for the height measurement, but take them off for the weight measurement. This is an annual tradition for me.

I ask you, who here goes to their annual physical and doesn’t leave their shoes on for the height measurement, but take them off for the weight measurement. This is an annual tradition for me.
They say scales are inaccurate 5 pounds ;)

Crap, I empty all my pockets too!

Not clear at all. It’s a matter of opinion and conjecture until TD has a pro day in a few years.
It’s pretty clear to me when my son in flip flops who is in fact 6’2” without shoes and 6’3 1/2” with shoes was the exact same height as TD. Maybe TD had lifts in his Nikes or three inch soles. Rergardless, it will be what it is. My initial point is TD is a tall, solid kid in person not some scrawny, short guy as depicted. I think Shrader is bigger but would not call him Drew Allen/ Ben R. big or 5 inches and 25 lbs bigger as roughly stated.

It’s pretty clear to me when my son in flip flops who is in fact 6’2” without shoes and 6’3 1/2” with shoes was the exact same height as TD. Maybe TD had lifts in his Nikes or three inch soles. Rergardless, it will be what it is. My initial point is TD is a tall, solid kid in person not some scrawny, short guy as depicted. I think Shrader is bigger but would not call him Drew Allen/ Ben R. big or 5 inches and 25 lbs bigger as roughly stated.
For the sake of beating this to death, people can draw their own conclusions from the image below.
Maybe Tommy is still growing, its possible. Or maybe Dungey lost some height from his back injury.
Dungey's Pro day height was 6'2.75"

EHNUI7HMHFCTJLXEJQY57AAUAM.jpg

For the sake of beating this to death, people can draw their own conclusions from the image below.
Maybe Tommy is still growing, its possible. Or maybe Dungey lost some height from his back injury.
Dungey's Pro day height was 6'2.75"

EHNUI7HMHFCTJLXEJQY57AAUAM.jpg
And you know the camara angle is level? TD is taller here, lol. Program says ED 6’4”, TD 6’2” take a 1/4- 1/2 of each there you have it.
1613533770545.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom