WWE Thread | Page 86 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

Well, I'm getting Peacock for free. So I'm watching Elimination Chamber. They kept it short between Reigns and Goldberg. Goldberg landed two spears, but instead of covering Reigns, he posed for the cameras. Stoopid. Reigns 'chokes him out'. Didn't suck, Goldberg wasn't exposed, nothing special.

I have it taped for later. Might get around to it today.

Looking back at pay per views for the past year the more "minor PPV's" have generally been decent and passable and even at times satisfying programming. The last Saudi show was fairly good in my view.

The bigger legacy PPV events have been generally bad. SummerSlam and Suriviovor Series were terrible. Royal Rumble had its good moments for the first half and then crashed finishing with perhaps the worst one hour event in PPV history.

I have it taped for later. Might get around to it today.

Looking back at pay per views for the past year the more "minor PPV's" have generally been decent and passable and even at times satisfying programming. The last Saudi show was fairly good in my view.

The bigger legacy PPV events have been generally bad. SummerSlam and Suriviovor Series were terrible. Royal Rumble had its good moments for the first half and then crashed finishing with perhaps the worst one hour event in PPV history.
You're right. The last Saudi show was great.

Well, I'm getting Peacock for free. So I'm watching Elimination Chamber. They kept it short between Reigns and Goldberg. Goldberg landed two spears, but instead of covering Reigns, he posed for the cameras. Stoopid. Reigns 'chokes him out'. Didn't suck, Goldberg wasn't exposed, nothing special.

Bianca Belair wins the Women's Chamber match. Started pretty slowly while Nikki ASH, Liv Morgan and Doudrop were in. Was kinda surprised that Alexa Bliss pinned Rhea Ripley before losing to Belair. But they're trying to rehabilitate her after that horrible angle with her doll. Belair absolutely should win at WM. She can be a superstar.

Naomi/Rhonda Rousey (with one hand tied behind her back, don't ask me why) vs. Charlotte and Sonya Deville. Rhonda played babyface in peril for a long time, but eventually put the arm bar on Deville for the win. Not bad, but Rousey still isn't back at her peak.

Madcap Moss (w/'Happy' Corbin) vs. Drew McIntyre (with his mighty sword). Bathroom Break match? 'Perfectly-legal' 2 on 1 to start. 2-on-1 action outside the ring. Crowd not into this one. Really looks like Moss got dropped right on his head in the ring. Sort-of-a-botched spot over the announcers' table. Turned into a pretty good brawl. Haven't seen the sword yet. There's the sword. Claymore 1-2-3. Gotta hope that Moss didn't hurt his neck legit.
I've had it going on my laptop while I watched the basketball since I get it free also. I did miss Reigns Goldberg- sounds like I didn't miss much.

Obviously he deserves this and glad its in Texas.

I wonder who he selects to induct him.
He likely would have chosen Paul Bearer but he passed away.

It could be anyone.
I’d go with Kane.

Agree. He or Mick Foley but I'm out of the loop whether he made up with Vince or not
Foley would be good too. I’m so out of the loop, I didn’t know he and Vince had issues. Or if I did, I forgot.

But Kane - storyline brother, off and on partners and feuds for almost 15 years. Wrestled against each other at Mania twice. Easily the wrestler he had the most history with, storyline and match wise.

I haven't watched the event and not so many spoilers in the comments but it sounded like Lesnar won.

Which makes the way the Men's Royal Rumble, including the Lashley/Lesnar match was booked, seem idiotic.
Turns out that WWE has known since Royal Rumble that Lashley needed shoulder surgery, and wouldn't be able to wrestle. In a match where Lesnar and Lashley were the only logical winners, they false-advertised the entire match. Lashley flew over to Saudi Arabia to take part in an angle where he was 'injured'.

Meltzer says he's likely out 5-6 months.

They're still sleazy, always will be.

Turns out that WWE has known since Royal Rumble that Lashley needed shoulder surgery, and wouldn't be able to wrestle. In a match where Lesnar and Lashley were the only logical winners, they false-advertised the entire match. Lashley flew over to Saudi Arabia to take part in an angle where he was 'injured'.

Meltzer says he's likely out 5-6 months.

They're still sleazy, always will be.

Hope Bobby got a good check to fly over and stand around for 5 mins.

The first elimination chamber was Michaels, HHH, Jericho, Van Dam, Booker T, and Kane.

6 legit potential champs and capable main eventers, and hall of famers.

Now they can’t even come close to filling a 6 person match with legit star power?

It appears that Vince McMahon will be in a match at Wrestlemania ... or some sort of gimmick match anyway with Pat McAfee.

This solves everything...

It appears that Vince McMahon will be in a match at Wrestlemania ... or some sort of gimmick match anyway with Pat McAfee.

Are you serious?
That guy can still take bumps?

That is nuts.
Sp glad I am done with that product. The Royal Rumble was just boring.

I think they are promoting it that way, but it will more than likely be Austin Theory (who Vince loves and has been used with on TV many times for the past couple months) vs McAfee.

By the way, Vinny Mac was on Pat McAfee's show earlier today. I listened to the highlights on Twitter. Pretty good stuff.. worth a listen.

Thinking of how I really don’t care about WWE at all anymore and wondering if there’s any potential Mania match that could suck me in….and I randomly thought of this old Sports Guy article. Liked his stuff so much back then.

» One more SummerSlam

A few updates, courtesy of Dave Meltzer. No, Vince will not be wrestling. Pat McAfee will instead wrestle Austin Theory. Vince may be there, and may 'interfere', but that's it.

It's looking less likely that Steve Austin will wrestle. They're now advertising some sort of schmozz between him and Kevin Owens. It's all up to Austin, and he has not given the thumbs-up yet.

It's looking less likely that Cody Rhodes will be coming in. Not dead yet, but they had 'creative' lined up for him, and it's been scrubbed for now. Perhaps only Freud can answer the age-old question: "What does Cody want?"

They should’ve did it while he was alive.

Just because Vince wasted him, doesn’t mean he wasn’t one of the best wrestlers of the 90s and one of the best big men of all time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom