WWE Thread | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

Holy Chit is the unintentional comedy.

I feel sorry for them. They have to write stuff that Vince will approve (forgot to mention that in the video for some reason). Vince could just put Triple H or Paul Heyman in charge and stay out of it and watch the money roll in, but he thinks he knows what the audience wants better than the audience does.

What’s this Goldberg v ‘Taker stuff today?

What’s this Goldberg v ‘Taker stuff today?

I’m guessing this is the Saudi Arabia show where they pay Vince a boatload of money and demand big names on the card, so Vince pony’s up to get the old guys to wrestle because they’re the only big names out there.

I’m guessing this is the Saudi Arabia show where they pay Vince a boatload of money and demand big names on the card, so Vince pony’s up to get the old guys to wrestle because they’re the only big names out there.
Blood Money in the Bank.

These shows in Saudi Arabia are a disgrace for the demands Vince gives to the Saudis in exchange for them covering all the money he has lost from house shows/attendance at TV events and PPV.

Blood Money in the Bank.

These shows in Saudi Arabia are a disgrace for the demands Vince gives to the Saudis in exchange for them covering all the money he has lost from house shows/attendance at TV events and PPV.

I will say I watched some of Raw for probably the first time in months and enjoyed HHH and Orton’s interaction. Orton looked like he was legit trying not to crack up.

But even that matchup feels pointless. I’m not a fan of thrown together events with random matches that haven’t been built.

I saw the ending on twitter and my god Goldberg did what he did that ended Bret Hart’s career to Undertaker.
If Goldberg ever wrestles again WWE is insane that was dangerous and Callous is definitely in the concussion protocol after that.

I saw the ending on twitter and my god Goldberg did what he did that ended Bret Hart’s career to Undertaker.
If Goldberg ever wrestles again WWE is insane that was dangerous and Callous is definitely in the concussion protocol after that.

Seriously? Ugh. I forget what match it was(Lesnar?) but Taker looked horrible and their were rumors he got concussed a few years ago.

Goldberg was never a real wrestler even at his peak anyway. He just did squash matches, but he wasn’t any kind of a worker. He has no business being in there 20 years later, unless he’s just doing his awesome entrance and a squash.

Glad they had Shane beat Roman. If anyone needs a push it's definitely Shano. Always good to have him beat your top guys.

Glad they had Shane beat Roman. If anyone needs a push it's definitely Shano. Always good to have him beat your top guys.
Shane McMahon in Saudi Arabia = Undertaker at WM.

I mean my god I am glad Roman did a job but to freaking Shane and not a guy who could used that win for legitimacy is just Vince.

Seriously? Lol. Can’t make this stuff up. Shane just beat Miz like every time didn’t he?

I saw he made somebody tap out on Raw recently, like he’s some legit MMA guy. Lmao. What a joke.

Vince was awesome as the heel boss 20 years ago. Stephanie is cool when she really heels it up consistently. Shane...sucks. At everything. I don’t see anything there. Never got it why WWE fans liked him.

Seriously? Lol. Can’t make this stuff up. Shane just beat Miz like every time didn’t he?

I saw he made somebody tap out on Raw recently, like he’s some legit MMA guy. Lmao. What a joke.

Vince was awesome as the heel boss 20 years ago. Stephanie is cool when she really heels it up consistently. Shane...sucks. At everything. I don’t see anything there. Never got it why WWE fans liked him.
Vince had Shane go heel because the fans loved Shane and Vince wanted those “smelly” and “ disgusting” fans have to boo who they liked.

Vince had Shane go heel because the fans loved Shane and Vince wanted those “smelly” and “ disgusting” fans have to boo who they liked.

I really don’t “get” how they’re using Shane. He’s the average 50 year old male physically, not all that good of a talker, not all that charismatic, kinda boring. Willing to take insane bumps was cool when he was 30, but is cringeworthy when he’s 50. You just hope he doesn’t get seriously hurt. He’s not really a good heel or face or authority figure or performer. He should be in the background and get involved short term for the occasional nostalgia pop. What the hell are they doing with him, and why? He’s not Vince. He’s not Stephanie either. Get him outta there.

I really don’t “get” how they’re using Shane. He’s the average 50 year old male physically, not all that good of a talker, not all that charismatic, kinda boring. Willing to take insane bumps was cool when he was 30, but is cringeworthy when he’s 50. You just hope he doesn’t get seriously hurt. He’s not really a good heel or face or authority figure or performer. He should be in the background and get involved short term for the occasional nostalgia pop. What the hell are they doing with him, and why? He’s not Vince. He’s not Stephanie either. Get him outta there.
Vince thinks it’s good chit what the creative is doing with Shane.

It’s amazing how out of control he has become.

Vince thinks it’s good chit what the creative is doing with Shane.

It’s amazing how out of control he has become.

lol, it makes no sense. I can’t even venture a clue on what he sees on a lot of this stuff at this point. Everybody gets old. He’s gotta step aside, but we know he almost certainly can’t.

Overall the Super Showdown was meh. The last match was definitely Botchemania. Cringed a few times. They both looked bad with their finishers and it looked like the other could've been seriously hurt. And Taker was not pleased in the end despite the win. Finisher fail. I'll post a couple clips for those that didn't watch...

Shane is just so bad. The guy is sweating buckets at all times.

Goldberg-Taker was just awful. I know Goldberg got knocked out, but that match wasn't gonna be anything but awful no matter what.

And what is going on with the MITB?? My god

From PWInsider, Apparently WWE is offering upgrades to the lower level to those fans with upper level seats Stomping Grounds tonight. Much of the side of the arena that WWE is shooting their cameras from is cordoned off with curtains and not being used for fan seating.

Also apparently Vince has decided that matches on Raw and Smackdown will end within the same segment and not run over the course of multiple segments with commercials in the middle. So basically shorter matches

From PWInsider, Apparently WWE is offering upgrades to the lower level to those fans with upper level seats Stomping Grounds tonight. Much of the side of the arena that WWE is shooting their cameras from is cordoned off with curtains and not being used for fan seating.

Also apparently Vince has decided that matches on Raw and Smackdown will end within the same segment and not run over the course of multiple segments with commercials in the middle. So basically shorter matches

Yeah, that'll suck for the fans who are at the event. Those commercial breaks have been 4 minute blocks. I agree that the matches lose steam to the TV audience b/c of the commercial breaks, and they've also sucked for the live audiences b/c 'Rest Hold City'. Vince isn't solving problems now, he's plugging holes in the dike. Problem is, the holes spring up elsewhere.

BTW, Dave Meltzer writes that this will mean a lot of 2 out of three falls matches, and some elimination matches.

Last edited:
Supposedly 3,500 was the attendance for Raw last night? Wow.

Keep pushing Shane McMahon and Baron Corbin, that oughta put butts in the seats.

The Tacoma Dome seats about 20 K. They sold about 4,000 tickets for the PPV and gave away 4000 more. If they had to depend on house show revenue, they'd have already replaced Vince, CEO or no CEO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom