Class of 2014 - WR Jamal Custis (PA) Offered | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 WR Jamal Custis (PA) Offered

People were saying Lewis would gets reps as a freshman. Barely getting reps as a sophomore with not much talent in front of him.

People were saying Lewis would gets reps as a freshman. Barely getting reps as a sophomore with not much talent in front of him.

He is a redshirt freshman that was injured all spring and some summer with others getting the opportunities in the new offense. Granted my opinion is based mostly off of his film but he seems to have great all around skills. He has great size, looks to be a good route runner with great hands and he can go up and make a play on the ball. Plus it sounds like he is a good blocker to boot. The only thing he doesn't have is elite speed but he is by no means slow. I swear if a guy is white people automatically think the guy is slower than he is. And he has seen some time already. I think he will be very productive for us.

Lets not forget Steven Gregory..he changed a few times and is currently one of our longer standing NFL guys and hes still a starter.

And he has seen some time already. I think he will be very productive for us.

We have recruited over him. Once Williams, Cooper, Custis, and possibly Ishmael get here I don't see where Lewis fits in. That's one of those good problems.

We have recruited over him. Once Williams, Cooper, Custis, and possibly Ishmael get here I don't see where Lewis fits in. That's one of those good problems.
I agree. Once everyone signs on signing day make him a safety.

Lets not forget Steven Gregory..he changed a few times and is currently one of our longer standing NFL guys and hes still a starter.

Ya Gerg tried his hardest to ruin his career. He really did not want to play WR, but is a team player.

Ya Gerg tried his hardest to ruin his career. He really did not want to play WR, but is a team player.
You may have it backwards. I think Coach P moved him to WR and Grob moved him back to DB for his senior season. I could be wrong but that's how I remember it.

You may have it backwards. I think Coach P moved him to WR and Grob moved him back to DB for his senior season. I could be wrong but that's how I remember it.

Probably right i'm used to blaming everything on Gerg. Either way happy it worked out for Steve, great kid, who has proved people wrong his whole career.

JC6 ‏@JamalCustis63m
Picked up another offer yesterday too

the next tweet his buddy said LSU. Don't know if that's who it was, but let's hope we start winning some games

JC6 ‏@JamalCustis63m
Picked up another offer yesterday too

the next tweet his buddy said LSU. Don't know if that's who it was, but let's hope we start winning some games

I think we're ok losing games with the skill guys because the lack o talent is the sell. But I'm not gonna feel secure with any kid this year.

Play football and travel, practice with a top 10 school. I'd do it in a heartbeat.
We have a habit of up TE prospects. I have to believe Ron Thompson would be showing more on the field as a TE rather than his "converted position of DE. Then Beau thinks about adding a ton of weight and playing O-line and says to Syracuse adios . He will eat Wisconsin cheese rather than NYb extra sharp cheddar.

We have a good TE in moore, we need to play him more, he has as many catches as Wales and a bigger target.

We have a good TE in moore, we need to play him more, he has as many catches as Wales and a bigger target.
We need Moore more at tackle then TE. I don't ever see him as being an above average acc te. He would have the chance to be a very athletic tackle though

If this kid is as fast as they say to go with his size, I'd really hate to lose this one.

We have a habit of up TE prospects. I have to believe Ron Thompson would be showing more on the field as a TE rather than his "converted position of DE. Then Beau thinks about adding a ton of weight and playing O-line and says to Syracuse adios . He will eat Wisconsin cheese rather than NYb extra sharp cheddar.

Cali, it has been reported many times that Sugarbear was simply out growing the TE position. The guy is getting BIG.

JC6 ‏@JamalCustis6 11h
Omw home from my game, got the W . . We're in the state playoffs and Division championship.. #NG

And once again spouting off about things you know nothing about.

Thompson wasn't outgrowing the TE position. We simply had no defensive ends and he was the player that projected the best at defensive end. It was a good move because A) the TE has been removed from our offense (tongue in cheek as I think gmac is starting to rediscover the position) and B) we have Batten AND Provo redshirting. People seem to forget about Provo.

Josh Parris - redshirt frosh
Kendall Moore - true frosh
Batten - redshirting
Provo - redshirting

Thompson wasn't outgrowing the TE position. We simply had no defensive ends and he was the player that projected the best at defensive end. It was a good move because A) the TE has been removed from our offense (tongue in cheek as I think gmac is starting to rediscover the position) and B) we have Batten AND Provo redshirting. People seem to forget about Provo.

Josh Parris - redshirt frosh
Kendall Moore - true frosh
Batten - redshirting
Provo - redshirting

Honestly I was hoping Moore would move to tackle and possibility of Provo going to fullback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1