WWE Thread | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

They’re going to do Banks-Bayley? Damn, bummer that it couldn’t be happening when there’s a crowd. These matches aren’t the same without it. I would’ve tuned back in for that feud. Still might. Banks is still my favorite.

I am not sure it would work out from the timing standpoint, but Becky's first match back at mania next year against Ronda would be pretty damn big

That would be epic. Guess it depends how long she wants to be out for and how long it will take her to get in shape. Think Mania is the earliest she could come back but wouldn’t be surprised if she takes the entire year and comes back at the 2022 Rumble. She can also go the part time route and just wrestle at major events like Brock.

They’re going to do Banks-Bayley? Damn, bummer that it couldn’t be happening when there’s a crowd. These matches aren’t the same without it. I would’ve tuned back in for that feud. Still might. Banks is still my favorite.

The build up has been incredibly slow. They keep putting Bayley into storylines with people like Naomi, Lacey Evans and Tamina. The seeds are being sown but could have gone at a much faster pace.

Programming Alert. Season finale of Darkside of the Ring this Tuesday the 19th on Vice. The Last Days of Owen Hart.

Programming Alert. Season finale of Darkside of the Ring this Tuesday the 19th on Vice. The Last Days of Owen Hart.

Not sure if I'll be able to watch that one. That was just a sad sad thing and to have the PPV continue was just a sick decision by VKM imho.

Not sure if I'll be able to watch that one. That was just a sad sad thing and to have the PPV continue was just a sick decision by VKM imho.

It’s actually pretty mind blowing that the show continued. I think, even moreso now. I mean...what???

Thought that the Road Warriors ep was the best episode of the season, with the Dr. D ep coming in 2nd. Didn't really care for the UWF episode, and the Snuka episode - which I had high hopes for - really didn't provide any new or insightful information (much like The Last Dance, IMO).

Thought that the Road Warriors ep was the best episode of the season, with the Dr. D ep coming in 2nd. Didn't really care for the UWF episode, and the Snuka episode - which I had high hopes for - really didn't provide any new or insightful information (much like The Last Dance, IMO).

I thought the best episode of the season was "The Brawl for All". The Snuka one obviously Vince paid off the law enforcement that was investigation the Snuka case also he covered up and paid off accusers in the Scandal with Pat Patterson (Who was fired then brought back shortly after to the company and has been employed with the company since then), Terry Garvin, and Mel Phillips. That would be a good episode for season 3.

Road Warrior Animal's book goes more in depth than the Road Warriors episode as many of those stories are in the book and then some. Really good read.

I thought the best episode of the season was "The Brawl for All". The Snuka one obviously Vince paid off the law enforcement that was investigation the Snuka case also he covered up and paid off accusers in the Scandal with Pat Patterson (Who was fired then brought back shortly after to the company and has been employed with the company since then), Terry Garvin, and Mel Phillips. That would be a good episode for season 3.

How could it be the best episode if it has Vince Russo in it :)

Undertaker is on PMT and Bill SImmons podcasts.

I think I will go with PMT.

the NWA's 2-3 zone is impenetrable.

Dusty giving Khalid El-Amin a run for his money, and Sting with the sweet no-look pass:

Edwin on Twitter

After a minute or two of watching: Windham and Dusty with poor shot selection. Luger with the shot fake and baseline drive looking like a ballplayer!

This is an amazing find, by the way.

After a minute or two of watching: Windham and Dusty with poor shot selection. Luger with the shot fake and baseline drive looking like a ballplayer!

This is an amazing find, by the way.

The physically imposing Luger with the sweet move, misses the bunny. Paul Harris, anyone?

It’s actually pretty mind blowing that the show continued. I think, even moreso now. I mean...what???

The absolute best way you can look at it is to say it was such a terrible thing and people weren't thinking straight and you just have to cut them some slack. Otherwise, it just looks so bad.

I believe I've read quotes from Vince after saying even in hindsight, he doesnt regret the show going on. Which, knowing Vince, I guess I am not surprised he has that opinion, but it's hard to not think so little of him after hearing that.

Wow, I did not know that. I just looked him up (Brian Pfohl, I assume?), and he looks nothing like Lex/Larry

Correct Brian Pfohl. He was pretty good as a junior and senior. Parents were divorced and Lex was not a big part of his life as I remember.

Vince is a horrible human being. Didn't even have the decency to tell Owen Harts wife he had died. God he's gonna have list as long as the day is long to answer for if he wants to stay out of going on the elevator that only goes down.

Vince is a horrible human being. Didn't even have the decency to tell Owen Harts wife he had died. God he's gonna have list as long as the day is long to answer for if he wants to stay out of going on the elevator that only goes down.
We all now know why Vince won’t ever fire Kevin Dunn.

Calling Kevin Dunn pond scum is an insult pond scum.

We all now know why Vince won’t ever fire Kevin Dunn.

Calling Kevin Dunn pond scum is an insult pond scum.

Agree but that whole thing starts at the top with VKM. How he let that show continue is disgraceful and sickening. Then they way he acted in the press conference was horrible saying he didn't like the female reporter's tone when one of his wrestlers just died doing a stupid stunt in one of his shows.

I was a mid-80s wrestling fan, so I'm not very familiar with some of the more recent wresting scandals/tragedies, like Owen Hart's death and the Montreal Screwjob. Did anyone find it odd that none of Owen's Hart "wrestling" family (Bret Hart, Davey Boy or Anvil) were interviewed for this doc? Owen's widow said that some of the family was actively working against her in her lawsuit against WWE. Does anyone know who she was referring to?

I was a mid-80s wrestling fan, so I'm not very familiar with some of the more recent wresting scandals/tragedies, like Owen Hart's death and the Montreal Screwjob. Did anyone find it odd that none of Owen's Hart "wrestling" family (Bret Hart, Davey Boy or Anvil) were interviewed for this doc? Owen's widow said that some of the family was actively working against her in her lawsuit against WWE. Does anyone know who she was referring to?
Bret’s book outlines his thoughts.

Davey and Anvil have passed away.

Bret doesn’t like talking about it because he feels if Vince didn’t screw him he would have been there and it doesn’t happen to Owen. Also the incident has destroyed his relationship with Owen’s widow who hated Owen’s family to begin with.

Bret’s book outlines what Martha was talking about. The Hart family are for themselves. Elle and Diana who are Bret’s sisters stole documents from Martha and gave them to Vince’s lawyers to try and help their husbands get jobs and hurt Martha’s lawsuit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom