WWE Thread | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

Lex Luger in WWE and John Bradshaw Layfield were both simliar as well.

I thought JBL was generally OK, no close to great by any means... at first thought it seemed really odd that he would get a push,

I just rewatched the Monday Night Raw from April 8, 2013 on WWE network.
It might be the most underrated raw of all-time.

That crowd was amazing.
It competely destroyed the writing prepares for that show.

So good. Only Cena had the mic skills to deal with the hostility.

I thought JBL was generally OK, no close to great by any means... at first thought it seemed really odd that he would get a push,
JBL’s rip-off of the JR Ewing character from Dallas didn’t do it for me.

Just because I always saw him as the APA character. He wasn’t a good enough worker for a top spot.

Elimination Chamber was last night. For anyone interested, on the SmackDown side, Daniel Bryan won the chamber match over Kevin Owens, Jey Uso, Cesaro, Sami Zayn and King Corbin. He immediately got a title shot against Roman Reigns and lost in just over a minute. Edge came out to attack Roman and basically declared he’s going to face him at WrestleMania.

On the Raw side of things, Drew McIntyre retained his title by winning the chamber match over AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy, Randy Orton, Sheamus and Kofi Kingston. After the match, Bobby Lashley came out and attacked McIntyre which resulted in the Miz cashing in his money in the bank contract. The Miz is now the WWE Champion. I assume Lashley will win it from him setting up a Lashley-McIntyre match at Mania. If they wanted to bring back Lesnar to make it a triple threat match, I can see that too.

Elimination Chamber was last night. For anyone interested, on the SmackDown side, Daniel Bryan won the chamber match over Kevin Owens, Jey Uso, Cesaro, Sami Zayn and King Corbin. He immediately got a title shot against Roman Reigns and lost in just over a minute. Edge came out to attack Roman and basically declared he’s going to face him at WrestleMania.

On the Raw side of things, Drew McIntyre retained his title by winning the chamber match over AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy, Randy Orton, Sheamus and Kofi Kingston. After the match, Bobby Lashley came out and attacked McIntyre which resulted in the Miz cashing in his money in the bank contract. The Miz is now the WWE Champion. I assume Lashley will win it from him setting up a Lashley-McIntyre match at Mania. If they wanted to bring back Lesnar to make it a triple threat match, I can see that too.

The Miz defines the term 'go-away heat' for me. Even a 24-hour reign is 24 hours too long.

WWE recycling the Papa Shango / Ultimate Warrior failure (1993?). by having Randy Orton cough up black goo.

WWE recycling the Papa Shango / Ultimate Warrior failure (1993?). by having Randy Orton cough up black goo.
Bray Wyatt is just the worst, and what they are doing with Bliss is ridiculous. She was quite good in her former gimmick. Who is entertained by this type of stuff?

Bray Wyatt is just the worst, and what they are doing with Bliss is ridiculous. She was quite good in her former gimmick. Who is entertained by this type of stuff?

To be fair, when he introduced the Fiend character, he looked invincible and the pop he received from the crowds was unreal. When Vince decided to let Goldberg squash him last year, it started a major decline for Wyatt. He’s been gone since December and is supposedly retooling his character again. I assume he’ll be back for Mania. Not optimistic but hopefully Vince let’s him do his thing for a bit without jobbing to past their prime superstars.

To be fair, when he introduced the Fiend character, he looked invincible and the pop he received from the crowds was unreal. When Vince decided to let Goldberg squash him last year, it started a major decline for Wyatt. He’s been gone since December and is supposedly retooling his character again. I assume he’ll be back for Mania. Not optimistic but hopefully Vince let’s him do his thing for a bit without jobbing to past their prime superstars.

True, he has had a few times of being very over so I guess people out there do like it. I’ve just never really gotten it. Especially once the supernatural stuff was introduced. His initial run as some kind of crazed cult leader had potential - I just don’t think there’s much substance there though.

That was the event he was dubbed the Eater of pins.

Wyatt has mic skills. The problem is they script everything and don’t let those with skills Improvise.

I am glad I am missing Papa Shango-Ulimate Warrior 2.0 between Bray and Orton.

Lashley will beat the Miz this monday night for the WWE Championship. Then he will beat McIntyre at WM to retain. He has been the most protected guy on the whole main roster. He will probably hold the title till SummerSlam. Assume Lashley vs Lesnar at SummerSlam.

Lashley will beat the Miz this monday night for the WWE Championship. Then he will beat McIntyre at WM to retain. He has been the most protected guy on the whole main roster. He will probably hold the title till SummerSlam. Assume Lashley vs Lesnar at SummerSlam.

That’s definitely a possibility. I think Lesnar has two possibilities. He either comes back and takes on Lashley or he gets into a feud with Roman Reigns instead where a Paul Heyman angle comes into play.

Miz just ran out of the match with his WWE title.

these morons just broke up the Hurt Business. You know they’ve got no plans for them, like 99% of the time. They’re about to fumble Lashley.

Jericho never burned bridges likes Cody.

Vince is pragmatic.
The only person he never fully forgave was Macho Man.
Vince forgave everyone else who left.

Jericho is giving his network content it’s not like Vince can just whitewash AEW.

The company isn’t close to his but it’s legit as long as it has a billionaire and cable network backing.

Vince is pragmatic.

Jericho is giving his network content it’s not like Vince can just whitewash AEW.

The company isn’t close to his but it’s legit as long as it has a billionaire and cable network backing.

I always have wondered what really happed with the Macho Man. Heard a lot of rumors but nothing for sure

Vince is pragmatic.

They never acknowledged TNA. They'd never have a WCW guy on their tv when WCW was alive. It's not like they've acknowledged AEW on their tv either. (There was the thing with HHH and BIlly Gunn when DX went into the HOF, but still, not by name)

It's crazy. Really trying to get eyeballs on the network/peacock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom