WWE Thread | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

Bryan sold like crazy for Kofi and that match was by the best of the night.

Wrestlers should watch Bryan to see how you put over talent and also make yourself look good in the process.

Bryan is just unbelievable. I know it's not a hot take or anything, but the guy is one of the best wrestlers of all time. Work, character, everything. Made Kofi look like a million bucks

Billy said he can say whatever he wants because he doesn’t work there and then Hhh said Vince will buy that pissant organization just to fire you again and wasn’t being that funny about it.
that's what makes it funny

that's what makes it funny

Yeah I mean that was definitely a planned spot.

HHH not liking the too sweet chant though? Not sure on that one

NJ transit is now claiming it wasn't until yesterday that WWE told them the show would be ending at 12:30 and not 10:30.
What a joke all the way around
NJ transit is in CYA mode.
Everyone going to the show knew it wasn’t ending till after midnight.
No way they didn’t know till day of.

NJ transit is in CYA mode.
Everyone going to the show knew it wasn’t ending till after midnight.
No way they didn’t know till day of.

Yeah I really struggle to buy that.

Like I said, I got home at 3, and I think it could've been much much worse. A terrible job all the way around. I've been to Mania now; I can't see myself going again

More post-Wrestlemania injury news. AJ Styles is off of tomorrow's Smackdown. He's flown home. According to those who saw him at the airport, he was moving very gingerly.

BTW, I saw this picture of a huge yellow light that apparently destroyed people's view of the Orton-Styles match. Was anybody who was there bothered by it? Both Orton and Styles tweeted about it, and they were none too happy.

More post-Wrestlemania injury news. AJ Styles is off of tomorrow's Smackdown. He's flown home. According to those who saw him at the airport, he was moving very gingerly.

BTW, I saw this picture of a huge yellow light that apparently destroyed people's view of the Orton-Styles match. Was anybody who was there bothered by it? Both Orton and Styles tweeted about it, and they were none too happy.

Could you post the picture? Where I was sitting it was fine, but the section(s) that were affected were VERY vocal. Curious how bad it was

NJ transit is now claiming it wasn't until yesterday that WWE told them the show would be ending at 12:30 and not 10:30.
What a joke all the way around

I read about those issues. That's ridiculous. Show was long enough without dealing with that nonsense.

I've been reading about that guy who attacked Bret Hart. Yeah that's a guy who needs to be in jail or a mental institution before he really does something bad

Charlotte is one of the best sellers in the company.

On the other hand, Ronda was put in the figure four around the ring post, and was put in the figure eight, and minutes later was moving without a limp.

Tremendous mic work from Becky.
Killing it with the trolling, seriousness, and giving fans love.

Tremendous mic work from Becky.
Killing it with the trolling, seriousness, and giving fans love.

That first feud, apparently with Lacey Evans, could kill her momentum, though. Evans is regarded as a weak worker who is not ready for the big time. Becky is a good, but not great, worker. The main reason why Charlotte was put into the three-way to be the glue to hold the match together.

I hope that Becky will be able to retain her momentum. It's possible, though, that she peaked at WM, and her reign will be disappointing as you're only as good as your opponents. Maybe the 'Shakeup' will put her on the same brand as someone like Asuka. Or, one of the brands could have a tournament to come up with a challenger for one of the belts. Someone like...Asuka.

Last edited:
That first feud, apparently with Lacey Evans, could kill her momentum, though. Evans is regarded as a weak worker who is not ready for the big time. Becky is a good, but not great, worker. The main reason why Charlotte was put into the three-way to be the glue to hold the match together.

I hope that Becky will be able to retain her momentum. It's possible, though, that she peaked at WM, and her reign will be disappointing as you're only as good as your opponents. Maybe the 'Shakeup' will put her on the same brand as someone like Asuka. Or, one of the brands could have a tournament to come up with a challenger for one of the belts. Someone like...Asuka.

I love Becky, but she probably peaked at the Rumble or maybe the night after.

Lacey Evans as her first feud, I mean, come on. Like Daniel Bryan and Kane

Yeah, I don’t get it. Why would a newcomer get to jump right into the title picture? And what reason do we have to care about her?

Either Asuka or Alexa would seem to be obvious choices for her first feud as champ. Bliss pretty much squashed Bayley last night, so maybe they’re gearing her up for a title feud soon.

I’m still holding out hope that Sasha finally turns heel, and wins the title. Summerslam would be good timing for that.

Yeah, I don’t get it. Why would a newcomer get to jump right into the title picture? And what reason do we have to care about her?

Either Asuka or Alexa would seem to be obvious choices for her first feud as champ. Bliss pretty much squashed Bayley last night, so maybe they’re gearing her up for a title feud soon.

I’m still holding out hope that Sasha finally turns heel, and wins the title. Summerslam would be good timing for that.

The reason is b/c Vince and others think Evans has star quality. She also is an ex-Marine and a mom, and they think she can become a mainstream fixture for the WWE. But (a) she can't wrestle, and (b) her push shouldn't be at the expense of one of your hottest stars.

As to Sasha, she just may well be in the doghouse:

https://pagesix.com/2019/04/09/wend...fter-wwes-sasha-banks-cancels-at-last-minute/

Last edited:
The reason is b/c Vince and others think Evans has star quality. She also is an ex-Marine and a mom, and they think she can become a mainstream fixture for the WWE.

As to Sasha, she just may well be in the doghouse:

https://pagesix.com/2019/04/09/wend...fter-wwes-sasha-banks-cancels-at-last-minute/

Evans has to show and prove first to get over with the fans though, IMO.

Vince still thinks those Ludvig Borga kayfabe monster pushes for newcomers work.

Sasha...smh. Seems like there’s been way too much smoke about her being unhappy/WWE being down on here for several years now for it not to have some truth to it.

I still think she is the best woman wrestler they have, when she’s on her A game. As great as Charlotte is, I think Sasha is a little better.

Vince and company killed Becky’s momentum with the stupid injury angle they used to get Charlotte into the main event.
That soured a lot of Becky’s story with the fans as everyone knew what it was all about and it didn’t help anyone.

It is so dumb to have a person as green as Evans as Becky’s first opponent just because newbies should always chase the title.
Vince hates Asuka but she would have been perfect for Becky as she would be credible and since they have already dinged her it wouldn’t really matter.

Sasha was a great heel in NXT. Her match with Bayley at Barclays takeover 2 years ago was match of the year good.
She is a terrible face. Her gimmick is just better as a heel.
Problem is Vince again doesn’t like her.
Vince likes the blondes and it’s annoying.

Charlotte is a good worker but she gets a lot dislike from the fans because Vince pushes her like she is greatest of alltime.

It is so dumb to have a person as green as Evans as Becky’s first opponent just because newbies should always chase the title.
Vince hates Asuka but she would have been perfect for Becky as she would be credible and since they have already dinged her it would really matter.

Sasha was a great heel in NXT. Her match with Bayley at Barclays takeover 2 years ago was match of the year good.
She is a terrible face. Her gimmick is just better as a heel.
Problem is Vince again doesn’t like her.
Vince likes the blondes and it’s annoying.

Charlotte is a good worker but she gets a lot dislike from the fans because Vince pushes her like she is greatest of alltime.

I agree, Sasha is WAY better as a heel.

She was great against Ronda, when she was pretty much working heel. Just turn her heel and give her the big events. She’s got an extra gear to her that very few can match, IMO.

Well, based on tonight's Smackdown, looks like Lacey Evans and Lars Sullivan are getting rockets up their butts. They might really have something in Sullivan, assuming that his anxiety attacks are behind him. He was gonna work a Wrestlemania program with Cena, but he went home on his own before his scheduled Raw review.

Well, based on tonight's Smackdown, looks like Lacey Evans and Lars Sullivan are getting rockets up their butts. They might really have something in Sullivan, assuming that his anxiety attacks are behind him. He was gonna work a Wrestlemania program with Cena, but he went home on his own before his scheduled Raw review.
Vince is trying to recreate Sable with Lacey Evans.
It is stupid to make her first program with Becky which will either ruin her or take the air out of Becky mania.

If anyone other than Vince was booking you would see Nia Jax feud with Becky first and you have them feud over their past and the monster heel puts over Becky and makes her more legit as the monster heel and Nia proves she can get better on the mic and in the ring.

Instead we get Vince being Vince and wanting to push the blondes.
I mean I expect Evans and Charlotte to each take a belt off Becky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom