Class of 2014 - WR K.J. Williams to East Mississippi CC | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 WR K.J. Williams to East Mississippi CC

Yeah, good point...i mean he literally had life by the balls about a year ago being the top WR recruit for a team in need of more options at the position. Sad that you can see this kids future derailing right in front of us. Wish someone would help him get his act together, cause he could be special athletically.

Reminds me of that WR prospect we landed from Utica a couple of years ago, Deandre Preaster. I wonder what even became of him.

Edit: all it took was a quick google search to find several articles about him getting arrested for various crimes the last few years. Sounds like he's got quite a rap sheet: http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=744353

Last edited:
TexanMark said:
My guess (just a guess--no background info) Drugs That tends to get you released quickly.

Too much tailgating.

I just can't see this ending with him at SU. I have to think this is the last nail in the coffin.

Stranger things have happened, but seems like the ship has sailed.

He'll never last at Cuse even if he somehow ever got to campus.

Time to move on to someone who can contribute to the program.

Reminds me of that WR prospect we landed from Utica a couple of years ago, Deandre Preaster. I wonder what even became of him.

Edit: all it took was a quick google search. This is just one article--sounds like he's got quite a rap sheet: http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=744353
Sorry my first post. Maybe this guy ends up like Preaster or maybe Randy Moss. If it's pot, do you take the chance.

I simply can't believe that good people here without knowledge of this situation are throwing around wild speculation about what happened with him and basically accusing him of being a drug addict. Imo, its negative and not right on a popular public message board.

I don't pretend to know someone based upon their public persona and their press clippings. I also try hard as hell not to judge 17 - 22 year old kids knowing I was that age once and made a lot of poor choices.

I wish him all the luck moving forward and hope he figures out his way whether it's at SU or not.

Last edited:
Sorry my first post. Maybe this guy ends up like Preaster or maybe Randy Moss. If it's pot, do you take the chance.

Maybe he can start a Thursday night card game with Preaster and Andrey Baskin.

Edit: all it took was a quick google search. This is just one article--sounds like he's got quite a rap sheet: http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=744353
What a waste. So many kids throw away a great chance to change their lives and make something of themselves.

I don't know if anyone saw but he tweeted how Aj was doing good, then a fan tweeted KJ telling him we want him at Cuse and KJ's response was "I'll be there" this is a roller coaster of a recruitment.

Edit: all it took was a quick google search to find several articles about him getting arrested for various crimes the last few years. Sounds like he's got quite a rap sheet: http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=744353
DeAndre failed to graduate from Proctor High.

I don't know if anyone saw but he tweeted how Aj was doing good, then a fan tweeted KJ telling him we want him at Cuse and KJ's response was "I'll be there" this is a roller coaster of a recruitment.

Would love to know how he is getting here if didn't qualify out of HS and got kicked out of his prep program

Would love to know how he is getting here if didn't qualify out of HS and got kicked out of his prep program

If he graduated from high school, then all it would take is for him to get a high enough qualifying score on one of the standardized college placement tests. You don't have to be in prep school to take those.

If he didn't graduate, or didn't fulfill enough core courses at the high school level, then he'd need the prep school courses to substitute for items on the checklist he didn't complete.

I'm not defending him, btw, just pointing out how he could still qualify now, despite the prep school situation.

If he graduated from high school, then all it would take is for him to get a high enough qualifying score on one of the standardized college placement tests. You don't have to be in prep school to take those.

If he didn't graduate, or didn't fulfill enough core courses at the high school level, then he'd need the prep school courses to substitute for items on the checklist he didn't complete.

I'm not defending him, btw, just pointing out how he could still qualify now, despite the prep school situation.
Let's not forget our star basketball recruit made it here despite being dismissed from his prep school.

basically all the kid did was smoke some dope to get kicked off the team.

if he was robbing houses or robbing people then I would say for sure screw him.

if he does make it I am sure Shafer will cut no slack for another violation

Do you think he was watching Ish thinking why can't that be me?

This kid has had more than one chance. In high school he needed to focus enough to get the score he needed and didn't do it. Then he needed to focus at Milford so he could get to SU this winter. He got tossed. Time to move on

This kid has had more than one chance. In high school he needed to focus enough to get the score he needed and didn't do it. Then he needed to focus at Milford so he could get to SU this winter. He got tossed. Time to move on
Reason he got canned is not as important as the fact that now it is difficult for him to become eligible academically. It probably is also a knock on his maturity and character, when you know the possible consequences and still do something stupid it says a lot.

Do you think he was watching Ish thinking why can't that be me?

Sure do.

But I think the kicker was AJ and his showing that has him thinking hard.

KJ tweeted out about AJ and his performance. Kid now knows he really messed up an opportunity. I truly believe that.

I would think Junior College would be his next step? Guess depends what scores he needs to improve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom