WWE Thread | Page 85 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

Wasn’t sure which one it was but looked back, the 95 one wasn’t great, but just looking at the highlights of this one I can’t imagine this wasn’t the worst one. Bad Bunny? Wth?

There were far worse performers in that Rumble than Bad Bunny.

BTW, Shane McMahon, of all people, booked the Rumble. There was a lot of heat on him for the fact that (a) it sucked, and (b) he was changing the order of entry even after the match had started.

Shane had been scheduled to appear on the next two big events. However, Dave Meltzer just reported that...

"As quickly as he re-appeared in WWE, Shane McMahon is now out of WWE...Meltzer said McMahon is "out of the company" but it's unknown whether his talent deal was terminated or if the plans for him the next two months were simply dropped."

There were far worse performers in that Rumble than Bad Bunny.

BTW, Shane McMahon, of all people, booked the Rumble. There was a lot of heat on him for the fact that (a) it sucked, and (b) he was changing the order of entry even after the match had started.

Shane had been scheduled to appear on the next two big events. However, Dave Meltzer just reported that...

"As quickly as he re-appeared in WWE, Shane McMahon is now out of WWE...Meltzer said McMahon is "out of the company" but it's unknown whether his talent deal was terminated or if the plans for him the next two months were simply dropped."

I have to agree that Bad Bunny being part of the event was not a problem. He was an asset if used properly.

Bad Bunny would have been perfect to bring in during the middle of the match when it can start to drag -- in that area between #8 and #20 Bring in him for the pop for the entrance and some moves, and have eliminate some low card scrubs.

Don't bring him in at #27, have him eliminate a top star, and look as good as your mid/upper card guys. That was ridiculous.

Shane McMahon could have been used in the same role (before #20). Instead they had him come in and dominate full time top wrestlers at the end. The most ridiculous thing with Shane was that everybody sold to Brock Lesnar at the end and allowed themselves to get thrown easily. Shane decided to sort of no sell a clothesline from Brock before getting thrown out.

WWE has turned into Disney Wrestling. I read that the morale in the locker room is at a low. Total shame that only a few wrestlers matter.

Considering the matches Kevin Owens and Roman Reigns have had in the past, would have enjoyed seeing him win the Rumble. Even the IC belt is a joke. When I was a kid that belt had stars and built stars, Mr. Perfect, Bret Hart, Razor Ramon, HBK, Austin. Now it's useless.

The actual wrestling of my youth wasn't as good as it is today but the storytelling and emotion you got was so much better.

WWE has turned into Disney Wrestling. I read that the morale in the locker room is at a low. Total shame that only a few wrestlers matter.

Considering the matches Kevin Owens and Roman Reigns have had in the past, would have enjoyed seeing him win the Rumble. Even the IC belt is a joke. When I was a kid that belt had stars and built stars, Mr. Perfect, Bret Hart, Razor Ramon, HBK, Austin. Now it's useless.

The actual wrestling of my youth wasn't as good as it is today but the storytelling and emotion you got was so much better.
Yup. They don’t want to make stars anymore or make anyone matter at a given time beyond a couple guys.

Good point on the IC belt, and then think about all the stars who weren’t even IC or World Champions. Guys like Ted Dibiase, Jake Roberts, Big Boss Man, Jimmy Snuka….those are bigger names still to this day, than almost everybody on the roster in the last 10 years.

The years from 98-03 (basically the attitude era, give or take) was truly something special. As a 90s kid, times were different. You go back and watch shows from that time period and it's amazing how over basically every single wrestler was. Add in JR and King on the call. Good times. Good memories.

The years from 98-03 (basically the attitude era, give or take) was truly something special. As a 90s kid, times were different. You go back and watch shows from that time period and it's amazing how over basically every single wrestler was. Add in JR and King on the call. Good times. Good memories.

The Godfather was probably more over than every wrestler except for the rock and Austin. Let's climb aboard the...

Guess who’s back? Definitely will make me watch Elimination Chamber now. Not!

Can he do a 10 minute match?
Kinda makes sense to feed this guy to Reigns. So an actual contender doesn’t eat the loss before WrestleMania.

Looks like Steve Austin is coming to Wrestlemania--and that he will wrestle.

Out of nowhere, Kevin Owens did a giant diss on Texas last night on Raw. WWE still has lots of tix to sell for this year's WM (they're doing 2 for 1 ticket sales). Meltzer says that Austin-Owens is now penciled in for the card. They'll, uh, have to keep that match short. Austin's neck injuries are legit.

I guess they'll have to save 'making new stars' until next year...

BTW, some fairly serious rumors out there that Cody Rhodes is in discussions with WWE.

Looks like Steve Austin is coming to Wrestlemania--and that he will wrestle.

Out of nowhere, Kevin Owens did a giant diss on Texas last night on Raw. WWE still has lots of tix to sell for this year's WM. Meltzer says that Austin-Owens is now penciled in for the card. They'll, uh, have to keep that match short. Austin's neck injuries are legit.

I guess they'll have to save 'making new stars' until next year...

BTW, some fairly serious rumors out there that Cody Rhodes is in discussions with WWE.
Cody can go back.
AEW doesn’t need him.
He hates HHH and this would be about Cody sticking it to Him.

Austin-Owens with little real buildup is a waste of what should be a headline match.

Cody can go back.
AEW doesn’t need him.
He hates HHH and this would be about Cody sticking it to Him.

Austin-Owens with little real buildup is a waste of what should be a headline match.
I agree. It looks like a semi-panic move b/c they have so many more tix to sell. Don't know if you saw Owens' promo last night, but it came out of nowhere and made no sense (you're suddenly dissing Texas? The 'Ass of America'? Really?) other than to build a match that they must have just put together--possibly yesterday afternoon.

But they're not a wrestling company. They're a content machine. Doesn't matter that the content sucks so long as companies are desperate for content.

As to Cody, apparently the meme that everyone wants to leave WWE is getting under Vince's skin. So he is prepared to overpay for at least one AEW star. At least according to Dave Meltzer.

It’s just…too late for Austin. He’s too old and has a really bad neck right?

And beating Owens….cmon. Have him beat Shane or something, not a legit star wrestler.

Austin v Owens interference from Cody Rhodes, immediately puts him in feud w Owens

Austin on weekly TV for a few months leading a modern “Dangerous Alliance” vs. Stephanie and some corporate stooges would be more useful than a one off match on a PPV that will sell out regardless.

Don't mind Owens vs Austin. Looking forward to it. Apparently Owens is one of Austin's favourite wrestlers so this is why he wants to do the match with him.

They also have 6 weeks to build it until WrestleMania. I thought they could have been more creative in their initial tease. The Owens attack on Texas was so random -- especially since they were in Indianapolis.

Obviously he deserves this and glad its in Texas.

I wonder who he selects to induct him.
He likely would have chosen Paul Bearer but he passed away.

It could be anyone.

Obviously he deserves this and glad its in Texas.

I wonder who he selects to induct him.
He likely would have chosen Paul Bearer but he passed away.

It could be anyone.

I actually think Bruce Pritchard should do it. "Brother Love" but really a behind-the-scenes force who helped him a lot to develop that persona.

I actually think Bruce Pritchard should do it. "Brother Love" but really a behind-the-scenes force who helped him a lot to develop that persona.
Might be the rattlesnake. They had a good relationship.

Or, possibly one of the BSK boys

Well, I'm getting Peacock for free. So I'm watching Elimination Chamber. They kept it short between Reigns and Goldberg. Goldberg landed two spears, but instead of covering Reigns, he posed for the cameras. Stoopid. Reigns 'chokes him out'. Didn't suck, Goldberg wasn't exposed, nothing special.

Bianca Belair wins the Women's Chamber match. Started pretty slowly while Nikki ASH, Liv Morgan and Doudrop were in. Was kinda surprised that Alexa Bliss pinned Rhea Ripley before losing to Belair. But they're trying to rehabilitate her after that horrible angle with her doll. Belair absolutely should win at WM. She can be a superstar.

Naomi/Rhonda Rousey (with one hand tied behind her back, don't ask me why) vs. Charlotte and Sonya Deville. Someone reminded Rousey to smile. Rhonda played babyface in peril for a long time, but eventually put the arm bar on Deville for the win. Not bad, but Rousey still isn't back at her peak.

Madcap Moss (w/'Happy' Corbin) vs. Drew McIntyre (with his mighty sword). Bathroom Break match? 'Perfectly-legal' 2 on 1 to start. 2-on-1 action outside the ring. Crowd not into this one. Really looks like Moss got dropped right on his head in the ring. Sort-of-a-botched spot over the announcers' table. Turned into a pretty good brawl. Haven't seen the sword yet. There's the sword. Claymore 1-2-3. Gotta hope that Moss didn't hurt his neck legit.

Becky Lynch vs. Lita. Becks has her pouty face. Lots of kicks from Becky. Lita not doing much. Snoozefest so far. Or, as the announcer put it, 'methodical'. Lita with her flurry. Lita with a 'sleeper' that looks nothing like a sleeper. Becky doing the shocked psycho face she debuted this week. They've done some very good near falls before Becks finishes her. Better than it had any right to be. Fans give Lita a rousing send-off. Nice.

Very long UT HOF promo.

Viking Raiders vs. Usos. Even by WWE standards, the build-up for this match has sucked. Sneak attack by the Usos, lay out the Raiders. No match? Ho-kay. More Peacock promos, WM preview. Sure vamping for time here. Guess that only the Mens Elimination Chamber is left. Now we're getting a Chamber preview. Total time suck the last half-hour.

They finally start the intros for the Chamber at 2:21 EST. Gonna be a pretty short Chamber match. Entrances in order--Lashley, AJ Styles, Riddle (uh, why?), Austin Theory (uh, why?), Seth Rollins, and finally Lesnar. Less than a half-hour left. Rollins and Theory to start. Rollins hurls Theory through Lashley's pod, Lashley sells it like he's hurt. Work or shoot? Riddle's in. Theory just laying on apron outside of ring. Typical two people in while one person rests. They're taking Lashley out. In comes Styles. The Lashley distraction has dialed back crowd interest in match. Nobody eliminated yet. Riddle and Rollins out. Theory, Styles, Theory left. Lashley 'in concussion protocol' and he's out. Styles pinned. Theory and Lesnar. Lesnar F-5's Theory off top of pod and pins him. He's the new champ. Lashley doesn't get a chance to defend. I think it's a work, and this was a way to keep him from actually losing. Could be wrong, though.

All in all, a thumbs in the middle PPV, not nearly as good as the last Saudi show. Nothing sucked, though, other than the tag match that wasn't.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom