Wow, ugly start | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wow, ugly start

Not looking good anywhere.
Its going to be an uglier finish today. Looks like we are no longer an elite lacrosse program. Just in time to say hello to the ACC. Great job John D.Sure we lost a great one to injury butt hats not the entire team.The midfield and attack are listless No finesse passing inside 10 yards of the goal.When I say finesse passing i mean short "handoffs" for a quick shot on goal.

Wardwell & #45 are having awful games. So much for a vaunted defense. They gotta get back to recruiting the best players from LI & MD.

The exceptional athletes from OH, OR, IL, MA are not heady creative players and its the reason why our O stinks.

Edit - Wardwell is giving me bad flashbacks of Jerry Delorenzo.

Remind me what time frame we took the best players out of li and md? SU has always struggled to get guys out of miaa and have only had occasional success on the island.

Wardwell & #45 are having awful games. So much for a vaunted defense. They gotta get back to recruiting the best players from LI & MD.

The exceptional athletes from OH, OR, IL, MA are not heady creative players and its the reason why our O stinks.

Edit - Wardwell is giving me bad flashbacks of Jerry Delorenzo.

Remind me what time frame we took the best players out of li and md? SU has always struggled to get guys out of miaa and have only had occasional success on the island.

Struggling to get players (like John Glatzel - MD, Steve Panarelli - LI) from traditional hotbeds doesn't mean SU needs to take a page from the football recruiting handbook and chase great athletes who were late bloomers to the game.

Maybe Desko's staff does try and the LI/MD players aren't interested. The point I was making was that the quality of play suffers when you pick athletes over players.

The Thompson boys are great examples - kids that have played the game practically from birth (ok athletes but nothing like a Roy Colsey) whose lacrosse skills/creativity help them beat superior athletes.

Struggling to get players (like John Glatzel - MD, Steve Panarelli - LI) from traditional hotbeds doesn't mean SU needs to take a page from the football recruiting handbook and chase great athletes who were late bloomers to the game.

Maybe Desko's staff does try and the LI/MD players aren't interested. The point I was making was that the quality of play suffers when you pick athletes over players.

The Thompson boys are great examples - kids that have played the game practically from birth (ok athletes but nothing like a Roy Colsey) whose lacrosse skills/creativity help them beat superior athletes.

The Thompsons should all be able to qualify for the Haudenosaunee Promise Scholarship, all they have to do is be qualified. http://www.syr.edu/financialaid/scholarships/su_scholarships_list/haudenosaunee_promise.html

The Thompsons should all be able to qualify for the Haudenosaunee Promise Scholarship, all they have to do is be qualified. http://www.syr.edu/financialaid/scholarships/su_scholarships_list/haudenosaunee_promise.html
Which means that they need to make it through admissions. As discussed in the other thread, there's information that would suggest that not all of the Thompsons would make it through the admissions process.

I don't know how such scholarships mesh with athletic scholarships. I'm sure there's some sort of precedence, but I suspect the lax program would be dinged for at least 1/2 a scholarship per player.

Which means that they need to make it through admissions. As discussed in the other thread, there's information that would suggest that not all of the Thompsons would make it through the admissions process.

I don't know how such scholarships mesh with athletic scholarships. I'm sure there's some sort of precedence, but I suspect the lax program would be dinged for at least 1/2 a scholarship per player.

If a student is enrolled on an academic grant or scholarship, he's no different than a walk-on. Shouldn't count against the 12.6 scholarship limit.

If a student is enrolled on an academic grant or scholarship, he's no different than a walk-on. Shouldn't count against the 12.6 scholarship limit.
Thanks for the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom