Worst ESPN broadcast ever. | Syracusefan.com

Worst ESPN broadcast ever.

Hands down ...it was horrible. And not on a few things, on the WHOLE thing. On top of that my ESPN feed here in NC dropped for about 3 minutes of game time. Checked other TVs, turned them off aand back on, even started rebooting one. Then it come back and we were down by 17

What do you guys think Syracuse's record is over the past 2.5 seasons for games played on ESPN or ESPN2? Actually, don't tell me. I don't want to know.

Oh come on...you mean the sideline reporter in the stands eating snacks with little kids...split screen as the game was being played??
That just infuriated me. I can't tell you how many times I have shouted at ESPN broadcasts over the years to "SHOW THE GAME." They are always missing action with that nonsense or showing the crowd or coaches after baskets. One would think after missing so much action over the years, they'd learn. But I guess not. At least it was split screen this time on the bright side, I guess.

The video production was awful, but the commentators and sideline reporter were terrible. It was thoroughly unwatchable if you weren't a Duke fan, and even then it probably wasn't good. I turned the game off in the second and listened to the radio broadcast.

Finally had to mute it. JWill is the worst. And the producer of this broadcast is just as bad.
Could not agree more. ESPN continues its descent into wall-to-wall garbage. I though Jay Williams was horrible in the studio. Little did I know he's even worse doing a game. Really enjoyed how he referenced himself as "two-time player of the year" in case anyone had forgotten. Also really liked how he answered the question of who the best team in the country is by naming about 9 teams including Duke. His knowledge of where hips and elbows should be positioned for maximum efficiency was spellbinding as well. What broke me though was when he said of Judah Mintz, "that's why he's one of the best defenders in the country." I went to bed shortly thereafter.

Could not agree more. ESPN continues its descent into wall-to-wall garbage. I though Jay Williams was horrible in the studio. Little did I know he's even worse doing a game. Really enjoyed how he referenced himself as "two-time player of the year" in case anyone had forgotten. Also really liked how he answered the question of who the best team in the country is by naming about 9 teams including Duke. His knowledge of where hips and elbows should be positioned for maximum efficiency was spellbinding as well. What broke me though was when he said of Judah Mintz, "that's why he's one of the best defenders in the country." I went to bed shortly thereafter.
Oh and I almost forgot. Mark Mitchell is apparently the greatest basketball player of all time.

Much like our second half meltdown, would like to forget about it all.

The video production was awful, but the commentators and sideline reporter were terrible. It was thoroughly unwatchable if you weren't a Duke fan, and even then it probably wasn't good. I turned the game off in the second and listened to the radio broadcast.
What was wrong with the video production?

What was wrong with the video production?

Dunno if this is pinned on "video production" but plenty of times I'd like to see a reply and instead they showed an easy bucket from prior plays or cut to the fans in the stand crap.

Like - for instance - Q got called for a charge (I thought he walked) but I thought the Duke flop was inside the arc. There was a time when the broadcast would've looked at that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom