WWE Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

I think Bryan is right there too. and Gargano if you want to count nxt.

The crazy/sad thing is I agree AJ is just about as good as it gets, and when was the last time he had a really great match? Lesnar at Survivor Series? and i'm not blaming him

I hope Vince can somehow poach Kenny Omega from New Japan. Put the two of them up against each other. Have an hour long match if need be. They are probably the two best wrestlers in the world. I’d pay a full years worth of WWE Network fees to watch that one match.

I think Bryan is right there too. and Gargano if you want to count nxt.

The crazy/sad thing is I agree AJ is just about as good as it gets, and when was the last time he had a really great match? Lesnar at Survivor Series? and i'm not blaming him
Im also a huge Elias fan

Oh look. Another Brock Lesnar - Roman Reigns main event at a pay per view. Thanks Vince. How did you know what we all wanted to see?
Are you serious same two?
OMG if the crowd was smart there would a mass walkout during that match.
I mean wow Vince just doesn’t care.

Is he burning his company down for the insurance money or something?

Don't see anything changing for the time being considering what USA and Fox just paid for tv rights. Ratings will have to really tank lower than they are now before anything changes.

I’m usually not a fan of the fans “hi-jacking” the show, but maybe it’s warranted in that case? Give it the Lesnar-Goldberg treatment from years ago.

I still haven’t watched one second since Wrestlemania. I usually enjoy Summerslam and was considering getting the network again at least for that PPV, but this is not exactly drawing me in.

I’m usually not a fan of the fans “hi-jacking” the show, but maybe it’s warranted in that case? Give it the Lesnar-Goldberg treatment from years ago.

I still haven’t watched one second since Wrestlemania. I usually enjoy Summerslam and was considering getting the network again at least for that PPV, but this is not exactly drawing me in.

if you've signed up in the past for the network, you'll probably get an offer for a free month around summerslam

They blew it with Roman years ago when he feuded with the Authority. I mean...that made ZERO sense. The Authority not wanting Bryan as champion, calling him a B+ player, etc. That made sense. Because it was either rooted in reality...or at least what the fans thought was reality. Bryan was NOT the tailor made face of the company guy. He was not the McMahon’s guy. He was the people’s guy. That’s why that worked.(same with Austin vs. McMahon back in the day, really).

Roman was clearly their handpicked guy. Why present it as the opposite? So dumb. Same with Cena, really. They both could’ve went heel and been the Authority’s golden boys. Hogan, Rock, and Austin all were heels at some point during wrestling’s popular years. Now they’re afraid to turn certain guys. It’s not only boring, but the Roman vs. the Authority angle was an insult to everyone’s intelligence IMO.

They blew it with Roman years ago when he feuded with the Authority. I mean...that made ZERO sense. The Authority not wanting Bryan as champion, calling him a B+ player, etc. That made sense. Because it was either rooted in reality...or at least what the fans thought was reality. Bryan was NOT the tailor made face of the company guy. He was not the McMahon’s guy. He was the people’s guy. That’s why that worked.(same with Austin vs. McMahon back in the day, really).

Roman was clearly their handpicked guy. Why present it as the opposite? .

I think it relates to your first paragraph. It worked for Bryan, so of course it will work for Reigns. (Obviously I think thats dumb, just saying their thought process)

The funny thing is, if you go back to Rumble 14, when Bryan wasn't in it and the crowd turned on Batista, who did the fans want to win? Roman!

Roman was clearly their handpicked guy. Why present it as the opposite? So dumb. Same with Cena, really. They both could’ve went heel and been the Authority’s golden boys. Hogan, Rock, and Austin all were heels at some point during wrestling’s popular years. Now they’re afraid to turn certain guys. It’s not only boring, but the Roman vs. the Authority angle was an insult to everyone’s intelligence IMO.
No joke I think you and I could do a better job than WWE creative and we have watched a combine zero hours since WM.

And now RIP Jim The Anvil Niedhart. Jeez, one after another lately.

Hart Foundation was my favorite tag team ever, and the Anvil was responsible for at least 3 of the funniest promos of all time to me. The “25%” promo. The “British Bulldogs manager is a bitch” promo. And the Wrestlemania 7 promo where he just screamed on the Nasty Boys with hilariously over the top intensity. He was awesome! Easily one of my favorites.

I just got home. I am somewhat (very) drunk. That was an awesome show!

It's actually really solid card tonight. All the matches have the potential to be really good although I'm not that interested in the tag teams but that main event is just brutal. It's either Reigns, who everyone hates, or Lesnar, who shows up once in a blue moon. Have to think Strowman cashes in MITB tonight.

It's actually really solid card tonight. All the matches have the potential to be really good although I'm not that interested in the tag teams but that main event is just brutal. It's either Reigns, who everyone hates, or Lesnar, who shows up once in a blue moon. Have to think Strowman cashes in MITB tonight.

Since I’m home and settled in for the evening and the Dodgers are up 9-1 in the 8th (even our bullpen shouldnt make this one interesting...knock on wood) I just reactivated my account. This will be the first thing I’ve watched since Wrestlemania. Might be more fun that way. I’m going in with a positive attitude and have no idea who has the momentum and current stronger push in most of these matches.

Since I’m home and settled in for the evening and the Dodgers are up 9-1 in the 8th (even our bullpen shouldnt make this one interesting...knock on wood) I just reactivated my account. This will be the first thing I’ve watched since Wrestlemania. Might be more fun that way. I’m going in with a positive attitude and have no idea who has the momentum and current stronger push in most of these matches.

Nice! The strowman/owens match was weird. Not needed. I assume strowman will cash in.

My running thoughts/questions/H0T Takes while watching SummerSlam:

- Friend of mine: “Dean Ambrose looks like the personification of an angry Bill Burr rant.” LOL! I thought that was too good not to share.

- Bludgeon Brothers kinda remind me of a 2018 Powers of Pain. I like it.

- Kevin Owens got absolutely squashed. Wow. I know it’s Braun, but...jeez. Where does Owens go from that?

- Does Bobby Roode still wrestle? Why isn’t he on the card? He should be a heel and one of the best ones in the company.

- I greatly enjoyed Carmella’s heel work. Completely over the top obnoxiousness. Cheating whenever possible, taunting the crowd and opponents whenever possible, trying to turn them on each other, cowardly falling down to avoid Charlotte. Well done. Feels like most of the good heels used to act like that to some extent, and now hardly any do.

-Man, that crowd went nuts when Becky attacked Charlotte. Are they really down on Charlotte? Or are they just behind Becky that much? Charlotte’s awesome IMO but I’m guessing they’re sick of her winning the title, the storyline was seemingly setup for Becky to finally win and Charlotte came in and stole her thunder?

- That TNA chant...lol. I was hoping for a “fallen angel” Christopher Daniels chant too. Awesome match. Those two guys are a can’t miss match every time going back 15 years. Ending obviously sets up some kind of hardcore rematch it would seem.

- speaking of great heel work...the Miz. Classic old school heel stuff. And I was legit annoyed that he won. Surprised the crowd wasn’t more into that match.

- I’m as nostalgic as anyone, but The Undertaker vs. HHH? Why? Nevertheless...I’m probably in.

- So Hardy has two feuds going on and they both keep beating the crap out of him? Where’s Matt?

-Swanton bomb onto the apron is pretty dangerous at any age. He’s gotta be mid 40s? Crazy.

- So were they running short on time so Orton just came out and went back in? That was weird.

- I’m 50/50 on Rousey. She’s obviously physically imposing. And the intensity of her moves works. But her trash talking is kinda corny, and so is the “Rowdy” thing. It’s gotta be her vs. Charlotte at Wrestlemania next year I would think.

- where’s Cena? I know he’s been part time for awhile but would figure he’d wrestle at a big show like SummerSlam?

- Brock throwing that briefcase was pretty awesome.

The chokeslam Owens took on the ramp. My god.

I agree Ronda's trash talk was a little much. She is awesome though

NXT last night was a better show, but this one really wasn't too bad. I was digging the AJ-Joe match until the very end. Bryan Miz was good. IC title match was very good. Loved the Becky turn. And I think the main event was done as well as they couldve done it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom