Wonder if Seton Hall tampered? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Wonder if Seton Hall tampered?

Maybe we will just ignore the request for release like Thompson ignored his teammates and coaches all summer. Guess we will know when the check is due at Seton Hall. Looks like it was August 2 for new students - I assume Thompson was granted some type of waiver. If Syracuse does not release him, mom is writing a check for about $60k/yr.

Does SU need to request NCAA to investigate tampering or would they do that of their own accord?

I think people are pissed at TT due to his immaturity in handling the departure.

Totally get it.

And I care waaaaaay too much about Syracuse sports, as my bride reminds me.

But calling a kid trash because he left your college basketball team to be closer to Mom and deal...with whatever makes me think the poster is trash not the kid.

Kid ain't trash. Talented offensive player.

Get over yourself here.
He may be a talentened offensive player but he did not care to put any effort into playing defense. Does not matter if he didn't like playing zone or not. I don't like some of the tasks at my job but I fulfill them 100% because that's the work ethic I carry.

He may be a talentened offensive player but he did not care to put any effort into playing defense. Does not matter if he didn't like playing zone or not. I don't like some of the tasks at my job but I fulfill them 100% because that's the work ethic I carry.

So that makes it ok to call a kid "trash?" What is the logic on this one?

Chrissakes, I'm not saying he should be All-American, but he's a loss and some adults throw their toys outs of the chest a wee bit too harshly on a kid they seemingly didn't really want.

People need to wake the duck up.

Just seems the more this has played out that SU should just sign release and wish the young man well. No matter what the case the school always looks bad in these cases and lets be honest she doesn't seem like the quiet type?

You have not a shred of evidence. Why make such a claim?

No evidence TT has inside knowledge? He was recruited by SU and played at SU.
EVERY college violates NCAA rules. EVERY one. Sometimes knowingly, sometimes not.
Every college give athletes advantages. EVERY one.

No evidence TT has inside knowledge? He was recruited by SU and played at SU.
EVERY college violates NCAA rules. EVERY one. Sometimes knowingly, sometimes not.
Every college give athletes advantages. EVERY one.
You have no evidence.

Guess what, if a basketball player who was actually going to get major minutes transfers from Syracuse to Seton Hall, then tampering is unlikely to be one of the top 500 reasons why they left.

I'm not trying to come off as indignant in asking this, but how is this any different than whatever went on with Tyler Cavanaugh last summer (other than TT moved and TC did not)?

He can't play this upcoming year by rule; what is the impact of us "releasing" him or not?

To follow up on the second question.

It appears that if TT (or any enrolled Division I player) wants to explore other opportunities he needs to get written permission from the school he is attending before he can talk to the other school. In this case he would need to request and get written permission from SU beore talking to SU. If permission isn't requested before contact is make Seton Hall would be unable to grant him a scholarship during the year that he has to sit out.

The release comes after the player has selected a destination, but I couldn't find anything definitive on the process for requesting and receiving the release and/or what the effect is if the release isn't granted.

The net of the requirement for written permission is that SU knew TT was talking to Seton Hall because he had to ask permission. The Seton Hall coaches couldn't contact him until permission was granted. Now that doesn't mean that Syracuse understood that he was definitely a goner at that point, but they had to know he was exploring his options and was unhappy.

NYC Metro area to Syracuse too far?????

My concern it is another indicator that the BE is in re-assendancy with NYC Metro kids.

NYC Metro area to Syracuse too far?????

My concern it is another indicator that the BE is in re-assendancy with NYC Metro kids.
Yeah right. Nova is far and away the best program. Others are well below most of the top half of the ACC. Omaha and Indianapolis and Cincinnati and Milwaukee are very very FAR away from the East Coast. Seton Hall and Providence were middling Big East schools for years. I don't see it.

Kid ain't trash. Talented offensive player.

Get over yourself here.

Meh. He's trash.

Poor attitude, worst defensive player I've ever seen in the post (Ovcina included). Black hole on offense. Not to mention everything going on off the court, which I have no clue about.

He can put the ball in the basket, but unfortunately for him the game of basketball is much more than just that.

Yeah right. Nova is far and away the best program. Others are well below most of the top half of the ACC. Omaha and Indianapolis and Cincinnati and Milwaukee are very very FAR away from the East Coast. Seton Hall and Providence were middling Big East schools for years. I don't see it.

We played their two bottom feeders last year and got spanked. Year before our F4 team didn't do any better. Not much superiority recently . Kids have short memories.

There could be a point in a year or two when an NBA scout or executive calls JB and says - whaddya think?

And he can say he has seen park benches that play better defense.
Plays better defense
th

Totally get it.

And I care waaaaaay too much about Syracuse sports, as my bride reminds me.

But calling a kid trash because he left your college basketball team to be closer to Mom and deal...with whatever makes me think the poster is trash not the kid.
I don't agree with the "trash" comment. But don't sugar-coat his behavior either. This kid could have left in the Spring and no one would be crying foul. Instead, he deliberately kept the staff (and his teammates) in the dark all summer while his mother shopped offers on the AAU circuit. There's a strong smell of tampering by another program here, and a delay deliberately timed so that the staff had no opportunity to fill his spot with another player. So -- what you call a sympathetic return to "mom" was actually quite a malicious little scheme. That's where the vitriol is coming from.

Last edited:
I don't agree with the "trash" comment. But don't sugar-coat his behavior either. This kid could have left in the Spring and no one would be crying foul. Instead, he deliberately kept the staff (and his teammates) in the dark all summer while his mother shopped offers on the AAU circuit. There's a strong smell of tampering by another program here, and a delay deliberately timed so that the staff had no opportunity to fill his spot with another player. So -- what you call a sympathetic return to "mom" was actually quite a malicious little scheme. That's where the vitriol is coming from.

Great speech.

Calling the kid trash is BS. That is 100% my issue.

We played their two bottom feeders last year and got spanked. Year before our F4 team didn't do any better. Not much superiority recently . Kids have short memories.

Eh, they caught us at the right time. Boeheim was out two years ago at that time. Last year we were terrible until January...lots of teams embarrassed us before that, from multiple leagues. BC kicked our butts too. If we played them a month later, it would've been a different story.

Great speech.

Calling the kid trash is BS. That is 100% my issue.

While I agree calling TT trash is a bit much but can we please stop calling 19/20 year old men kids. Lets take the "kid" gloves off and deal with him like the adult he is. He should be free to transfer anywhere he wants but SH. Actions have consequences. Welcome to the real world TT, suck it up and learn from it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom