WWE Thread | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

I was wondering if it was way too long for others. I think 4 hours is even pushing it but I can handle it for the major PPVs. The others, I'm fine with 3 hours.

It's ridiculously long. Its also hard now with 2 rumbles; that's basically over 2 hours just for 2 matches. You could get away with like 2 other matches total.

Ronda-Becky should main event Wrestlemania and be 1 on 1. No Charlotte

It's ridiculously long. Its also hard now with 2 rumbles; that's basically over 2 hours just for 2 matches. You could get away with like 2 other matches total.

Ronda-Becky should main event Wrestlemania and be 1 on 1. No Charlotte

Honestly think the women should just have their own shows, at this point. And then at Wrestlemania, have both men and women on the card. There’s no real point to having the women on the same show as the men, rarely interacting and never(Nia...I know) competing against each other. There’s a deep enough roster to do it. Get a mid card belt and tag belts, and have it exist as a separate thing within WWE.

The idea of 4 different world championship matches on one show is absurd.

Honestly think the women should just have their own shows, at this point. And then at Wrestlemania, have both men and women on the card. There’s no real point to having the women on the same show as the men, rarely interacting and never(Nia...I know) competing against each other. There’s a deep enough roster to do it. Get a mid card belt and tag belts, and have it exist as a separate thing within WWE.

The idea of 4 different world championship matches on one show is absurd.

I don't know if you could have all womens shows every month or whatever, but honestly, like a 2 day Mens Royal Rumble/Womens Royal rumble combo might be a good idea. Or maybe a mens Rumble one Sunday and the womens rumble the next week.

I think even raw is too long. 2 hours was plenty. You don’t need dumb filler to get the three hours filled

I remember when Raw was 1 hour. And it would seem to do more to build angles and get guys over. You were excited when you’d get a Razor Ramon match, or a Bret Hart match, or when some old veteran like Koko B Ware was on the show for the first time in months, getting whupped by Bam Bam Bigelow or something.

3 hours - you just see the same guys every week, and the same matchups seem to repeat endlessly.

So it looks like we have this for Wrestlemania

Lynch vs Rousey
Lesnar vs Rollins
Bryan vs TBD at 2/17 Elimination Chamber PPV.

Breaking News from Dave Meltzer: Dean Ambrose has turned down a new contract and will likely be gone from WWE after Wrestlemania.

How about a J e double f J a double r e double t making a duet with the roadie last night.

I remember that In Your House July 1996 where he sang his song and then lost the IC belt to HBK that night.

How about a J e double f J a double r e double t making a duet with the roadie last night.

I remember that In Your House July 1996 where he sang his song and then lost the IC belt to HBK that night.

Wait...that happened? Awesome.

I remember those promos before he started wrestling for WWF running all the time.

Also, when he first started in the WWF I remember he wrestled jobbers like 3 different times in one night at the Utica Memorial Auditorium. My friends and I came to the conclusion that since he was new, he needed a lot of practice.

Wow, that's big. I can totally see him going to AEW.

Not sure if it's been announced but it will be interesting to see what the AEW touring schedule is like. I can see how the WWE travel schedule can be draining after a certain point.

Not sure if it's been announced but it will be interesting to see what the AEW touring schedule is like. I can see how the WWE travel schedule can be draining after a certain point.

I haven't seen anything official, but I cant imagine it will be nearly as strenuous as the WWE schedule. Do have to wonder what happens with Renee

I haven't seen anything official, but I cant imagine it will be nearly as strenuous as the WWE schedule. Do have to wonder what happens with Renee
I think the travel schedule is one of WWE's biggest disadvantages. It just grinds people down. Ambrose was reportedly unhappy with not being able to develop his own character and to do his own promos.

I could also see him in ROH. He'd be a mainstay there. ROH has a working agreement with New Japan, so that's a plus.

Wait...that happened? Awesome.

I remember those promos before he started wrestling for WWF running all the time.

Also, when he first started in the WWF I remember he wrestled jobbers like 3 different times in one night at the Utica Memorial Auditorium. My friends and I came to the conclusion that since he was new, he needed a lot of practice.
OH YOU DIDNT KNOW??!!!

WELL YOUR ASS BETTER CALL SOMEBODY!!!

had the Road Dogg been back before? Or ws that knew to everyone like me??

I excitedly said ‘Get the Fluck out’ a little too loud so the wife heard and just saying it regardless was bad enough with the boy right there.

The Hart Foundation ruled, but the New Age Outlaws were AWESOME.

I think the travel schedule is one of WWE's biggest disadvantages. It just grinds people down. Ambrose was reportedly unhappy with not being able to develop his own character and to do his own promos.

I could also see him in ROH. He'd be a mainstay there. ROH has a working agreement with New Japan, so that's a plus.

Lotta options outside WWE for people now. Pretty exciting times

Breaking News from Dave Meltzer: Dean Ambrose has turned down a new contract and will likely be gone from WWE after Wrestlemania.

Consistently underutilized and undermined. They sucked all the menace out of him way back in the summer after the shield first broke up. Made him lose all the time to Rollins. Made him a goofball. Hell, it should’ve been him turning heel in the first place. Rollins wasn’t a good heel.

After Dean came back I thought he looked crisper and harder hitting in the ring. The new look worked. I can’t really speak on what’s gone wrong since he turned heel because I haven’t been watching. Same stuff as always I bet.

25.jpg

Daniel Bryan really has a belt made of hemp and wood? Hahahahaha, that is so great!

WWF Superstars spring 1992 binge:
-Berserker tried to stab Undertaker with a sword, and it stuck in the ring.
- Papa Shango was putting curses on people, making black fluid leak out of their heads, and lighting people’s feet on fire.
- Repo Man was tying a rope around people’s necks and dragging them around the ring and even hanging British Bulldog over the ropes?
- The Mountie shocked Sgt. Slaughter presumably to near death and then celebrated wildly?
- Nailz absolutely brutalized Big Boss Man.

I watched some of this stuff as a kid, but missed others. Looking back now, seems like it was a brief attempt to go “edgy”?

The hell were they doing?

WWF Superstars spring 1992 binge:
-Berserker tried to stab Undertaker with a sword, and it stuck in the ring.
- Papa Shango was putting curses on people, making black fluid leak out of their heads, and lighting people’s feet on fire.
- Repo Man was tying a rope around people’s necks and dragging them around the ring and even hanging British Bulldog over the ropes?
- The Mountie shocked Sgt. Slaughter presumably to near death and then celebrated wildly?
- Nailz absolutely brutalized Big Boss Man.

I watched some of this stuff as a kid, but missed others. Looking back now, seems like it was a brief attempt to go “edgy”?

The hell were they doing?

Yeah I wasn't watching wrestling yet, but in reading back about the period, there seems to be a period late 91 early 92 where they went a little edgier. You also had the snake biting Macho man, and Jake slapping Liz? I think that was also around then

Yeah I wasn't watching wrestling yet, but in reading back about the period, there seems to be a period late 91 early 92 where they went a little edgier. You also had the snake biting Macho man, and Jake slapping Liz? I think that was also around then

I started watching regularly in summer of ‘92. I had watched here and there previously for a few years, but as far as watching weekly and really following it, I think I just missed a lot of this stuff by a matter of months or even weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom