WWE Thread | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

Bret’s book outlines his thoughts.

Davey and Anvil have passed away.

Bret doesn’t like talking about it because he feels if Vince didn’t screw him he would have been there and it doesn’t happen to Owen. Also the incident has destroyed his relationship with Owen’s widow who hated Owen’s family to begin with.

Bret’s book outlines what Martha was talking about. The Hart family are for themselves. Elle and Diana who are Bret’s sisters stole documents from Martha and gave them to Vince’s lawyers to try and help their husbands get jobs and hurt Martha’s lawsuit.

Very interesting. I knew Martha and the Harts were on the outs but I didn't know the background behind it. I'm still stunned that show went on. I'm pretty sure the Undertaker had developed his clout with Vince at the time. As I recall, he was the one who made Vince come out and face Bret after the screwjob. I would think he or one of the other veteran wrestlers would say - uh yeah show is over. We're not continuing.

Very interesting. I knew Martha and the Harts were on the outs but I didn't know the background behind it. I'm still stunned that show went on. I'm pretty sure the Undertaker had developed his clout with Vince at the time. As I recall, he was the one who made Vince come out and face Bret after the screwjob. I would think he or one of the other veteran wrestlers would say - uh yeah show is over. We're not continuing.
Bret in his book said after the incident and he talked to Vince in Calgary if that was Shane the guy who died does the show go on?
Vince wouldn’t answer and he knows it wouldn’t.

The fact that show went on is amazing.

Bret’s book outlines his thoughts.

Davey and Anvil have passed away.

Bret doesn’t like talking about it because he feels if Vince didn’t screw him he would have been there and it doesn’t happen to Owen. Also the incident has destroyed his relationship with Owen’s widow who hated Owen’s family to begin with.

Bret’s book outlines what Martha was talking about. The Hart family are for themselves. Elle and Diana who are Bret’s sisters stole documents from Martha and gave them to Vince’s lawyers to try and help their husbands get jobs and hurt Martha’s lawsuit.

well, that explains the silence from Anvil and Davey Boy. Now that you mention it, I do recall that Davey passed away. Used to love the Bulldogs.

IIRC, Bret was pretty talkative during the Screwjob ep...

well, that explains the silence from Anvil and Davey Boy. Now that you mention it, I do recall that Davey passed away. Used to love the Bulldogs.

IIRC, Bret was pretty talkative during the Screwjob ep...

I want to go back and watch Season 1. I'm interested in the Screwjob episode and several others after watching most of season 2.

I want to go back and watch Season 1. I'm interested in the Screwjob episode and several others after watching most of season 2.

the Gino Hernandez episode was good too. Growing up on the East Coast, in the 80s, the Texas and Southern wrestling circles were so mysterious. I’d rarely, if ever, see them on TV, and mostly just read about those wrestlers in magazines

I have watched most of them, based on what I read and who they featured (Russo and Cornette) I had zero interest in watching that episode

I have watched most of them, based on what I read and who they featured (Russo and Cornette) I had zero interest in watching that episode

I'm ok with Cornette but the Brawl for All episode showed a little of Russo goes a long way. Not a fan of him at all.

I'm ok with Cornette but the Brawl for All episode showed a little of Russo goes a long way. Not a fan of him at all.

The vibe I got from reading about it is they tried to position it as some kind of Cornette vs Russo issue and I just didnt want to bother with it. The screwjob is a fascinating topic, of course

See before this every account i had heard a described was Martha was the villian and the shrew that was all bout money in the aftermath but the Hart Family is the real villians had no idea the hart sisters used their brother death to advance the careers of their husbands disgusting if true.

The vibe I got from reading about it is they tried to position it as some kind of Cornette vs Russo issue and I just didnt want to bother with it. The screwjob is a fascinating topic, of course

Yea, if you can't stand Russo, then I would skip that episode.

Yea, if you can't stand Russo, then I would skip that episode.

Give Russo credit. He had a lot to do with the start up of "Attitude Era" which helped WWF pull ahead of WCW for good at the time.

See before this every account i had heard a described was Martha was the villian and the shrew that was all bout money in the aftermath but the Hart Family is the real villians had no idea the hart sisters used their brother death to advance the careers of their husbands disgusting if true.
Elie and Diana wanted to get jobs for Davey Boy and The Anvil.

Stu and Helen were supporting Martha in her lawsuit against Vince. They were co-plaintiffs. Martha had her own set of lawyers. Elie was the favorite child of Stu. She took documents from Martha’s lawyers sent to Stu and Helen and gave them to Vince’s lawyers because she wanted to help Vince to help herself and her family.

Martha used Bret as the middle man. Bret caused the rest of his siblings to be jealous of him. Martha used Bret to take out her frustrations and in the end Bret was hated by all of them.

Martha wasn’t the villain. Vince settled for an undisclosed amount of money right after the WWE went public and her position was hurt because of what Elie and Diana did.

Elie and Diana wanted to get jobs for Davey Boy and The Anvil.

Stu and Helen were supporting Martha in her lawsuit against Vince. They were co-plaintiffs. Martha had her own set of lawyers. Elie was the favorite child of Stu. She took documents from Martha’s lawyers sent to Stu and Helen and gave them to Vince’s lawyers because she wanted to help Vince to help herself and her family.

Martha used Bret as the middle man. Bret caused the rest of his siblings to be jealous of him. Martha used Bret to take out her frustrations and in the end Bret was hated by all of them.

Martha wasn’t the villain. Vince settled for an undisclosed amount of money right after the WWE went public and her position was hurt because of what Elie and Diana did.

$18 million

Martha seems very impressive

$18 million

Martha seems very impressive
Bret said he never knew the amount of money and didn't want to know what Owen's death was worth.

18 million seems like Vince got away really easy. That seems like a small amount.

Never would’ve known that Dusty and Backlund ever crossed paths. This is fantastic. I wish matches were still like this.

Too bad Backlund never spent any time in NWA/WCW in the midst of his long hiatus from WWF.

I'm watching Raw with my son this morning and they are using some NXT and other developmental wrestlers as part of their audience (similar to what AEW has done), but unlike AEW they are clearly spread out and standing without chairs. They have plexiglass starting from the top of the ramp and going around the ring. Smackdown will be the same kind of set up. Not sure about NXT.

Just read this...
" I was told that the reason why WWE waited so long to make the decision was that Vince McMahon felt it was a bad look on the company to have so many people seated in the Performance Center during a time when social distancing is being pushed by the health experts. AEW has been able to get away with using wrestlers and staff at Daily’s Place because everyone gets tested for COVID-19 since Jacksonville, Florida has plenty of tests available for anyone in the city who needs them. The other advantage that AEW has is Daily’s Place is an open-air venue and the Performance Center is a small building where the virus can spread easily."

"The word going around the PC is that the changes being made this week will be the new normal until they are allowed to bring fans back. Vince McMahon is still hoping to have fans back in time for SummerSlam. However, the show is unlikely to take place in Boston as originally scheduled."

Last edited:
Nia Jax injures another one (this time for the second time)

Zelina Vega, Ember Moon, R-truth, Bayley, Charlotte, Becky Lynch, Kaira Sane (Twice)

Nia Jax injures another one (this time for the second time)

Zelina Vega, Ember Moon, R-truth, Bayley, Charlotte, Becky Lynch, Kaira Sane (Twice)

Apparently she's not taking heat for this one. Kairi Sane stumbled apparently, but it wasn't Jax's fault.

BTW, I really liked that pit match between Thatcher and Matt Riddle. I'd like to see that pit again. I'm worried about Riddle losing that cleanly right before he goes to Smackdown though.

Apparently she's not taking heat for this one. Kairi Sane stumbled apparently, but it wasn't Jax's fault.

BTW, I really liked that pit match between Thatcher and Matt Riddle. I'd like to see that pit again. I'm worried about Riddle losing that cleanly right before he goes to Smackdown though.

Vince loves Riddle apparently.

So do I. He's got that Rob Can Dam vibe, but he's a much better wrestler. We'll see how far he gets pushed on Smackdown. I'm skeptical.

Vince likens him to Shawn Michaels in talent and attitude in ways he rubs people the wrong way backstage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom