WWE Thread | Page 111 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

I have the Peacock and will watch old stuff on there. Is the Mysterio match father vs. son?

It was reported that this match fell apart a couple weeks back (not on WWE TV), and that it would not be happening. Apparently there is some issue with Bray right now - apparently he is not happy about something (Creative?) and he is off TV and may be leaving. So this recent Bray comeback that started hot (even if I was not it) has come to an abrupt end without much of anything happening. I won't miss him if he leaves, but I know many are big on him.

I guess it was officially acknowledged by the WWE tonight when they showed Lashley will be in the 20 Man Battle Royal. Sort of a waste of Lashley, but they probably didn't have much of an alternative to build anyhing in time.
I just think the supernatural stuff is just dumb. I never cared much about the Undertaker for the same reason.

I don’t know why they keep going to that well with Bray. Seemed to me that he was more over for a longer time under his original gimmick in like 2013-14?

I just think the supernatural stuff is just dumb. I never cared much about the Undertaker for the same reason.

I don’t know why they keep going to that well with Bray. Seemed to me that he was more over for a longer time under his original gimmick in like 2013-14?

Bray since he became the fiend is the worst character ever. Just awful

Alright, I do not watch the product at all, save for catching the PPVs and YouTubing the Bloodline stuff, and occasionally seeing something else on YouTube if it’s in my stream and peaks my interest.

My rooting interests:

• Austin Theory (c) vs. John Cena – WWE United States Championship match
Cena.
  • Seth Rollins vs. Logan Paul
Ugh. Double count out.

Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Rhea Ripley – WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship match

Ripley.

Roman Reigns (c) vs. Cody Rhodes – Undisputed WWE Universal Championship match

Rhodes.

Bianca Belair (c) vs. Asuka – WWE Raw Women’s Championship match

Bianca
  • Brock Lesnar vs. Omos
Omos.
  • Gunther (c) vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Sheamus – WWE Intercontinental Championship match
Sheamus
  • Becky Lynch, Lita and Trish Stratus vs. Damage CTRL (Bayley, Dakota Kai and IYO SKY)
Team Bayley

Edge vs. Finn Balor – Hell in a Cell

Edge
  • The Usos (c) vs. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn – Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship match
Owens and Zayn
  • Braun Stroman and Ricochet vs. Viking Raiders vs. Street Profits vs. Alpha Academy – Men’s WrestleMania Showcase fatal four-way tag team match
….I don’t know who most of them are.
  • Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriguez vs. Natalya and Shotzi vs. Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler vs. Chelsea Green and Sonya Deville – Women’s WrestleMania Showcase fatal four-way tag team match
Liv and Raquel
  • Rey Mysterio vs. Dominik Mysterio
Rey

FYI: Here are the cards for today and tomorrow.

Saturday afternoon...
Screenshot_20230401-094054_Twitter.jpg

Saturday night...
Screenshot_20230401-093942_Twitter.jpg

Sunday night...
Screenshot_20230401-094001_Twitter.jpg

FYI: Here are the cards for today and tomorrow.

Saturday afternoon...
View attachment 226578

Saturday night...
View attachment 226579

Sunday night...
View attachment 226580
Solid. There’s 4 matches I care about on both days, so they did a good job splitting them up.

I don’t think Cena-Theory should be the headliner today though. Charlotte-Ripley would be a better choice, and Sami/Owens-Usos would be the best choice.

Solid. There’s 4 matches I care about on both days, so they did a good job splitting them up.

I don’t think Cena-Theory should be the headliner today though. Charlotte-Ripley would be a better choice, and Sami/Owens-Usos would be the best choice.
I'm pretty sure that Cena-Theory will be the opening match tonight.

I'd say Charlotte/Rhea will be the main event Saturday.. unless they go Sammy/KO vs Usos.

I’ve heard conflicting reports about Cena-Theory having the opening match. Assuming that’s true, I hope the tag team match is the main event because I can see it going on right before a Charlotte-Ripley main event and completely sucking any pop from that match.

I'm pretty sure that Cena-Theory will be the opening match tonight.

I'd say Charlotte/Rhea will be the main event Saturday.. unless they go Sammy/KO vs Usos.
Ah, ok. Just assumed the way it was bolded that meant it was the headliner.

I think it would be a great choice as the opener.

I wouldn’t be mad at either of the other 2 main eventing. I think the tag match has way more “story” and is way more important to the overall big picture.

But Charlotte and Ripley seems a lock to be a great match, and Charlotte is the biggest star of any of them and could be well set up for Ripley to really become a star.

Cena and Theory has been announced by WWE as the opener tonight. I guess John wants to get out of town asap.

I would main event tonight with the tag title match. I think WWE likes the idea of having the women main event one of the nights, and its not a ridiculous decision to do it. But wouldnt be my choice

Alright, I do not watch the product at all, save for catching the PPVs and YouTubing the Bloodline stuff, and occasionally seeing something else on YouTube if it’s in my stream and peaks my interest.

My rooting interests:

• Austin Theory (c) vs. John Cena – WWE United States Championship match
Cena.
  • Seth Rollins vs. Logan Paul
Ugh. Double count out.

Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Rhea Ripley – WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship match

Ripley.

Roman Reigns (c) vs. Cody Rhodes – Undisputed WWE Universal Championship match

Rhodes.

Bianca Belair (c) vs. Asuka – WWE Raw Women’s Championship match

Bianca
  • Brock Lesnar vs. Omos
Omos.
  • Gunther (c) vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Sheamus – WWE Intercontinental Championship match
Sheamus
  • Becky Lynch, Lita and Trish Stratus vs. Damage CTRL (Bayley, Dakota Kai and IYO SKY)
Team Bayley

Edge vs. Finn Balor – Hell in a Cell

Edge
  • The Usos (c) vs. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn – Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship match
Owens and Zayn
  • Braun Stroman and Ricochet vs. Viking Raiders vs. Street Profits vs. Alpha Academy – Men’s WrestleMania Showcase fatal four-way tag team match
….I don’t know who most of them are.
  • Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriguez vs. Natalya and Shotzi vs. Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler vs. Chelsea Green and Sonya Deville – Women’s WrestleMania Showcase fatal four-way tag team match
Liv and Raquel
  • Rey Mysterio vs. Dominik Mysterio
Rey
Theory wins - going to get a push

Rollins wins - he's voiced his displeasure with his development and Paul contract TBD (they of course will bring him back)

Rhea wins - she's going to keep being pushed as she should be.

Rhodes wins - think they are going to give Roman an extended break.

Belair wins - she will end up in a feud with Rhea or Charlotte

Omos wins - Brock going away for a bit

Sheamus wins - going to get a push

Bayley wins - may end up challenging Rhea

Balor wins - going to get a push

Owens and Zayn win - both will get a push

Profits win - no feel for them

Team Liv win - Liv is a fan favorite

Dom wins - Hunter loves him

With Roman and Brock stepping away for a bit, gives an opportunity to get some fresh faces chasing Cody for the title. Theory, Rollins, Sheamus, Gunther, Balor, Omos

The women's division will have just as much opportunity to infuse some excitement as well.

Last edited:
Gunther and Rhodes had a nice singles match basically as final two in Rumble. Could be a nice feud. WWE has gone awhile with a heel champ so maybe they'll give Cody a long run with it and build some heels up for him.

The HOF was like scheduling a party but forgetting to send the invitations. No offense to Kieber, Muta and Rey - they all deserve to be in. But none are really headliners that made it must see tv.

The HOF was like scheduling a party but forgetting to send the invitations. No offense to Kieber, Muta and Rey - they all deserve to be in. But none are really headliners that made it must see tv.
Does the show start at 5? I paid for peacock. At only $5 totally worth it!

Does the show start at 5? I paid for peacock. At only $5 totally worth it!
Yeah, to me the $5 is a no brainer for anyone who even casually watches or ever liked wrestling. It’s cheap, and so much is on there and even if you don’t care much about it currently, the PPVS can still be fun - especially if nothing else is on(aka UConn basketball)

Keibler will forever be must see TV for me, lol.

Not sure how I feel about them using Rey’s ceremony to further an angle.

There’s not too many I’ll truly care about at this point. Most of my childhood favorites are in, and that’s when I had the strongest connection to the product. Jericho’s eventual induction will be a big deal to me. But not much else left, to be honest.

Yeah, to me the $5 is a no brainer for anyone who even casually watches or ever liked wrestling. It’s cheap, and so much is on there and even if you don’t care much about it currently, the PPVS can still be fun - especially if nothing else is on(aka UConn basketball)
Being able to watch old PPVs is worth the price several times over

Does AJ Styles still wrestle, and if so - why is he not on the card?

Does AJ Styles still wrestle, and if so - why is he not on the card?
Lots of guys who were injured for a while are typically held over til after Mania to promote the “new” season. I expect Styles, Riddle, Orton and others to make appearances in the next week or two.

Lots of guys who were injured for a while are typically held over til after Mania to promote the “new” season. I expect Styles, Riddle, Orton and others to make appearances in the next week or two.
Yeah, I knew was Orton was out. Just hadn’t heard about Styles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom