WWE Thread | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

Also Paul Heyman was in charge of Raw and Vince was in charge of Smackdown. Paul Heyman is now out and Bruce Prichard (AKA Brother Love) is in running Raw and Smackdown.

Paul Heyman wanted to push the young talents and unestablished high upside talents like Liv Morgan, Shayna Baszler, Apollo Crews, Ricochet, Cedric Alexander, Aleister Black, Humberto Carrillo, and the Street Profits.

Aside from Apollo Crews ( US Champion) and the Street Profits (Raw Tag Team Champions) both became champions while Heyman was in charge. The rest are either off TV or have had pushes cancelled or postponed. BTW the Street Profits are about to lose their Titles to Andrade (Charlotte Flair's Fiance) and Angel Garza and Apollo Crews is about to lose his title to likely Bobby Lashley.

Point is Bruce Prichard has came in and is running Raw like its 2007. Featuring Edge (Now injured) featuring Christian and The Big Show in a feud with Randy Orton (and 71 year old Ric Flair now on TV tapings every week in Covid hot spot Florida who almost died a couple years ago) and pushing Bobby Lashley and MVP also.

Point is Bruce Prichard has came in and is running Raw like its 2007. Featuring Edge (No injured) featuring Christian and The Big Show in a feud with Randy Orton (and 71 year old Ric Flair now on TV tapings every week in Covid hot spot Florida who almost died a couple years ago) and pushing Bobby Lashley and MVP also.

I was aware of Edge-Orton and Christian. But the rest of that...no idea. And yet not shocked at all.

I was aware of Edge-Orton and Christian. But the rest of that...no idea. And yet not shocked at all.

Yeah they brought back the Big Show (BTW the Big Show turned for the 1000th time after turning Heel at Wrestlemania to challenge Drew McIntyre who just beat Brock for the WWE Title so hes a face now) to feud with Randy Orton and to set up a match at the next PPV.

I still remember that Sasha/Bayley match...and I have no idea who else wrestled on the card, let alone who went on last, lol. That was when Sasha made the Bayley fan little girl cry, and stomped on Bayleys hand when trying to get her to tap? lol. Classic and memorable stuff.

The main event was Owens-Balor in a ladder match for the title; i remember it being pretty good, but really, the crowd was almost tapped out after the Sasha/Bayley match. (plus i was pretty drunk)

Hot take:

Once Heenan and Mean Gene were gone, WWF was never the same.

However, they weren’t the same in WCW.

Wow. Big Loss. What could have been. Kairi Sane leaving WWE returning to Japan.

Was the ultimate future baby face star. One time NXT Womens Champion then brought her to the main roster as a tag team partner of the at the time under used Asuka and turned her heel as a tag team with Asuka another natural babyface who has since rebounded and is now Raw Womens Champion but only because Becky Lynch got pregnant.

As if WWE hadn’t already jumped the shark, their next ppv on Sunday, Extreme Rules Horror Show is featuring an “eye for an eye” match. Seth Rollins and Rey Mysterio are in a match that only ends when somebody gouges the other one’s eye out. Rumor is it will be shot in cinematic style and CGI will be used to show an eye being gouged out of someone’s head. Whether anyone’s “eyes” will be glued to their screens for this remains to be seen.

As if WWE hadn’t already jumped the shark, their next ppv on Sunday, Extreme Rules Horror Show is featuring an “eye for an eye” match. Seth Rollins and Rey Mysterio are in a match that only ends when somebody gouges the other one’s eye out. Rumor is it will be shot in cinematic style and CGI will be used to show an eye being gouged out of someone’s head. Whether anyone’s “eyes” will be glued to their screens for this remains to be seen.
wat

Wish I were joking. The stipulation is the match can’t end until someone’s eye is ripped out of the socket. My 11, 9 and 7 year old nephews love WWE but not sure I want them scarred for life by Vince. His ideas have become more ridiculous by the day.
I feel like something like this may have happened during attitude era but this just seems different. Even though I’m sure crazy like this has happened before.

Last week I watched the Flair-Steamboat match from February 1989 and it was so refreshing to be reminded that wrestling can be entertaining and taken seriously.

Funny as I have been reading a book about 1989 in Pro Wrestling, and watched the trilogy. Obviously the matches were fantastic, but really they should have dropped the Steamboat family man, carrying his son to the ring thing, people didn't seem to care for that at all.

It’s amazing in a pandemic where people are thirsty for new content how badly the WWE is being run and killing them selves when they could be creating new fans.
Their ratings are so bad the TV partners should force Vince to do it live so he can’t do it and they can get out of the contracts. TV money will dry up in 4 years. They aren’t going to get new fans and they are in long term trouble.

Last week I watched the Flair-Steamboat match from February 1989 and it was so refreshing to be reminded that wrestling can be entertaining and taken seriously.

Ha! I’m on a run of 1989 PPVs right now! I wish Steamboat’s work was used as the blueprint for all these modern flippy kick gymnastics guys. Product would be a lot better.

Great American Bash ‘89 - Jim Ross throwing that shade at WWF!

“It’s not snakes. It’s not pets. It’s not bodybuilders lying under a heat lamp.”

Great American Bash ‘89 - Jim Ross throwing that shade at WWF!

“It’s not snakes. It’s not pets. It’s not bodybuilders lying under a heat lamp.”

I watched a little of this last week because a friend told me I had to watch the Sid match. (we love Sid)

He was so bad in this match, but he was so damn over.

I watched a little of this last week because a friend told me I had to watch the Sid match. (we love Sid)

He was so bad in this match, but he was so damn over.

Ha. Speaking of over - really odd for me to see Jim Cornette as a face. Place was rocking when he came out for his Tuxedo match against Heyman.

I guess someone got to Vince because the eye for an eye match wasn’t shot cinematically. Probably for the better as the match itself was good but the ending was still bad. Rollins pushed Mysterio’s head into the corner of the ring steps. Mysterio covered his face with his hands and called for a doctor. For a split second, you could see Mysterio holding a fake eyeball in front of his mask. The grossest part was Rollins vomiting all over the place after seeing it. This is WWE in 2020. Fake eyeballs and vomiting.

I guess someone got to Vince because the eye for an eye match wasn’t shot cinematically. Probably for the better as the match itself was good but the ending was still bad. Rollins pushed Mysterio’s head into the corner of the ring steps. Mysterio covered his face with his hands and called for a doctor. For a split second, you could see Mysterio holding a fake eyeball in front of his mask. The grossest part was Rollins vomiting all over the place after seeing it. This is WWE in 2020. Fake eyeballs and vomiting.

Yep that was the review I read. They guys worked hard but the ending was just as ridiculous as you describe. Oh Vince

That reminds of me of the documentary Beyond the Mat when Vince was sick as hell and got off on the fact Darren Drozdov(what happened to him was sad) could puke whenever he wanted and Vince loved it and was screaming he is going to puke on the documentary.

The company just needs to shut down for the interest of the product.

That reminds of me of the documentary Beyond the Mat when Vince was sick as hell and got off on the fact Darren Drozdov(what happened to him was sad) could puke whenever he wanted and Vince loved it and was screaming he is going to puke on the documentary.

I remember that. Just terrible. Vince also does his best to embarrass guys who are rumored to be leaving as well. Had Matt Hardy destroyed and humiliated by Randy Orton a few months ago. Had one of the best tag teams, The Revival, become jobbers in their final months and wanted them to take on humiliating new personas(they refused). Jeff Hardy, who has had struggles with alcohol, gets thrown into a storyline involving alcohol and has to submit a urine sample on live tv. Mysterio hasn’t signed a new contract yet, so let’s take his eye out after he was already thrown off of WWE headquarters at Money in the Bank. And let’s not forget the Montreal Screwjob with Bret Hart. Vince has been doing this stuff for years to intimidate and prove he’s in charge.

JR referenced it. Vince gets off on humor like that vomiting passing gas urinating etc. If you write that into a storyline he will go with it. Few years ago he gave one to one of the best women technical workers in the company natalya daughter of the late jim the anvil and gave her a storyline where she was constantly passing gas in the ring and out of the ring segments.

I remember that. Just terrible. Vince also does his best to embarrass guys who are rumored to be leaving as well. Had Matt Hardy destroyed and humiliated by Randy Orton a few months ago. Had one of the best tag teams, The Revival, become jobbers in their final months and wanted them to take on humiliating new personas(they refused). Jeff Hardy, who has had struggles with alcohol, gets thrown into a storyline involving alcohol and has to submit a urine sample on live tv. Mysterio hasn’t signed a new contract yet, so let’s take his eye out after he was already thrown off of WWE headquarters at Money in the Bank. And let’s not forget the Montreal Screwjob with Bret Hart. Vince has been doing this stuff for years to intimidate and prove he’s in charge.

Even Jim Niedhart - when he was leaving after the Montreal Screwjob. On his last appearance with the company they had him “join DX”, and then DX turned on him and beat him up shortly after.

HE'S GONNA, HE'S GONNA, HE'S GONNA PUUUUUUKE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom