Class of 2014 - WR K.J. Williams to East Mississippi CC | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 WR K.J. Williams to East Mississippi CC

I wouldn't be surprised if the KJ Williams situation is somewhere in the middle where we told him that there was no guaranteed spot for him since he didn't seize the opportunity when he had the chance and let the coaches and the team down...but that we would monitor the situation and if he committed himself to getting his stuff squared away that we potentially would (and likely) recruit him again and take him. Shafer saying hoping for the best could be his tough love quote to show Williams that he's serious about him not having an opportunity here. We obviously have some numbers issues at WR and HCSS kind of alluded to that when talking about Williams. KJ saying that he's reopening his recruitment is something that obviously he has to do if there is no guaranteed offer/commitment on the table anymore from us.

I agree with most that it isn't the end of the world if we lose him because we do have some young talent at the position on the roster, but if he does go to prep and get his academics in order as well as show the commitment on the field he would still be a great talent to add to the roster.

Last edited:
http://orange44.blogspot.com/2006/04/somebody-turn-down-crazy.html

Here it is ... they look back on one or two other mishaps in recruiting from the GRob era ... quite frankly comparing problem children between the staffs is futile ... if I recall didn't a few of the "problem children" that existed under Marrone arrive on campus due to GRob offers? Quite frankly he couldn't cut everyone. Lets face it a lot of these coaches have kids that do dumb things ... but for anyone to say with any absolution that one was far worse than other may be a reach. Marrone had guys like Cater and GRob had his fair share ... when I was on the hill there was quite a bit that went on during the P era that unless you were a student with direct access to the team or had contacts in the know many had no idea about. Hell I was in Manley walking behind Boeheim two days after the big Todd Burgan incident and heard a lot more than what was published in the paper. Just because it isn't on a police blotter doesn't mean it doesn't happen in spite of what many think.

Wow, never heard that story before.

Wow, never heard that story before.

There are a lot of stories that are kept hush in spite of what some say ... all programs and all coaches have problem children ... are some worse than others ... of course but many fans don't even have a clue.

milford is a good sign, right? kj is a 17/18-year old kid. as far as im concerned, any mistakes he's had can be atoned for. still hoping he makes it and coach shaf is just practicing some tough love.

Does anyone know if we have officially moved on or not? Being down Cooper and only taking West next class if KJ could get back in the fold, that would be better for our numbers/talent level.

The staff has come up with some of the best looking receivers we have had in a great while. I think they will find more so if we lose KJ it is is not such a big deal. Things have really changed.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 14m
Milford scrimmaged Hudson Valley CC today. RT @KJWilliams2: Game winning TD catch!! Startin off the season clutch #MilfordAcademy
The big ? with KJ is the one we all know. We he come to the Orange? It might come down to what he sees out of his position this season.KJ is very much like Mike Williams in ability and maybe personality. If he comes here and stars he will be gone in a flash. This might happen regardless of where he ends up.

I wish this thread would disappear because I hate the typo in the title

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom