WWE Thread | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

So another rumor is Vince McMahon made an a$$ of himself at Rocky Johnson’s funeral. So for Vince to remain in Rock’s good graces Nia Jax Rock’s relative is going to win the women’s Royal Rumble match.

So another rumor is Vince McMahon made an a$$ of himself at Rocky Johnson’s funeral. So for Vince to remain in Rock’s good graces Nia Jax Rock’s relative is going to win the women’s Royal Rumble match.

I had read several reports and it was pretty much confirmed that Vince and Pat Patterson made very unique speeches at the funeral. Seemed like the family didn't take it the wrong way but that may have just been publicly what they said. Be interesting if that comes to fruition.

Nope. Charlotte wins.

I know Charlotte’s constant success pisses many off, but I’ve never been one of them. She’s great IMO. Always puts on great matches and entertaining promos.

Nope. Charlotte wins.

I know Charlotte’s constant success pisses many off, but I’ve never been one of them. She’s great IMO. Always puts on great matches and entertaining promos.
If Charlotte had the promo abllity, charisma and workability to prop the other wrestlers up like Ric did that would be one thing but she has ZERO of these things. And she has almost as many title reigns as her dad in 1/10th of the time.

She didn’t need that win.

It’s now obvious Reigns is winning the men’s rumble.

If Charlotte had the promo abllity, charisma and workability to prop the other wrestlers up like Ric did that would be one thing but she has ZERO of these things. And she has almost as many title reigns as her dad in 1/10th of the time.

She didn’t need that win.

It’s now obvious Reigns is winning the men’s rumble.

IMO she’s a great promo as a heel. I don’t know why they waste time trying to make her a face so often.

Everybody post-98 or so has more title reigns than the guys that came prior to that. Rock had like 7 reigns in 3 years or something.

What did Hogan have, 5? 6? And he WAS the WWF for almost a decade.

The outrage if Reigns AND Charlotte win the rumbles, lol. Glad I don’t care enough about WWE now to get mad. I’m an AEW guy now.

Im still pulling for Samoa Joe to win it. He’s the best all around guy they’ve got IMO.

Lol commentator just stole the “Well obviously Daniel Bryan is thinking...I don’t know what the hell he’s thinking!” line from Major League II.

Terrible royal rumble match so far.

But they are hyping the 13 eliminations as the most ever. So either #14 or #15 will come in and eliminate him I suspect.

Good thing is I am getting some cleaning in during the empty match intervals.

Terrible royal rumble match so far.

But they are hyping the 13 eliminations as the most ever. So either #14 or #15 will come in and eliminate him I suspect.

Insanely boring. More pumping of Brock’s nads, as if there hasn’t been enough the last 5 years.

Shelton getting just a little bit of shine was the only cool thing so far.

By the way, Shelton is a far better performer than Brock and he should be the one heavily pushed as a “legit” athlete.

Edge even grew the hair long again. Last time I saw him he’d gone short hair. Makes you wonder if this has been in the works for awhile. He looks good!

SMH at the cameras missing his first spear though. Vince must be livid.

The second half of the Rumble was fairly solid. Did they have to do Brock dominating all the way to #15. Maybe up to #10 would have made more sense.

Insanely boring. More pumping of Brock’s nads, as if there hasn’t been enough the last 5 years.

Shelton getting just a little bit of shine was the only cool thing so far.

By the way, Shelton is a far better performer than Brock and he should be the one heavily pushed as a “legit” athlete.

And I think Shelton wouldn't mind showing up more than once a month and wrestling more than 5 minutes.

According to Dave Meltzer, Roman Reigns and Shayna Baszler were originally scheduled to win the Royal Rumbles.

I think the change to Drew was the right call, the change to Charlotte was the wrong call. They needed to put the rocket up someone's butt, and Drew is a great choice. I have no idea why they didn't do the same for Baszler.

Edge even grew the hair long again. Last time I saw him he’d gone short hair. Makes you wonder if this has been in the works for awhile. He looks good!

SMH at the cameras missing his first spear though. Vince must be livid.
Edge as a part timer could draw.
They definitely set up Styles vs. Edge for WM 36.

He looked older but was in great shape.
I am glad somebody new won.

Drew vs. Lesnar doesn’t do much for me because of how much of a bore Lesnar is.

I really don’t get Vince thinking Brock is a draw. He really isn’t. I mean I respect the fact the guy has mastered the working less and getting paid more but the guy has completely delegitimized the stature of wrestling belts.
The belts are supposed to help get guys over but Lesnar has just made them not even matter.

Vince listening to Kevin Dunn and Stephaine’s brand consultants have really hurt the long term for their company.

Nobody is over anymore. They preordained Reigns before the guy was a draw. Now they got no face if he company that transcends the product.

Last edited:
It appears that Styles was legit hurt, according to Meltzer. I THINK a shoulder. No word on the severity of the injury yet, but he's not a young guy.

Molly Holly suffered a head injury and, as has become all too common, stayed in the ring for quite some time before anybody picked up on it.

Edge has been in the works for a while. He was cleared and resigned several months ago. He was considering AEW before Vince offered more. Edge will likely work a similar schedule to Lesnar.

And yes, Styles was legit hurt on selling the Edge. spear landing awkwardly on his shoulder. The reason why he was eliminated earlier than was planned.

Edge has been in the works for a while. He was cleared and resigned several months ago. He was considering AEW before Vince offered more. Edge will likely work a similar schedule to Lesnar.

Yeah he also went from never being cleared to wrestle again to...totally fine! Surely a coincidence.

I dug the rumble for the most part (Both, really). Would've loved to see Keith Lee eliminate Brock

Looks like Samoa Joe got legit concussed last night.

And Andrade got popped for a 'wellness' violation. In MMA, that's a 2-year suspension. In WWE, it's 30 days.

And Andrade got popped for a 'wellness' violation. In MMA, that's a 2-year suspension. In WWE, it's 30 days.
And Heyman decided to keep the US strap on him while he is out. One of the guys he wants to push. Typically if you get popped for a wellness violation you lose in your way out...

Comparing the WWE to the MMA is not fair IMO. One is competitive and one is scripted. The other is also overseen by a fighting commission who also has gambling concerns.

Compared to other pro sports
NFL is 4 games
NHL is 20
NBA is 25

Also what is the AEW policy>

We can throw stones at the WWE, but I am not sure their policy is all that unreasonable given what else is out there.

After one week Edge is the most over star in the company.
Which speaks to how terrible booking has become.
Edge made himself into a draw in the Cena Era. That is the problem now Reigns is the guy and nobody has developed into a draw on their own.

Daniel Bryan did it years ago but he is just a glorified HBK from 2005 onward now.
Wyatt isn’t a draw. Rollins isn’t a draw. Kofi and Miz not draws.

Booking needs a gigantic overhaul. The talent is there.

After one week Edge is the most over star in the company.
Which speaks to how terrible booking has become.
Edge made himself into a draw in the Cena Era. That is the problem now Reigns is the guy and nobody has developed into a draw on their own.

Daniel Bryan did it years ago but he is just a glorified HBK from 2005 onward now.
Wyatt isn’t a draw. Rollins isn’t a draw. Kofi and Miz not draws.

Booking needs a gigantic overhaul. The talent is there.

His promo was great. But the Raw rating, including that last angle, was down significantly from last year's post-Royal Rumble show.

I think Raw is the better show, largely due to what Paul Heyman is trying to do. But the ratings are nothing but disappointing. So far, the WM build is not strong.

BTW, Meltzer reports that Ronda Rousey will not be involved in this year's Wrestlemania.

There’s no good reason that Joe and Owens aren’t both draws by now if they were treated right. AJ too.

Glad there’s no Rousey though. One MMA person running roughshod over their entire division and making everyone else look like clowns, is more than enough. Still irritated that Banks hasn’t gotten a major push and title run as a heel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom