Wonder if Seton Hall tampered? | Syracusefan.com

Wonder if Seton Hall tampered?

PhatOrange

Living Legend
makes me wonder. I'm sure Syracuse will release him to wherever but...I wouldn't release him to buttgers just because.

makes me wonder. I'm sure Syracuse will release him to wherever but...I wouldn't release him to buttgers just because.
The issue isn't about Syracuse releasing him. It's about Seton Hall staff and his mom being in contact with each other while he was still a student-athlete at SU. That's definitely tampering. His mom probably went through a 3rd party contact, but who knows with her? I'm sure Holloway and SH were well aware she wanted to gauge their interest in TT.

I really think they did. First off what sense does it make for Thompson and his mother to be quiet unless they were told to keep quiet and wait for a scholarship to open up?

I doubt it. Just because things aren't reported doesn't mean things didn't happen.

Exactly. They obviously talked in some form, but who cares. Time to move on. We roll with what we have. TT isn't Orange, never will be again, and frankly never was.

Likely rolling to the NIT without any definitive secondary scoring and a huge hole at the 5 now. I'm all for blocking Seton Hall in this situation, guys don't randomly decide to go to prep school a few days before enrolling, at exactly the time a local kid announces his desire to transfer.

If you listen to the latest Francis podcast, it certainly sounds like Seton Hall will no longer be a viable option for TT.

Ralph Willard, Kevin's father, coached at SU including the 1987 team but like his son has been more closely associated with Rick Pitino, both being assistants for Pitino for the Knicks and Louisville under RP.

Guys our player who went to prep school enrolled in June/July and has been down there ever since. We have had this spot open for well over a month now.

It did not open the same day or even same month as many here and in the cuse media have reported.

Ahh who cares at this point. Let him go where ever as he will have to sit out a year. Not quite sure why anyone would want to play at Seton Hall over Syracuse unless playing time is a factor (which it wasn't). I have a hunch he may never end up suiting up for Seton Hall and may try to play pro ball overseas at some point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom