WWE Thread | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

ThunderDome was a much needed improvement last night. The presentation was much better than the empty performance center, which quite frankly was unwatchable after the first time. Now if they could only create some storylines and characters I care about but Vince will be Vince...

ThunderDome was a much needed improvement last night. The presentation was much better than the empty performance center, which quite frankly was unwatchable after the first time. Now if they could only create some storylines and characters I care about but Vince will be Vince...

I couldn't stand that, what would you call it, Zoom meeting appearance, with all of those faces where seats would normally be. Totally distracted from the action for me.

I agree they needed to get out of the Performance Center, but Thunderdome will not draw me back. All sizzle, no steak.

On the plus-side, I notice that they cut way back on those camera cuts, which is perhaps the single most unwatchable element on WWE television.

I couldn't stand that, what would you call it, Zoom meeting appearance, with all of those faces where seats would normally be. Totally distracted from the action for me.

I agree they needed to get out of the Performance Center, but Thunderdome will not draw me back. All sizzle, no steak.

On the plus-side, I notice that they cut way back on those camera cuts, which is perhaps the single most unwatchable element on WWE television.

I liked it. As close to a feel of a live event (much better then those WWE performance center recruits as the audience) Go Home Show Before Summer Slam. Official Card below

Drew McIntyre vs Randy Orton (WWE Championship)
Braun Strowman vs "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt (Universal Championship)
Sasha Banks vs Asuka (RAW Womens Championship)
Bayley vs Asuka (Smackdown Womens Championship)
Apollo Crews vs MVP (United States Championship)
The Street Profits vs Andrade and Angel Garza (RAW Tag Team Championships)
Seth Rollins vs Dominik Mysterio (Street Fight)
Mandy Rose vs Sonya Deville (Loser Leaves WWE)

Meh Card.

I liked it. As close to a feel of a live event (much better then those WWE performance center recruits as the audience) Go Home Show Before Summer Slam. Official Card below

Drew McIntyre vs Randy Orton (WWE Championship)
Braun Strowman vs "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt (Universal Championship)
Sasha Banks vs Asuka (RAW Womens Championship)
Bayley vs Asuka (Smackdown Womens Championship)
Apollo Crews vs MVP (United States Championship)
The Street Profits vs Andrade and Angel Garza (RAW Tag Team Championships)
Seth Rollins vs Dominik Mysterio (Street Fight)
Mandy Rose vs Sonya Deville (Loser Leaves WWE)

Meh Card.

3 matches that I’d care about if there was a crowd. Sasha and Bayley vs. Asuka matches, and Orton-Mcintrye. Where’s Bryan? AJ Styles? Joe? Do Sheamus and Cesaro still wrestle? That’s 5 of their best workers.

3 matches that I’d care about if there was a crowd. Sasha and Bayley vs. Asuka matches, and Orton-Mcintrye. Where’s Bryan? AJ Styles? Joe? Do Sheamus and Cesaro still wrestle? That’s 5 of their best workers.

Daniel Bryan is off TV, Sheamus is entering a feud with King Corbin but not on the card. Cesaro and Nakamura defending the Smackdown Tag Team Titles last night against Lucha House Party and retained.

AJ lost the IC title to Jeff Hardy last night.

NXT Takeover Tonight.

Big Takeaways. Pat McAfee (Yes again the former all pro Colts Punter) had a standout performance in his in ring debut again Adam Cole albeit in a lose. Apparently McAfee is poised to be a top heel performer/personality on NXT.
Keith Lee lost the NXT Title to Karrion Kross and reportedly is headed for the main roster. Although Karrion Kross suffered a legit shoulder injury in the win.

NXT Takeover Tonight.

Big Takeaways. Pat McAfee (Yes again the former all pro Colts Punter) had a standout performance in his in ring debut again Adam Cole albeit in a lose. Apparently McAfee is poised to be a top heel performer/personality on NXT.
Keith Lee lost the NXT Title to Karrion Kross and reportedly is headed for the main roster. Although Karrion Kross suffered a legit shoulder injury in the win.

Seperated shoulder for newly crowned NXT Champion Karrion Kross.

Did anybody else watch Summer Slam ?

BTW, Roman Reigns is back and right back in the Universal Championship picture. Looks like next PPV New Universal Champion "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt vs Braun Strowman vs Roman Reigns. Triple Threat Match.

BTW, Roman Reigns is back and right back in the Universal Championship picture. Looks like next PPV New Universal Champion "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt vs Braun Strowman vs Roman Reigns. Triple Threat Match.

Roman coming back was such a surprise it's a reminder how low the bar is for good stories...at least that could be a nice build.

So many promising heels on the mic. These people had me convinced that they were legitimately messed up, scummy people. Assume this RNC thing is some offshoot promo training ground, right?

Roman coming back was such a surprise it's a reminder how low the bar is for good stories...at least that could be a nice build.

Hes back as a heel. He speared the fiend bray wyatt the unprovoked chair shots on braun strowman while he was laying on the apron.

So many promising heels on the mic. These people had me convinced that they were legitimately messed up, scummy people. Assume this RNC thing is some offshoot promo training ground, right?

Vince is a Republican.

Rumors are Roman Reigns is the leader of Retribution. That would be a nice twist seeing Reigns as a heel.

Oopsies, it had to happen with that entire bank of 'virtual' spectators. From the Wrestling Observer:

"During the broadcast, several viewers took note of a front row virtual fan clad in what appeared to be a Ku Klux Klan robe during the Retribution attack on Rey Mysterio and Dominick. Fans also noted a video of a person being executed (also "sitting" in the front row) during the same segment as well as an image of Chris Benoit during Drew McIntyre's promo earlier in the show."

This could definitely become a 'thing'.

Oopsies, it had to happen with that entire bank of 'virtual' spectators. From the Wrestling Observer:

"During the broadcast, several viewers took note of a front row virtual fan clad in what appeared to be a Ku Klux Klan robe during the Retribution attack on Rey Mysterio and Dominick. Fans also noted a video of a person being executed (also "sitting" in the front row) during the same segment as well as an image of Chris Benoit during Drew McIntyre's promo earlier in the show."

This could definitely become a 'thing'.
I've asked this about the NBA virtual process, but what's the screening to get on? There has to be moderators.

I've asked this about the NBA virtual process, but what's the screening to get on? There has to be moderators.

Good question. They've created a virtual audience comprised of real people. But, just like with real crowds, some people get a camera on them, and they give it the finger. It's not like WWE has an index of 'good citizens'.

As Bryan Alvarez pointed out, WWE has been at war with their audience for years when it comes to not giving the audience what they want. They're not gonna play by WWE rules.

Good question. They've created a virtual audience comprised of real people. But, just like with real crowds, some people get a camera on them, and they give it the finger. It's not like WWE has an index of 'good citizens'.

As Bryan Alvarez pointed out, WWE has been at war with their audience for years when it comes to not giving the audience what they want. They're not gonna play by WWE rules.

Plus, let’s face it...a lot of wrestling fans are friggin weirdos. Not “us”, of course.

It was a bad look. 5 people (all noticeable on the small side) all dressed in black with bats. Beating up and bullying everyone ringside. Went into crowd beating up those ringside.. one of which was a woman (mind you two of those dressed all black were women-- may have been Chelsea Green & Vanessa Borne). Went on to spray paint everything and then used a chainsaw on the ropes.

Rumor has it WWE doesn't know for sure who will be in this stable as many wrestlers weren't available for this taping and these were more than likely stand-ins. Ciampa as a leader of a faction from NXT would make sense. Others rumored to be members are Dijakovic. Some say Undisputed Era.

The Core 5 members of Retribution were revealed tonight on Raw

All from NXT. Mia Yim, Mercedes Martinez, Shane Thorne, Dio Madden, and leader Dominik Dijakovic.

Their attire is straight out of Suicide Squad.

This “Raw Underground” is pretty much the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen.

This “Raw Underground” is pretty much the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen.

Seth Rollins and Rey Mysterio/Family have been in a feud since December.

Now they are doing the Rey is not Dominik father again storyline. AGAIN !!!!

Seth Rollins and Rey Mysterio/Family have been in a feud since December.

Now they are doing the Rey is not Dominik father again storyline. AGAIN !!!!

Looks like it’s the daughter this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom