WWE Thread | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

This is a start.. and a good one imo. Heyman will kill Bischoff, but this a big step in the right direction. Someone needs to take care of accounting for Heyman (reason ECW went out of business) and hope Bischoff succeeds as Smackdown really needs it, especially going to Fox. Last line though... still have to report Vince.

Last edited:
This could be big--if Vince relinquishes creative control over the scripting of the shows. At least it shows that someone over there recognizes the big problems they have.
The biggest problem right now is Vince writing the scripts and thinking he knows what is good TV.

They don’t create any storylines for advancing anyone up the ladder.
You either are installed at the top or not.
Then you get 50/50 booking unless you are a chosen one and your credibility goes down the tube.
Very few guys would have done what Daniel Bryan did for Kofi.
Part of Rollins problem is the Lesnar factor just being around him.
Plus Vince wants to continue pushing Roman as the guy and is using his son and long game as the authority figure to get Roman cheered.
It’s disgraceful what they have done with guys with talent like Miz/Samoa Joe/ Bray Wyatt hell even the boring Randy Orton is better than Baron bleeping Corbin.
Plus Vince is obsessed with R Truth because that guy will say whatever Vince writes and entertains the boss.
I can’t even read the entire summaries of shows anymore because of how bad the stories are.

BTW, that Justin Barasso guy who wrote the story must have just emerged from the Hyperbolic Chamber. 'Scintillating', 'unfathomable', and 'immortal', just for starters? Who, exactly, is paying his salary?

You know, Heyman was named 'Booker Of The Year' several times by the Wrestling Observer for his work with ECW. If Vince let him book not just the show, but the stories and angles for the Raw roster, I think the show would become watchable again real fast.

And house show attendance would improve as well.

You know, Heyman was named 'Booker Of The Year' several times by the Wrestling Observer for his work with ECW. If Vince let him book not just the show, but the stories and angles for the Raw roster, I think the show would become watchable again real fast.

Heyman had Smackdown beating Raw in the mid 2000s as head writer.
Vince got pissed his flag ship wasn’t top dog so he started messing Heyman who was head writer and got Heyman so angry he quit and Smackdown became garbage and Vince was happy.

The guy is so out of touch now something has to change and finally it has.

Not sure when they officially go into their new roles. Hopefully sooner than later. Vince still gets his Taker (yes, Undertaker came out on Raw this week)/Roman vs. Shane/McIntyre match at the next PPV.

Heyman had Smackdown beating Raw in the mid 2000s as head writer.
Vince got pissed his flag ship wasn’t top dog so he started messing Heyman who was head writer and got Heyman so angry he quit and Smackdown became garbage and Vince was happy.

The guy is so out of touch now something has to change and finally it has.

We don't yet know how much this will change. Until/unless Vince relinquishes creative control to Heyman, we're just hoping.

maybe they'll let Heyman recreate the chair shot heard around the world

Not sure about Bischoff as a creative guy. He can be a good on screen character, but creatively? One all time great idea(that wasn’t 100% original, but that’s ok) that he ran into the ground for about 3 years too long.

Heyman, I would think still has it though.

At least they recognize that their biggest problem is behind the curtain. We’ll see what this brings.

Last edited:
Dave Meltzer is skeptical of the moves. He mentioned that Paul Heyman had been put in similar situations w/Vince twice, and it didn't work. Oil and water.

And Meltzer thinks that Bischoff is completely out of touch with the current wrestling product, and wasn't all that great to begin with.

He and Bryan Alvarez then raised the issue that this could be viewed as a big FU to Triple H.

Not to mention, it's not clear at all as to what autonomy either Heyman or Bischoff will have.

BTW, that Justin Barasso guy who wrote the story must have just emerged from the Hyperbolic Chamber. 'Scintillating', 'unfathomable', and 'immortal', just for starters? Who, exactly, is paying his salary?

It's basically a WWE press release

I think this is gonna work out really poorly. And I doubt Vince is actually giving up control anyway

Dropping PG television ratings

Attempting to bring back Attitude Era?

Dropping PG television ratings

Attempting to bring back Attitude Era?
They don’t even need to go full attitude Era.
Just go back to the 2005-2008 stuff and stop with 50/50 booking and develop people.

They don’t even need to go full attitude Era.
Just go back to the 2005-2008 stuff and stop with 50/50 booking and develop people.
Think their issue is that they don't have skilled mic wrestlers that can create and carry a story line on their own

Just spit balling here and I could be 100% wrong, but to me:

There's no People's Champion, or DX, or hell even a Val Venus type mic / creativity level currently.

There's no Double J or Mick Foley type out there

I don't know. I just think the development has lagged and the talent scouting has missed on some potential prospects who are now shining elsewhere

Think their issue is that they don't have skilled mic wrestlers that can create and carry a story line on their own

There's no People's Champion, or DX, or hell even a Val Venus type mic / creativity level currently.

I don't know. I just think the development has lagged and the talent scouting has missed on some potential prospects who are now shining elsewhere

I think they have a lot of very talented people, but the way the shows are put together they don't have the chance to show it.

Any time I see just about any of the main roster people in stuff that isn't on tv (like anything they post on twitter, or show on the network) they come off as much more charismatic,, likable, and just human.

That is on Triple H then but I don’t necessarily agree.
I think Owens and Zayn are money on the mic, same for Bryan, Elias and Miz.

The problem is the promos are so scripted it’s impossible to show how good you are on the mic.
Nobody can ad lib except Cena.

The promos mostly feel like they came straight from their video games: bad actors reading corny scripts. There’s no creativity or spontaneity. There’s only a few who stand out on the mic. Alexa Bliss. Miz. Maybe a couple more.

The wrestlers mostly look like generic, cookie cutter “create a wrestler #6” from the video games too. I kinda miss when a guy like Mick Foley or Greg the Hammer Valentine “looked like a wrestler”.

The matches too often resemble gymnastics. The false finishes jumped the shark years ago. Even the supposed “great workers” aren’t that good to me, compared to the Bret Hart’s, Chris Benoit’s, Kurt Angle’s, Randy Savage’s, etc. It’s a style thing.

The camera work drives me nuts and takes me out of matches too. Way too much going on. Too polished. Common theme.

The promos mostly feel like they came straight from their video games: bad actors reading corny scripts. There’s no creativity or spontaneity. There’s only a few who stand out on the mic. Alexa Bliss. Miz. Maybe a couple more.

The wrestlers mostly look like generic, cookie cutter “create a wrestler #6” from the video games too. I kinda miss when a guy like Mick Foley or Greg the Hammer Valentine “looked like a wrestler”.

The matches too often resemble gymnastics. The false finishes jumped the shark years ago. Even the supposed “great workers” aren’t that good to me, compared to the Bret Hart’s, Chris Benoit’s, Kurt Angle’s, Randy Savage’s, etc. It’s a style thing.

The camera work drives me nuts and takes me out of matches too. Way too much going on. Too polished. Common theme.
To me The Miz is self made

He had that drive and persona going back to Real World ... Dude was just destined to make it

I do think sometimes the finisher kick outs goes a little too far (of course, it's hilarious now with all the best of 3 fall matches, you get guys losing right away as opposed to kicking out a million finishers) but in some ways it almost seems like the genie is out of the bottle now; that's a way to get the crowd into it, and pretty much no one buys the first finisher ending any kind of a big match.

On the bolded part, I think that's a big reason Otis from Heavy Machinery is getting over.

I’m an 80’s/90’s WWF/WCW/ECW mark... rarely do I tune in to Raw these days. Last time I did this past spring for about 20 minutes the episode was panned by a couple on this board as one of the worst ever. Yeah, it was awful.

Checked in tonight, and it was a reunion episode. Bringing back some older guys. Caught Sgt. Slaughter and RVD (The Whole F’n Show!), and I was hooked. DVR’d the replay that is currently airing. Hope they did this properly, I’ll watch in its entirety tomorrow.

I’m an 80’s/90’s WWF/WCW/ECW mark... rarely do I tune in to Raw these days. Last time I did this past spring for about 20 minutes the episode was panned by a couple on this board as one of the worst ever. Yeah, it was awful.

Checked in tonight, and it was a reunion episode. Bringing back some older guys. Caught Sgt. Slaughter and RVD (The Whole F’n Show!), and I was hooked. DVR’d the replay that is currently airing. Hope they did this properly, I’ll watch in its entirety tomorrow.

I watched most of the last two hours of it.

I loved the last segment of the show.

I thought the show was pretty terrible. An attempt, likely successful, to hotshot a rating. USA has really been pushing WWE. The 24/7 title was one of their ideas. Most of the cameos were pretty embarrassing, some were downright sad. And they did virtually nothing to build towards Summerslam. They had what could have been some great matches, but they rushed through them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom