WWE Thread | Page 110 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

I do enjoy the current weasel version of Dom Mysterio. No star or anything, but at least he creates amusement and some entertainment.

Before the turn, any time he had on TV was face palm material. He was terrible.

The Heyman-Cody interactions are fine ... they are probably the best way of building up heat. Heyman had a few zingers a few weeks back. But the fact that Heyman interacting with Cody is the best way to build heat does speak some volumes.

The program is certainly limited because there is no story between Reigns-Cody as of now to generate such heat in such a little time.

Although I suppose its a destination story, and not a feud story... both can work went done well...but a feud story (Sami) will always be certain degrees better when done well.

So while I was walking today I let my mind wander to Sami booking.

Right or wrong (probably wrong on the WWE's part) I don't think the WWE intends to give him the title in the short term (i.e by end of WM 39). They are probably going the tag route, and at least they are setting that up well tonight by setting up a good story to get there... even if should have been higher ambitions for Sami.

But let's say it is their intention to make Sami champ by end of WM. If they had Sami win on Saturday, they would have set up a Sami/Cody match at WM 39 with Sami defending the title. That doesn't make much sense either. They would have to come up with a different path to get there as well. Let's hope they find that path, but not holding out hope.

Hope what they give us is good.

If they weren't going to give Sami the title on Saturday I can't imagine any way they're giving him the title at Mania. Saturday was THE night.

If they wanted to give him the title at Mania, you would probably have to speed up the Sami/KO story and have the two of them win the tag titles in Montreal before moving to Sami and Roman at Mania.

But let's say it is their intention to make Sami champ by end of WM. If they had Sami win on Saturday, they would have set up a Sami/Cody match at WM 39 with Sami defending the title. That doesn't make much sense either. They would have to come up with a different path to get there as well. Let's hope they find that path, but not holding out hope.
Triple threat is the easiest solution. They did it a few years back with Becky Lynch, Charlotte Flair and Ronda Rousey. No reason they couldn’t do it in this situation now. But with the KO stuff, looks like HHH is sticking with Cody as the chosen one and Sami to be a tag team star. Let’s see if there is any blowback come April.

Brock - Omos at WM39... uggh. I figured Omos was dead as a character after HHH arrived... he disappeared for a while.

Also looks like Bray-Lashley.

I guess they can't all be great.

If they weren't going to give Sami the title on Saturday I can't imagine any way they're giving him the title at Mania. Saturday was THE night.

If they wanted to give him the title at Mania, you would probably have to speed up the Sami/KO story and have the two of them win the tag titles in Montreal before moving to Sami and Roman at Mania.

I'm not disagreeing that in theory Saturday seemed like THE night.

My point is though that it would then lead to a path of Sami-Cody at WM... which is less than ideal, and WM is still the show. If Sami was their answer (which I don't beleive it is), they are then in a quandry as well, because they screw up their biggest show.

I honestly think even the idea of making it a 3 way at mania would come off a little flat. Though it would kinda be the reverse of the mania 35 3 way, since Charlotte was thrown in there even though the match everyone wanted to see was Becky and Ronda.

Rey Mysterio unmasking and Kevin Nash putting his little mask on his stupid face was one of the lower points of WCW.

They really did their best to devalue everything, while old and lazy guys raked in the the dough while disrespecting everyone and everything else.

Does anybody else see a correlation between Ric Flair and Jim Boeheim?

They’re both legends who harmed their legacies by not stepping away from the spotlight when it was clear their time was up.
Except at least we didn't have to see JB compete in a speedo.

The bloodline angle is and has been really good.

Heyman is still an absolute GOAT.
When you think how he's built the hottest angles in WWE over the years, including having a key role in creative, especially for Brock and the the Bloodline, I can't think of anyone more valuable.

Not to mention, I was, and remain, a huge ECW mark.

When you think how he's built the hottest angles in WWE over the years, including having a key role in creative, especially for Brock and the the Bloodline, I can't think of anyone more valuable.

Not to mention, I was, and remain, a huge ECW mark.
I had some friends growing up that loved ECW. Big Sabu fans.

We are less than a week until Wrestlemania. Pretty good 2-night card. Here are the confirmed matches...
Undisputed WWE Universal championship -- Roman Reigns (c) vs. Cody Rhodes

SmackDown Women's championship -- Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Rhea Ripley

Raw Women's championship -- Bianca Belair (c) vs. Asuka

Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship -- The Usos (c) vs. Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens

Brock Lesnar vs. Omos

Seth Rollins vs. Logan Paul

United States Championship -- Austin Theory (c) vs. John Cena

Becky Lynch, Lita & Trish Stratus vs. Damage CTRL

Edge vs. Finn Balor (Hell in a Cell)

Intercontinental Championship -- Gunther (c) vs. Sheamus vs. Drew McIntyre

Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriguez vs. Natalya and Shotzi vs. Ronda Rousey and Shayna Bazler vs. TBA and TBA

Braun Strowman & Ricochet vs. The Street Profits vs. Alpha Academy vs. Viking Raiders

Dominik Mysterio vs. Rey Mysterio

This one isn't confirmed yet but has been in the works for a while now...
Bobby Lashley vs. Bray Wyatt

Not a very exciting HOF class thus far...
Rey Mysterio, The Great Muta, Andy Kaufman.

NXT Stand and Deliver is also during Wrestlemania weekend...
Bron Breakker defends the NXT Championship against Carmelo Hayes, a Ladder Match determines the NXT Women's Champion, Fallon Henley & Kiana James defend the NXT Women's Tag Team Titles against Isla Dawn & Alba Fyre, Wes Lee defends the North American Championship in a Fatal 5-Way, Johnny Gargano faces Grayson Waller, and more!

We are less than a week until Wrestlemania. Pretty good 2-night card. Here are the confirmed matches...
Undisputed WWE Universal championship -- Roman Reigns (c) vs. Cody Rhodes

SmackDown Women's championship -- Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Rhea Ripley

Raw Women's championship -- Bianca Belair (c) vs. Asuka

Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship -- The Usos (c) vs. Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens

Brock Lesnar vs. Omos

Seth Rollins vs. Logan Paul

United States Championship -- Austin Theory (c) vs. John Cena

Becky Lynch, Lita & Trish Stratus vs. Damage CTRL

Edge vs. Finn Balor (Hell in a Cell)

Intercontinental Championship -- Gunther (c) vs. Sheamus vs. Drew McIntyre

Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriguez vs. Natalya and Shotzi vs. Ronda Rousey and Shayna Bazler vs. TBA and TBA

Braun Strowman & Ricochet vs. The Street Profits vs. Alpha Academy vs. Viking Raiders

Dominik Mysterio vs. Rey Mysterio

Not a very exciting HOF class thus far...
Rey Mysterio, The Great Muta, Andy Kaufman.

NXT Stand and Deliver is also during Wrestlemania weekend...
Bron Breakker defends the NXT Championship against Carmelo Hayes, a Ladder Match determines the NXT Women's Champion, Fallon Henley & Kiana James defend the NXT Women's Tag Team Titles against Isla Dawn & Alba Fyre, Wes Lee defends the North American Championship in a Fatal 5-Way, Johnny Gargano faces Grayson Waller, and more!
That's not a bad show. I'll probably watch some of it now that I see the lineup. But yes, pretty underwhelming HOF class even with another WWE diva rumored to be added.

That's not a bad show. I'll probably watch some of it now that I see the lineup. But yes, pretty underwhelming HOF class even with another WWE diva rumored to be added.
I’ll probably watch, but not live. It’s just too long and there’s way too much time between matches where nothing happens. I’ll watch when I can skip all the dead time.

I’ll probably watch, but not live. It’s just too long and there’s way too much time between matches where nothing happens. I’ll watch when I can skip all the dead time.
Good call. I'm not going to watch it over the Final 4

You watch on peacock?

It was reported that this match fell apart a couple weeks back (not on WWE TV), and that it would not be happening. Apparently there is some issue with Bray right now - apparently he is not happy about something (Creative?) and he is off TV and may be leaving. So this recent Bray comeback that started hot (even if I was not it) has come to an abrupt end without much of anything happening. I won't miss him if he leaves, but I know many are big on him.

I guess it was officially acknowledged by the WWE tonight when they showed Lashley will be in the 20 Man Battle Royal. Sort of a waste of Lashley, but they probably didn't have much of an alternative to build anyhing in time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom