WWE Thread | Page 92 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

Speaking of returns, I wouldn't be surprised to see John Cena back sooner than later. It's been 20 years oh Cena, and he has been wrestling some dark matches of late. I could see John coming back and running with the US title. Vince loves Theory (current holder), and that would continue to build him up. Theory has some young Cena similarities with a promising future.

Cena returns to Raw on June 27th.

To no surprise Cody kicked off Raw tonight. But then teased competing for Money in the Bank despite having surgery later this week. MITB is July 2nd in Vegas. There is no way...

Obviously the injury is a terrible thing, but there is no way that Cody Rhodes was going to avoid being over-exposed, or already had his title shots, by next Rumble / Mania season without this. And then sent back to the middle/low upper part of card.

I think the pop he will get when he returns makes him fighting for the title at next Mania quite likely.

Obviously the injury is a terrible thing, but there is no way that Cody Rhodes was going to avoid being over-exposed, or already had his title shots, by next Rumble / Mania season without this. And then sent back to the middle/low upper part of card.

I think the pop he will get when he returns makes him fighting for the title at next Mania quite likely.

Wins the Rumble, title match at Mania. Easy booking. Question is who will be the champ.

Wins the Rumble, title match at Mania. Easy booking. Question is who will be the champ.
If the Reigns - Rock plans fall through, then it’s easy. Roman all the way. If not, let Drew win one of the titles at the Europe event in September to get the pop he missed out on during Covid. Have him turn into a massive heel at some point in the fall or winter.

If the Reigns - Rock plans fall through, then it’s easy. Roman all the way. If not, let Drew win one of the titles at the Europe event in September to get the pop he missed out on during Covid. Have him turn into a massive heel at some point in the fall or winter.

I guess if one of the two belts is up for grabs at the Wales event it's a good bet Drew wins.

I guess if one of the two belts is up for grabs at the Wales event it's a good bet Drew wins.
Rollins wins MITB, cashes in on Drew some time prior to the Rumble after he wins one of the titles at the UK event. Cody comes back for the Rumble and wins it. Cody vs. Seth IV at WM for the title.

Edit: Just want to add - the Cody/Seth rivalry has the potential to be this era’s Rock/Austin or Cena/Edge if done right. That’s a rivalry they can revisit multiple times and it won’t get stale.

Rollins wins MITB, cashes in on Drew some time prior to the Rumble after he wins one of the titles at the UK event. Cody comes back for the Rumble and wins it. Cody vs. Seth IV at WM for the title.

Edit: Just want to add - the Cody/Seth rivalry has the potential to be this era’s Rock/Austin or Cena/Edge if done right. That’s a rivalry they can revisit multiple times and it won’t get stale.
Hot take:

Wish they’d push AJ, Orton, and Owens at the top of the card. Those 3 “got it” way more than Rollins and Drew.

Hot take:

Wish they’d push AJ, Orton, and Owens at the top of the card. Those 3 “got it” way more than Rollins and Drew.
Sounds like Orton is getting a shot later this summer. But totally agreed on the other 2 - specifically Owens. He’s been so entertaining to watch, especially these last few months.

With Cody on the shelf, I also wouldn't be surprised if they have Edge go face now and get a run at one of the straps. Balor joined Judgement Day, and then Edge got booted from the group.

With Cody on the shelf, I also wouldn't be surprised if they have Edge go face now and get a run at one of the straps. Balor joined Judgement Day, and then Edge got booted from the group.
wait, Edge is heel? Wow, I’m WAY out of the loop.

Seems like it would be tough to turn him heel at this point in his career? Going to YouTube that turn….

wait, Edge is heel? Wow, I’m WAY out of the loop.

Seems like it would be tough to turn him heel at this point in his career? Going to YouTube that turn….
Yeah, he started a new faction called Judgement Day (new age Brood kind of). No blood, dark clothes, blue lighting.

Sounds like Orton is getting a shot later this summer. But totally agreed on the other 2 - specifically Owens. He’s been so entertaining to watch, especially these last few months.

I need to see Kevin Owens in the main event title picture. He's too good. He literally makes every feud interesting.

There's a reason out of all the wrestlers he could pick...Stone Cold went with him. There's a tremendous amount of respect for KO amongst the boys.

Paige's WWE farewell...

She hasn't been able to get cleared. I wouldn't be surprised to see her wrestle again.. whether it's in AEW or elsewhere. Right or wrong, someone will give her the green light.

Paige's WWE farewell...

She hasn't been able to get cleared. I wouldn't be surprised to see her wrestle again.. whether it's in AEW or elsewhere. Right or wrong, someone will give her the green light.
Unfortunately, the manager was de-emphasized a looooong time ago, and they’ve never really brought it back in a big way.

Once upon a time, an injured wrestler could become a good manager. One would think with all the TV time they have to fill, that they could find time to develop some good managers. Paige would be a good candidate for a role like that.

Unfortunately, the manager was de-emphasized a looooong time ago, and they’ve never really brought it back in a big way.

Once upon a time, an injured wrestler could become a good manager. One would think with all the TV time they have to fill, that they could find time to develop some good managers. Paige would be a good candidate for a role like that.
Agreed. Her final wrestling action took place as a part of Absolution with Mandy and Sonya. After she got hurt, she managed them for a little bit before officially retiring from in-ring performing.

She has wanted to and still wants to wrestle. Someone will clear her.

Wasn’t that right before Benoit’s thing?

Yes a few weeks before based on some tweets I saw today. If memory serves me right and based on reading a few tweets

1. Had the McMahon death angle. WWE.com claimed he was dead, but WWE had to come out the next day publicly to state it was essentially a work.

2. On RAW itself the next week they still kept the explosion storyline going, and had a "Mr Mcmahon appreciation night" where most crapped on him.

3. A week later when the Benoit incident happened, McMahon came out on TV to address the incident and the entire storyline was scrapped.

WWE announced their second NIL (Next In Line) class today...
Via a press release, WWE notes that "'Next In Line' has signed 31 full-time college athletes since its inception and currently has 25 active athletes following the graduation of six inaugural members from the program -- all six athletes who graduated from the first class have either signed or are in discussion to join WWE on a full-time basis."

Gable Steveson headlined their first class last year. No Cuse kids this go round. Who (across any SU sport) would you offer one of these deals?

Vince and Lauranitis are in deep Doo doo
I bet Stephanie stepped away because she knew this was coming... and wanted to distance herself from it.

I'm sure Johnny Ace will be the fall guy and fired.

By the way, Nick Kahn has managed to get Shane out and essentially demoted HHH twice while killing the black and gold brand. Stephanie is away as I mentioned above. And now this with Vince and Co. This making the way for him to steal and sell the company.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom