Yankees can't afford a half season pitcher like Kuroda | Syracusefan.com

Yankees can't afford a half season pitcher like Kuroda

CaliCuse

All American
BPutting aside his annual post all-star game collapse,I would love to see the numbers of his too often give up runs safer getting a lead He seems like a regular and consistent kind of pitcher that gives up a lead shortly after he receives it from the offense. It pro bay one of the most frustrating things he does. I'm guessing that he won't be around in2015. The Yankees have too many younger options to put in play. IfI had to guess about who that option might be I would list Whitley or Clarkin as the first possibilities. f course there is the hoped for return of Nova and or Pineda. CC is a possibility as well but I wouldn't put him ahead of the others at this point. His future as a pitcher is going to be limited by age and previous abuse of his body by himself and his teams overusing him. That includes the Yankees for allowing hom to go to high pitch counts.

You realize Clarkin is only 19 and has never pitched above low A ball and never gone above 100 innings, right? But sure lets throw him in the rotation next year

Enjoy watching Stephen Drew in Pinstripes rollover grounders to second base. This is the greatest trade of the day for the Red Sox and they have really made me happy.

Enjoy watching Stephen Drew in Pinstripes rollover grounders to second base. This is the greatest trade of the day for the Red Sox and they have really made me happy.

He's an upgrade over Brian Roberts. :)

I highly doubt that. Drew was hitting .171 in 39 games for the Sox. Roberts has to be above .200 and can atleast get a hit versus a LH pitching. Drew was 1 for 29 against LH pitching this year.

I highly doubt that. Drew was hitting .171 in 39 games for the Sox. Roberts has to be above .200 and can atleast get a hit versus a LH pitching. Drew was 1 for 29 against LH pitching this year.

Have you seen Roberts play defense?

Drew's first 26 games, hitting .128, last 13 games, hitting .267. He had no spring training.

I mean, the trade made me scratch my head a little at first, but then again, I don't have to worry about Kelly Johnson being on the roster anymore. The fact that the Yankees and Sox are making a trade in the first place tells you that both teams are getting someone, anyone, to take something they just couldn't look at anymore.

Yankees have flexibility with Prado, they can put him at 2B against lefties.

It's a much better situation than Brian Roberts.

End of the day, they didn't give up any prospects they had plans for, in a season that's looking like an inevitable A's-Tigers October showdown.

I love the Yanks but these moves will not help them win a World Series. Cashman is a horrible gm the farm system is a joke and buying old players doesn't work. Give me Stick Michaels any day!

Drew's first 26 games, hitting .128, last 13 games, hitting .267. He had no spring training.

I mean, the trade made me scratch my head a little at first, but then again, I don't have to worry about Kelly Johnson being on the roster anymore. The fact that the Yankees and Sox are making a trade in the first place tells you that both teams are getting someone, anyone, to take something they just couldn't look at anymore.

Yankees have flexibility with Prado, they can put him at 2B against lefties.

It's a much better situation than Brian Roberts.

End of the day, they didn't give up any prospects they had plans for, in a season that's looking like an inevitable A's-Tigers October showdown.
Fair analysis. The Sox didn't care if they got a bucket of balls they got rid of Drew. Johnson will be DFAed I am sure. Drew is terrible trust me as a hitter he is not good. I don't have a huge hatred for the Yankees anymore and I respect Jeter, but this move wasn't needed. Drew is pure garbage at the plate.

Fair analysis. The Sox didn't care if they got a bucket of balls they got rid of Drew. Johnson will be DFAed I am sure. Drew is terrible trust me as a hitter he is not good. I don't have a huge hatred for the Yankees anymore and I respect Jeter, but this move wasn't needed. Drew is pure garbage at the plate.

I was surprised the Sox even signed Drew midseason like that. Was telling that he opened the season without a roster.

For the Yankees it was should I keep going with this garbage, or should I try new garbage and hope he can pop a few over the right field short porch.

By the end of October, neither player will be on the same roster.

I'm just glad the Yankees aren't dumping the better prospects they've been developing for a WS run. Because this just isn't the year. They're just trying to stay in the Division hunt or be that 5th team and see what happens. In order to really compete, they need Tanaka back healthy, and Beltran/McCann to hit the ball like they were brought in to do. Even then, the As and Tigers are just too stacked in the rotations.

You realize Clarkin is only 19 and has never pitched above low A ball and never gone above 100 innings, right? But sure lets throw him in the rotation next year
Cali is from the "grass is always greener" school. In fact, he was the valedictorian of his class. If he were the Yankee GM, he would make more roster moves than the rest of league combined and those poor seamstresses sewing on the uniform numbers would be dropping from exhaustion.

He won't just be "thrown in" Any and all deserving prospects will get spring games to be evaluated regarding talent and mind set or maturity in facing major league quality hitters. Then and only then will they proceed to the next level in the minds of management. A 95 mph fast ball and hard sliders must be hit regardless of the age of the pitcher. If they aren't hit then the acceleration process goes into play In base ball age can be an advantage just as much as too old is a disadvantage. Ring in Ichiro and Kuroda in that columnAdd another huge upside to Derek Jeter . He knew when that was going to happen to him and made the right call for this his last year. Sure he might be able to squeeze one more year DHing an occasionally play the field but to what end? He is financially secure for the rest of his life. You effn know he has treated his income with respect as in investing properly. He may well decide to become a part owner of the Yankees. That would be great for the team and fans. Derek is a smart man with dignity and integrity.

Not much of an upgrade with his bat. I would have preferred Rob Refsynder. He is a lock for the roster expanding late season ritual.AaronJudge will also get a look and maybe even ultra new draftee Lingren and starter Severino..Clarkin might get a peek as well. Why not see them up close and facing some big time opponents?

He won't just be "thrown in" Any and all deserving prospects will get spring games to be evaluated regarding talent and mind set or maturity in facing major league quality hitters. Then and only then will they proceed to the next level in the minds of management. A 95 mph fast ball and hard sliders must be hit regardless of the age of the pitcher. If they aren't hit then the acceleration process goes into play In base ball age can be an advantage just as much as too old is a disadvantage. Ring in Ichiro and Kuroda in that columnAdd another huge upside to Derek Jeter . He knew when that was going to happen to him and made the right call for this his last year. Sure he might be able to squeeze one more year DHing an occasionally play the field but to what end? He is financially secure for the rest of his life. You effn know he has treated his income with respect as in investing properly. He may well decide to become a part owner of the Yankees. That would be great for the team and fans. Derek is a smart man with dignity and integrity.

Baseball age? He's 19!. Hughes was dominated Low A ball and Spring training at 19, you know what the Yankees did. Sent him to High A ball then AA ball because...he was 19 and had pitched less than 100 innings in a season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom