Class of 2014 - WR K.J. Williams to East Mississippi CC | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 WR K.J. Williams to East Mississippi CC

It's a a mix of bad grades, lack of effort and I'm guessing just crappy attitude. Honestly while it sucks I'm kinda happy we didn't bend over backwards fer this kid cuz now it allows us to get a high character possibly better athlete in this cycle. I'll take ishmael over Williams any day, he's grown up playing against sec level talent and has been successful in both the classroom and on the field those are the kids we need, not the thugs of the greg Robinson era.

zjscuse said:
It's a a mix of bad grades, lack of effort and I'm guessing just crappy attitude. Honestly while it sucks I'm kinda happy we didn't bend over backwards fer this kid cuz now it allows us to get a high character possibly better athlete in this cycle. I'll take ishmael over Williams any day, he's grown up playing against sec level talent and has been successful in both the classroom and on the field those are the kids we need, not the thugs of the greg Robinson era.

Clueless. Who were those thugs? You realize far more kids got in trouble under Marrone than Grob.

And what makes you an expert on Williams? You know he's a thug?

Clueless. Who were those thugs? You realize far more kids got in trouble under Marrone than Grob.

In all fairness, Marrone cracked down twice as hard as GROB, so that's the reason for more guys getting into trouble. Don't understand the thug comment though. IMO, we had the same amount of talent during the late GROB and early Marrone years (based on recruiting rankings and draft picks), but Marrone clearly got much more out of every player he brought here. GROB was an all around disaster of a head coach.

There definitely is a reason that the coaching staff is backing off now, whether that is not qualifying, a bad attitude, or bad work ethic. You don't just let top 250 talent slip through your hands if there is not a good reason behind it.

Cuse_Albs said:
In all fairness, Marrone cracked down twice as hard as GROB, so that's the reason for more guys getting into trouble. Don't understand the thug comment though. IMO, we had the same amount of talent during the late GROB and early Marrone years (based on recruiting rankings and draft picks), but Marrone clearly got much more out of every player he brought here. GROB was an all around disaster of a head coach. There definitely is a reason that the coaching staff is backing off now, whether that is not qualifying, a bad attitude, or bad work ethic. You don't just let top 250 talent slip through your hands if there is not a good reason behind it.

I don't agree. Cops don't care about how much a coach cracks down. And SU doesn't either. But all schools and coaches have kids who get in trouble. The thug comment was just ridiculous as have been many of the incorrect talking points about Grob. He was not a good head coach. That's about the only factual thing that can be said. Everything else has been made up.

What a ridiculously uninformed post.

Why are you always so negative and pessimistic? Granted I spend most of my time on the football side so I don't know what kind of value you add to to the hoops side. All I know is that when I see anything from you it's typically critical of someone thoughts or opinion. Especially when it revolves around recruiting or stars ratings. Why is that? Let people have their opinions and don't tear them down because of it. You just come across as if you are angry about something that the rest of us don't understand. Let it go and don't take it against the people you are supporting on this board. I'm sure you will have a calculated response but I'm just putting into written word what I have observed. No personal offense.

What a ridiculously uninformed post.

The finger-pointing and blaming of a kid with no info to base it on is rather Caliesque.

VaSaltine said:
Why are you always so negative and pessimistic? Granted I spend most of my time on the football side so I don't know what kind of value you add to to the hoops side. All I know is that when I see anything from you it's typically critical of someone thoughts or opinion. Especially when it revolves around recruiting or stars ratings. Why is that? Let people have their opinions and don't tear them down because of it. You just come across as if you are angry about something that the rest of us don't understand. Let it go and don't take it against the people you are supporting on this board. I'm sure you will have a calculated response but I'm just putting into written word what I have observed. No personal offense.

Read the post I responded to. Calling kids thugs, past and present, with no proof isn't what I'd call an informed opinion.

Just looking back to GRob's recruiting classes, it's amazing how may 4 star recruits he had that either never qualified, never played, or were busts.

Read the post I responded to. Calling kids thugs, past and present, with no proof isn't what I'd call an informed opinion.
Ok, I re-read the post. It just sounds like an opinion. There is no statement as to it being informed. I respect peoples opinion to being critical of others opinions, it just seems like some are are more consistently more critical than others.

tep624 said:
Just looking back to GRob's recruiting classes, it's amazing how may 4 star recruits he had that either never qualified, never played, or were busts.

Would have loved seeing what Pierce could have done. Hope he's doing all right .

VaSaltine said:
Ok, I re-read the post. It just sounds like an opinion. There is no statement as to it being informed. I respect peoples opinion to being critical of others opinions, it just seems like some are are more consistently more critical than others.

Calling kids thugs, especially our recruits or players...not cool. Seems like a few others concur.

Would have loved seeing what Pierce could have done. Hope he's doing all right .

Pierce, Baskin, Collier, Lobdell, Rosner, Tucker, Sales (1 really good year)

Doug Hogue, Marinovich and Delone Carter were the only two IMO that lived up to the recruiting expectations. And we burned some of Hogue's time trying to figure out where to play him.

http://orange44.blogspot.com/2006/04/somebody-turn-down-crazy.html

Here it is ... they look back on one or two other mishaps in recruiting from the GRob era ... quite frankly comparing problem children between the staffs is futile ... if I recall didn't a few of the "problem children" that existed under Marrone arrive on campus due to GRob offers? Quite frankly he couldn't cut everyone. Lets face it a lot of these coaches have kids that do dumb things ... but for anyone to say with any absolution that one was far worse than other may be a reach. Marrone had guys like Cater and GRob had his fair share ... when I was on the hill there was quite a bit that went on during the P era that unless you were a student with direct access to the team or had contacts in the know many had no idea about. Hell I was in Manley walking behind Boeheim two days after the big Todd Burgan incident and heard a lot more than what was published in the paper. Just because it isn't on a police blotter doesn't mean it doesn't happen in spite of what many think.

http://orange44.blogspot.com/2006/04/somebody-turn-down-crazy.html

Here it is ... they look back on one or two other mishaps in recruiting from the GRob era ... quite frankly comparing problem children between the staffs is futile ... if I recall didn't a few of the "problem children" that existed under Marrone arrive on campus due to GRob offers? Quite frankly he couldn't cut everyone. Lets face it a lot of these coaches have kids that do dumb things ... but for anyone to say with any absolution that one was far worse than other may be a reach. Marrone had guys like Cater and GRob had his fair share ... when I was on the hill there was quite a bit that went on during the P era that unless you were a student with direct access to the team or had contacts in the know many had no idea about. Hell I was in Manley walking behind Boeheim two days after the big Todd Burgan incident and heard a lot more than what was published in the paper. Just because it isn't on a police blotter doesn't mean it doesn't happen in spite of what many think.

He got busted again in the past few years for similar crap, guns and drugs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom